Chris Scott has a go at Gerard Healy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, using that logic, those s**t hole South American stadiums they cram 150K plus people in must be the best in the world.

I dont think they have ever had 150k there? No one is talking best in the world.

My logic is pretty simple, if your going to say Subi is a shithole, a stadium with its flaws but still has a brilliant location and holds close to 45k, then your great ground with, lets not forget a "world class stand" that holds 20k is just as much as shithole, and in my opinion more so. I am just using the benchmark that was set.

I dont think they have ever had 150k there? No one is talking best in the world.

My logic is pretty simple, if your going to say Subi is a shithole, a stadium with its flaws but still has a brilliant location and holds close to 45k, then your great ground with, lets not forget a "world class stand" that holds 20k is just as much as shithole, and in my opinion more so. I am just using the benchmark that was set.

Brilliant location unless you are trying to get there by any mode of transport other than a car, want to get a beer, want to sit on a seat that is half decent

I think for many Eagles fans that have never taken the trip to the Land of the Eastern Staters they have no experience of sharing a stadium with a large number of opposition supporters (other than in Derbys) this leads to arrogant and feral displays which would not be tolerated if half the crowd supported the other team.

Its worse therethan at AAMI now - my eight year old was told to shut up by a fifty year old feral when I was there last year for having the temerity of barracking for the Roos. Of course I was the one that was threatened with eviction when I raised the matter with the gentleman in questio

Brilliant location unless you are trying to get there by any mode of transport other than a car, want to get a beer, want to sit on a seat that is half decent

I think for many Eagles fans that have never taken the trip to the Land of the Eastern Staters they have no experience of sharing a stadium with a large number of opposition supporters (other than in Derbys) this leads to arrogant and feral displays which would not be tolerated if half the crowd supported the other team.

Its worse there and at AAMI now

I agree its an average stadium, and cant wait for a new stadium, but mainly because its not big enough. I am only responding to the Geelong supporter who thought he was a big shot calling it a shithole. My point is he should look in his own backyard.

Subi is mellow, always has been as long as I can remember, hence all the jokes about eagles supporters knitting, chardonnay sipping etc. Chris Scott is just whingeing and talking bollocks.

I think he did a masterful job of deflecting. Talked about the umpiring, the crowd and before you know it nobody really talked that much about Geelong losing and hasn't really been a topic at all this week. If it was deliberate then it was a stroke of genius.

In relation to Healy, the Scott brothers are far more protective of eachother than they are about themselves, you could pretty much say whatever you want about what you think of them to their face, but if you say something about the brother to them then they will get very defensive and protective and you would want to be 100% right about what you are saying. :p

Yeah I did, hes doing OK but he could be doing better. You might miss the 8. But thats not my real point, which is he shouldnt be whingeing about the crowd and that I bet if they won he wouldnt have done it.

Why did you feel the need to add that you would have won if Hawkins had played a full match? You still havent answered that. You do know we were missing Kenndy and Le Cras, 2 of our best 4/5 players.

Have a think about it. I'm not holding your hand any longer.

So now your blaming injuries? Was that the crowds fault as well or the ovals? Boo hoo. I am surprised Chris hasnt come up with that one in public yet. Maybe its still to come.​
If you want to throw up that argument, if not for Le Cras and Kennedys unfortunate injuries we would have flogged you.

What quarter did these two go down in? I can't remember them playing Friday night.

It certainly would have a smaller effect on any particular single match.

Read the thread.

It would of? How do you know? It's pretty clear WC is exhausted and out of form. Could of trying to plug holes all year be a big part of that?

Yep I saw your reply. You are still a hypocrite. The poster you were replying too was responding to Geelong fans who made false claims about Worsfold. Instead of you having an consistency in criticising you fellow Geelong supporters for going of 2nd information you make a mealy mouthed response.

You are all gungho on WC supporters going off halfcocked while turning a blind eye to Geelong supporters who do the same thing.

Since the post wasn't even directed at you why were you even responding to it at all? The WC poster you quoted knew what the alleged presser was about he just wanted the accusers to point to the source of the claims. They couldn't and subsequently disappeared from the thread.

It would of? How do you know? It's pretty clear WC is exhausted and out of form. Could of trying to plug holes all year be a big part of that?

So losing your key forward, during the game, is equivalent to having him out all season, when discussing a particular match? *shakes head*

Yep I saw your reply. You are still a hypocrite. The poster you were replying too was responding to Geelong fans who made false claims about Worsfold. Instead of you having an consistency in criticising you fellow Geelong supporters for going of 2nd information you make a mealy mouthed response.

You are all gungho on WC supporters going off halfcocked while turning a blind eye to Geelong supporters who do the same thing.

Since the post wasn't even directed at you why were you even responding to it at all? The WC poster you quoted knew what the alleged presser was about he just wanted the accusers to point to the source of the claims. They couldn't and subsequently disappeared from the thread.

