Chris Scott has a go at Gerard Healy?

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt say I knew, I said I doubted it. Doubt doesnt equal certainty FYI. That doubt was just an assumption, which seeing as you didnt rebut it though, and went for the word error (and instead of or), I guess my assumption was correct. Not so bright are we.

I didnt say I knew, I said I doubted it. Doubt doesnt equal certainty FYI. That doubt was just an assumption, which seeing as you didnt rebut it though, and went for the word error (and instead of or), I guess my assumption was correct. Not so bright are we.

I genuinely don't know what you're saying here. Is that in response to me?

The problem with your assertion of Scott's whinging is that he never blamed the umpires or the crowd for the loss. He never blames outside sources for a loss, so why would he next time? West Coast have been cruelled by injuries this year (they were my Premiership tip pre-season).

You missed my point. My point was Scott is whingeing about silly things and its pathetic. I also think he wouldnt of been whingeing about the crowd if they had won. Then, another poster (not so intelligently) implied that you guys would have won if not for Tom Hawkins being injured (ie that other poster appeared to blame injuries). I suggested that was a weak excuse to blame injuries, given we had them as well.

He has shown himself to by a whinger (only when losing), hence why next time he loses I wouldnt be surprised if he comes up with something else to whinge about (basically what I said above).

but if you think Geelong can't glean any confidence for a potential rematch in finals coming off a 5-point loss in Perth without Chapman, Kelly,

I never said anything about Geelong not gleaning confidence from a loss. I dont care how they feel after their loss, actually. All I said was I would be more confident this year we can beat them in Melbourne, as I think they are on the way down. Thats my opinion.

I'm not blaming those outs for the loss but I will be very confident if we go into a finals match against the Eagles, Subi or not, with those four back in the team.

Glad your not blaming your loss on injuries like your fellow supporter and good for you you are confident of beating us if you have to play us again in Melbourne! But I would prefer to stick to the topic of the thread, which is your whingeing coach.

Fair enough then. As I stated earlier, his ill-considered remark about the Subi crowd aside, I don't think he has a track record of whinging at all. If anything I think his comments about the umpiring should be commended. I can understand WA fans being miffed by the Subi crowd comments and I've defended Subi in the past. Being a Geelong fan, I have experience at parochial home grounds. Having said that, I don't know whether one ill-considered comment from Chris Scott is worthy of the stacks-on that's occurred since, with three seperate topics on the main board dedicated to potting the guy.

He's a young coach who has alreaady won a premiership and has his team primed for another finals tilt in what's been the first of probably two or three rebuilding years. I couldn't be happier with the guy.

I don't think he misses the point so much, he just tries to direct it elsewhere all the time. And usually he talks about the stuff I want to hear about, more so than Healy. Roos is a waste of space for the most part.

Yeah wasn't referring to that particular discussion, more just generally.

Quite often Gerard and Roosy are discussing the nuances of an issue, and Mike will chip in with his opinion which demonstrates that he doesn't understand the discussion. He will quite often disagree with a view that hasn't even been put forward by Mike and Roosy.

Richmond are known for their grog squad. Bringing up the supporter volume holds no weight against WC supporters - we have plenty. That is a North Melbourne scold.

Ok, do you want me to bring up what West Coast are known for? I'll give you a clue: it's got something to do with Ben Cousins (and many others) and the reason why "Juddy" left! :thumbsu:

So you had the opportunity to field a replacement for Kennedy, right? Hardly the same thing.

My post stands. Hopefully we meet post-season like last year.

Okay next year you have Hawkins miss most of the year.

I'm sure that will have a far smaller effect then one mid game injury.

I noticed you didn't comment on your blatent hypocrisy from earlie in the thread.

Most Victorians have never even set foot in WA, let alone in Subiaco

i have, several times. Not only is it perpetually 1993 in WA, Subiaco is an absolute shithole

Who needs a DeLorean when you can just fly to Perth?

Okay next year you have Hawkins miss most of the year.

I'm sure that will have a far smaller effect then one mid game injury.

It certainly would have a smaller effect on any particular single match.

I noticed you didn't comment on your blatent hypocrisy from earlie in the thread.

Read the thread.

Someone (you?) mentioned Scott should spend more time coaching and less time whinging - my point was he is doing OK.

Yeah I did, hes doing OK but he could be doing better. You might miss the 8. But thats not my real point, which is he shouldnt be whingeing about the crowd and that I bet if they won he wouldnt have done it.

Why did you feel the need to add that you would have won if Hawkins had played a full match? You still havent answered that. You do know we were missing Kenndy and Le Cras, 2 of our best 4/5 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have, several times. Not only is it perpetually 1993 in WA, Subiaco is an absolute shithole
Who needs a DeLorean when you can just fly to Perth?

Didnt realise the city of Geelong was such a palace and that Kardinia Park was a world class stadium. Doesnt the ground hold about half as many as Subi?

Anyhoo, Subi is pretty average, hence why we are getting a brand stadium. A long time coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back