Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger going forward.For what ever reason ..he is a poor kick. Fundamentally he has a lot of traits similar to GA sr but I think for a long time its been too easy to rely on pure talent. In 2021, I think he natural speed seemed less threatening. Soon he may have to show he has more than just playing midfield on his own terms. If Dangerfield doesn't have enough talent to kik 50 goals a year playing forward, then I dont know who has. he needs to polish his skills , to kick 3 out of 4 shots at goal.

I think expecting him to kick 50 goals a season is extraordinarily optimistic. The closest he got was 45 goals in 2017, and he's not that player anymore. Key forwards barely get above that now, and he's not that.

He might have once upon a time had traits similar to Ablett, but Ablett was a far superior footballer in just about every respect. And even moreso as a forward. They aren't in the same discussion.

I think expecting him to kick 50 goals a season is extraordinarily optimistic. The closest he got was 45 goals in 2017, and he's not that player anymore. Key forwards barely get above that now, and he's not that.

He might have once upon a time had traits similar to Ablett, but Ablett was a far superior footballer in just about every respect. And even moreso as a forward. They aren't in the same discussion.
Dangerfield playing forward, and kicking 6.5 to 7 out 10 shots at goal , like he should... then he should kick 2 goals a game. He will not do it kicking 17 goals 17 behinds etc.

and to do it he would need to totally concentrate on being a forward. Train as a forward. Learn being a forward. Im not convince he would want to do that. Most of the mids find that being a forward is like being tagged 100percent of the time, where as on ball they can run free some of the time. Its an easier gig to show your talent being unmarked.

and would he be willing to admit he has an issue with his kicking...and try to do something about it? I doubt it. Once he cant play the way he likes to do it, I suspect he will chuck it..and go fishing.

Ablett like any great is often used as a benchmark but there are many things that Dangerfeild has never been. For example...I remember watching GAsr ..taking mark of the week ..every week. Danger has never been a consistent screamer type of player.

He is one the vereg of being extended again... the 2011 year is long gone. Geelong are not the most ruthless club. If we had lost the 2011 flag.. would he still be wanting to coach us? We would have still had him here but would he still want to be coaching us?

He ticks a lot of boxes for those in the club, in the end I don't think they see the result of finals games as the determining factor.

He is one the vereg of being extended again... the 2011 year is long gone. Geelong are not the most ruthless club. If we had lost the 2011 flag.. would he still be wanting to coach us? We would have still had him here but would he still want to be coaching us?

He ticks a lot of boxes for those in the club, in the end I don't think they see the result of finals games as the determining factor.

The fact is he won it, this topic is no more insightful then asking would he still be coaching if he won 10 spoons straight

If only he had won ten spoons straight. Then those here who continually suggest he has no idea would at least have a scintilla of credibility when deriding his every decision.

If only he had won ten spoons straight. Then those here who continually suggest he has no idea would at least have a scintilla of credibility when deriding his every decision.
It sounds horrible, but imagine the war-chest of draft picks we'd have accumulated over that period if that were the case.. I feel dirty doing it.

Edit: actually scrap that - just had a look at the list of no 1 draft picks from the last 10 years and it's nothing to write home about lol

The fact is he won it, this topic is no more insightful then asking would he still be coaching if he won 10 spoons straight
Would Chris Scott still be coaching if we won 10 spoons straight but the club still made a profit? Probably

hmmm.. A Chris Scott thread....

Good thing we dont have one about him with 5 parts going on 6...

oh wait - carry on there.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. Is there a club announcement confirming this?

The Cat website also confirmed but its probably archived now...the above is best I can do.

Is it just me but is there no real clarity on who his assistant are.
I’ve got Eddie Betts and Shaun Grigg in development with Matt Egan heading up development.
Then there’s James Kelly who will be a line coach.
That leaves two senior line spots if we use the same structure as last year.
Unless Nigel Lappin is stepping up to line coach.
Are we missing a couple of coaches here?
Or am I missing something?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve got Eddie Betts and Shaun Grigg in development with Matt Egan heading up development.

I posted this in another thread and it may answer a few of the above questions:

This feels a more suitable thread for this article by krock - a really good article that delves into the potential look at our coaching structure for next season, Harry's role at the club and the appointment of Chloe Wagner as our first Indigenous liaison officer

However, Hocking says the structure may not follow the recent tradition of line coaches overseeing a specific part of the ground.

“As soon as you do announce someone, they say, ‘righto, what part of the field are they actually going to be looking after?’,” he said.

“Chris and (football boss) Simon Lloyd are currently working through what our coaching model will look like and whether we actually have line coaches.

“There’s some consideration going on around that.”

Didn’t they drop the idea of line coaches, and just call them all assistants?

Wasnt there a bloke from North added to the coaching staff?

Didn’t they drop the idea of line coaches, and just call them all assistants?

I think that’s a bad move. You need line coaches in my opinion. We’ve lost knights, Scarlett and Enright and replaced them with James Kelly.
What we have done in development is great. Betts, Egan and grigg is great.
But for mine the club looks to have dropped the ball with assistants for Chris Scott. Assuming maybe Kelly is coaching the mids. Whose looking after the backs and forwards.

I think that’s a bad move. You need line coaches in my opinion. We’ve lost knights, Scarlett and Enright and replaced them with James Kelly.
What we have done in development is great. Betts, Egan and grigg is great.
But for mine the club looks to have dropped the ball with assistants for Chris Scott. Assuming maybe Kelly is coaching the mids. Whose looking after the backs and forwards.

Probably a football department soft cap related call. And a switch to development after realising the window has been shut.

The assistants can fill other roles anyway. Better to spread them over a couple of roles, than nail them to one. Development coaches need a match day role anyway i suppose.

I was under the impression that Kelly was defensive coach....perhaps I just assumed.....

The reference to soft cap reduction is pertinent....and shouldn't be dismissed. Every club is facing that issue, no doubt.

And isnt Otto floating around as well part time or was that purely off site with Conway personally.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back