Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be that hard. One would have people who provide both views, the other one would be for haters who s**t on every single thing the club does, at every chance they get.
For the record I thought the club stuffed up renewing Scotts contract when they did in 2018 before finals with him already having a year to run in 2019.
Same with Cam Guthrie contracted now until 2022.
Does that make me a hater?

Hawks for one.

Nice troll though. We have under 26 AA players, many teams don’t. I don’t see the potential of many of our youngsters being any worse than at least 8-10 other teams.

Mitchell, Wingard and O'Meara are a lot better than our batch

they are the second worst and will join us at the bottom of the ladder in 3-4 years

its not trolling if its the truth

let me know the other teams

It's certainly not the place it once was,it's much more confrontational and much more aggressive,with a focus more on point scoring than fact.It has become an eat your own forum,we don't need trolls.

Unfortunately we seem to more posters around here these days who are more focused on provoking emotional responses than an intelligent exchange of thoughts and opinions, because they thrive on the chaos and spite it creates.

For the record I thought the club stuffed up renewing Scotts contract when they did in 2018 before finals with him already having a year to run in 2019.

No. Opposing views are needed for balance.

But name calling, mocking others simply because they have a point of view, and the language and tone used soon identify those who are intolerant.

Unfortunately we seem to more posters around here these days who are more focused on provoking emotional responses than an intelligent exchange of thoughts and opinions, because they thrive on the chaos and spite it creates.
It isn't necessarily that. Sometimes when they do try to provide an opposing viewpoint, they get ganged up on by the majority so the only way to combat it sometimes is to troll and it not like the majority don't troll but it overlooked coz it the majority view! I remember a number of times I have tried to stand against the tide and I provided reasoned argument, only to resort to trolling coz the opposition TROLLED ME FIRST. YOU DON'T TROLL A TROLL!

It isn't necessarily that. Sometimes when they do try to provide an opposing viewpoint, they get ganged up on by the majority so the only way to combat it sometimes is to troll and it not like the majority don't troll but it overlooked coz it the majority view! I remember a number of times I have tried to stand against the tide and I provided reasoned argument, only to resort to trolling coz the opposition TROLLED ME FIRST. YOU DON'T TROLL A TROLL!

I kind of get what you're saying, but in resorting to trolling you've played into their hands, because they've incited an emotional response and distracted you from providing reasoned argument.

No matter what pov you take, it IS possible to have a sensible discussion with others that don't agree without resorting to name calling and trolling.

Those who are incapable of replying in kind will soon become evident, and sometimes that's where the ignore function comes in handy.

We're all Foamers, Cultists, and all our posts are a Pile of pish.
In all seriousness, we are all on a Geelong forum in the middle of January.
We obviously all care about the club and are a tad bored.
Doesn't really bother me TBH, but I don't really get the name calling.
I don't get the doom and gloom we're ****ed rhetoric, but here we are.
Mind numbing nonsense is what it is.

Happy New Year all :D

I kind of get what you're saying, but in resorting to trolling you've played into their hands, because they've incited an emotional response and distracted you from providing reasoned argument.
No matter what pov you take, it IS possible to have a sensible discussion with others that don't agree without resorting to name calling and trolling.
Those who are incapable of replying in kind will soon become evident, and sometimes that's where the ignore function comes in handy.
NO by trolling THEY PLAYED INTO MY HANDS and I had already explained my PoV but there no point arguing with stupid so that is why I assumed the role!
...We have an ignore function?!? LOL <_<

NO by trolling THEY PLAYED INTO MY HANDS and I had already explained my PoV but there no point arguing with stupid so that is why I assumed the role!
...We have an ignore function?!? LOL <_<

Um, ok.

So when each decides the other is stupid.....??

And yes. We do have an ignore function. Works a treat and can make your experience here much more enjoyable.

Um, ok.

And yes. We do have an ignore function. Works a treat and can make your experience here much more enjoyable.
I welcome the contrary view as long as you make a reasonable case.

This does raise the view whether its contrary/minority view in not supporting the Scott extension.

Um, ok.
You're missing the whole context of the scenario. When you are the minority and you are under siege from numerous posters(some trolling) that are all supporting each other, I think you would start to understand my point. It's warfare coz some aren't there to be reasoned with, but just there to support their friends.

Can’t be that hard. One would have people who provide both views, the other one would be for haters who s**t on every single thing the club does, at every chance they get.

It would almost counteract the fanboys who endlessly praise Scott and refuse to believe he or the club could make mistakes. Plus refusing to acknowledge the rather unpleasant facts of our recent finals disasters and failed trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would almost counteract the fanboys who endlessly praise Scott and refuse to believe he or the club could make mistakes. Plus refusing to acknowledge the rather unpleasant facts of our recent finals disasters and failed trades.
^This reminded me of a movie I just watched called Bird Box where we symbolize the guys trying to make the other Cats supporters here take off the blindfold. LOL

You're missing the whole context of the scenario. When you are the minority and you are under siege from numerous posters(some trolling) that are all supporting each other, I think you would start to understand my point. It's warfare coz some aren't there to be reasoned with, but just there to support their friends.

I get what you're saying, but I'm suggesting it doesn't have to be warfare at all.

You respond in kind and, well, it just becomes circular. Engage those that are sensible, willing to engage with intelligence, and avoid/ignore those that aren't..... You'll find your experience will soon change.

But that might mean you have to make the first move, and that's where some come undone because of their ego and belligerence.

We have those who are effusive in their praise and blind to some unpleasant truths, and those who are sour and unwilling to acknowledge anything done as positive.

I'd say the numbers are evenly weighted and both camps are as guilty as the other of being unreasonable.

I agree with all that. Doesn’t make you a hater, cause you balance it all with positive posts as well. We have 3 whose only purpose is to make every single post about how the club is stuffed and how horrible the club is.

We do ok for a club that can’t do nothing right and is completely stuffed.

Mitchell, Wingard and O'Meara are a lot better than our batch

All traded in.

Wingard is a petulant turd who is a shadow of what he was, omeara will be in a wheelchair by 27 and mitchell may never be the same.

On the ch10 news they said the hawks are still saying they are a premiership threat even without mitchell. Was good for a chuckle. Delusion runs strong at dingley.

^This reminded me of a movie I just watched called Bird Box where we symbolize the guys trying to make the other Cats supporters here take off the blindfold. LOL

Not everyone.......some of us can see the merits of opposing arguments.

It's those who insist they are right no matter what that are truly blinded.

We have those who are effusive in their praise and blind to some unpleasant truths, and those who are sour and unwilling to acknowledge anything done as positive.

I'd say the numbers are evenly weighted and both camps are as guilty as the other of being unreasonable.
Wrong on both counts, Cata.

Get off the fence and declare yourself.

Are you for the GFC, or agin "em?

Haven't noticed any of those.
Most are pretty frustrated with finals results and believe the club needs to lift its game without creating armageddon to do it.
Failed trades? Again, who has not acknowledged that, like every other club, you win some and you lose some.
Of course Scott has made mistakes and the club may have made a bigger one extending his contract.
But by all means continue to overstate the "fanboy" tag if it makes you feel superior.

Haven't noticed any of those.
Most are pretty frustrated with finals results and believe the club needs to lift its game without creating armageddon to do it.
Failed trades? Again, who has not acknowledged that, like every other club, you win some and you lose some.
Of course Scott has made mistakes and the club may have made a bigger one extending his contract.
But by all means continue to overstate the "fanboy" tag if it makes you feel superior.

I agree. I have never seen anyone say every single thing the club has done has been perfect. Even the most ardent supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back