The claims weren't false at all. The comments happened, Worsfold indicated his tacit approval of the Selwood citing, you all knew of it and pretended you didn't. Everything those Geelong supporters said was true.

I was responding to it as he had posted the same thing several times, accusing the Geelong supporters of inventing comments to the press that he apprently knew actually happened all along. And you're having a go at me about it? Clueless.

I'm done with this ridiculous tangent.

So losing your key forward, during the game, is equivalent to having him out all season, when discussing a particular match? *shakes head*

The claims weren't false at all. The comments happened, Worsfold indicated his tacit approval of the Selwood citing, you all knew of it and pretended you didn't. Everything those Geelong supporters said was true.

If you a talking about the cumulative effects of form and wear it may well be.

He said the rule came out 2 years ago and that's that. After match he said he didn't think there was anything in it.

This is approval? Saying you don't think there is anything to it but at the end of the day it's basically up to the MRP?

God you are so full of s**t.

I think he did a masterful job of deflecting. Talked about the umpiring, the crowd and before you know it nobody really talked that much about Geelong losing and hasn't really been a topic at all this week. If it was deliberate then it was a stroke of genius.

In relation to Healy, the Scott brothers are far more protective of eachother than they are about themselves, you could pretty much say whatever you want about what you think of them to their face, but if you say something about the brother to them then they will get very defensive and protective and you would want to be 100% right about what you are saying. :p
Spot on, I reckon.

I'm semi-seriously wondering if the pre-game umpire comments were a square up on behalf of Brad. The Eagles and North have traded a few shots this year, then Chris gets involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was responding to it as he had posted the same thing several times, accusing the Geelong supporters of inventing comments to the press that he apprently knew actually happened all along. And you're having a go at me about it? Clueless.

There was no tacit approval, just your mistaken interpretation. Woosha said the rule had been in place for two years. That is neither approval or disapproval of the rule.

Spot on, I reckon.

I'm semi-seriously wondering if the pre-game umpire comments were a square up on behalf of Brad. The Eagles and North have traded a few shots this year, then Chris gets involved.

I couldn't really say but don't think there was any backlash, other than on BF, for what Brad said about our game there.

The Linday Thomas issue at the MRP?

Could be nothing in it, but I always thought that was a bit of a square up for Brad's comments.

Ahh, I forgot about that. I wouldn't think so, I doubt they would conspire to have a pot shot at the Eagles supporters or about the umpiring due to that. I think going from under 1 deliberate out of bounds per game to 9 is a reason to raise the concern. If it saved the rest of the matches from being similarly umpired then he did us all a favour, that was comically bad on Friday night. 64 free kicks and 9 deliberate OOB, that is too much whistle blowing, so many incidental contact frees, sick of the overly technical ones. If someone impacts your ability at the contest then go for it, if someone is resting a hand on your shoulder then play the * on.

The Linday Thomas issue at the MRP?

Could be nothing in it, but I always thought that was a bit of a square up for Brad's comments.

Like Selwoods is payback for Chris Scott's comments.

Thats what we are dealing with here.

sheesh...defensive much? I want blaming WC at all...just pointing out that criticism of the AFL has consequences. In this particular case a ridiculous (laughable) sanction on Joel Selwood.

Haven't noticed how bland the commentary on 7 is these days? TV rights are on the line and the AFL hierarchy have long memories.

Criticism of the AFL, or any of its internal departments, in particular the umpiring and MRP, is a risky business these days.

Why would he want to deflect? Yeah we lost, so what. West Coast are a very good team and at their home ground are always tough to beat. Can't really see the need to deflect our loss. It happens - some teams win, some teams lose. We lost - pretty simple stuff really. They beat us fair and square - they are a top 8 team and surprise surprise, they are actually capable of beating other sides in the eight. Not rocket science, no need for a deflection IMO.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but the way I see it is deflection is for those that are under performing and need an out of some sort to deflect from the actual story which is the under-performing etc. From where I sit, the Cats are not under-performing at all. I think most Cats supporters are very satisfied with how our year is panning out and we may still have a say in September yet - who knows.

Don't blame us for the AFL's stupidity...I don't think any West Coast fans think Joel should have been cited. Terrible decision.

Unless you're talking about a square up from the Giesch...certainly possible.

When I saw the incident my first thought was 'How embarrassing Adam, you went to bump Joel and you ended up looking like a bitch.'

sheesh...defensive much? I want blaming WC at all...just pointing out that criticism of the AFL has consequences. In this particular case a ridiculous (laughable) sanction on Joel Selwood.

Haven't noticed how bland the commentary on 7 is these days? TV rights are on the line and the AFL hierarchy have long memories.

Criticism of the AFL, or any of its internal departments, in particular the umpiring and MRP, is a risky business these days.

Then again bitching does have some benefits. Look at the WC free kick differential early in the season compared to now. You can argue that the WC are staging or whatever but it doesn't change the fact that umpires are interpreting free kicks differently for certain WC players.

Would this change occurred if there had not been a massive stink up about it? Doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back