Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing you have to consider is that in 2011 Collingwood had arguably their best side ever, and yet, they were thoroughly outplayed and more importantly out-coached THREE TIMES, including the most important game of the year. It was no fluke. This is without considering Geelong had been smashed in the previous year's prelim by the same Collingwood side and had lost the best player in the game. Those that say that 2011 premiership wasn't earned are kidding themselves.
This is exactly why I roll my eyes when I hear that Collingwood were the best team that year.
Clearly not. Because the best side in any year does not lose twice to the same team, and then again in the GF.
They were the second best team, as shown by the evidence.

I'm just happy Chris and the club finally took some of our advice and improved an area that had been lacking and obvious to a large group of us. Let's see how this team goes this finals series - the pressure will be on for sure to get the finals monkey off our back and prove that Chris can perform on the big stage. We even got him an Ablett !!
That’s the thing though. Do you really think 5-6 full time coaches who are paid to not only look after the side 5-6 days a week but to watch opposition sides etc didn’t know what we needed to lift?

Of course they knew it.
If it was a matter of simply identifying a weakness and fixing it as soon as you see it, I could coach a test cricket side.

But it’s not that simple. Contracts, trades, draft selections, free agents. That’s just the player list management side of things.
Teaching people to play roles they haven’t played before.
Teaching people to use skills they haven’t needed before.
Getting all 22 of them on the same page for 2 hours a week and dovetailing them in together.

It’s not as easy as knowing what you’ve got to fix. It’s knowing how, and having the resources, to fix it.

That’s the thing though. Do you really think 5-6 full time coaches who are paid to not only look after the side 5-6 days a week but to watch opposition sides etc didn’t know what we needed to lift?

Of course they knew it.
If it was a matter of simply identifying a weakness and fixing it as soon as you see it, I could coach a test cricket side.

But it’s not that simple. Contracts, trades, draft selections, free agents. That’s just the player list management side of things.
Teaching people to play roles they haven’t played before.
Teaching people to use skills they haven’t needed before.
Getting all 22 of them on the same page for 2 hours a week and dovetailing them in together.

It’s not as easy as knowing what you’ve got to fix. It’s knowing how, and having the resources, to fix it.

Re: resources

How many experts amongst our amateur ranks, those amongst the professionals, and the know-all commentators identified Kelly as the AFL capable talent he is before our club swooped??

Lyin' for one failed miserably.

I wasn't directing the criticism towards you, so you have no reason to stick your nose into it.

I can't understand why you want to be a flog about this, unless you are BiggyBoy posting under another name.

Do you think BiggyBoy would ever have your back, or defend you, so your loyalty is wasted on him?

I can't wait for Geelong to win a flag, and for BiggyBoy to either admit he is wrong or ******** these boards.
I don't know about BiggyBoy, but I had debates with both BlightysCats and a guy called "Bobby" who I think is here under another name. When cornered both admitted to wanting Geelong to lose on the basis that they believed we could never win a premiership under Scott, therefore the sooner Scott is gone the sooner we will have success. I had to thank them for their honesty, at least. BiggyBoy's comments along with others such as "Cynical" seem to reflect the same attitude.

I wasn't directing the criticism towards you, so you have no reason to stick your nose into it.

I can't understand why you want to be a flog about this, unless you are BiggyBoy posting under another name.

Do you think BiggyBoy would ever have your back, or defend you, so your loyalty is wasted on him?

I can't wait for Geelong to win a flag, and for BiggyBoy to either admit he is wrong or ******** these boards.

What absolute clap trap. You post on a public forum, others have the right to respond to it.

Your long standing obsession with Biggy does not allow you to accuse other posters (in this case a long standing well informed poster) of posting under your obsessions name.

To top it off you use the term "flog" when referring to a fellow Geelong poster.....an automatic sanction. Take a day off and think about it.

What absolute clap trap. You post on a public forum, others have the right to respond to it.

Your long standing obsession with Biggy does not allow you to accuse other posters (in this case a long standing well informed poster) of posting under your obsessions name.

To top it off you use the term "flog" when referring to a fellow Geelong poster.....an automatic sanction. Take a day off and think about it.
Did gill request the sanction

Posters here have to understand where BiggyBoy has come from.

From day one, he never wanted Chris Scott at Geelong, he wanted Ken Hinkley to coach us, because Hinkley played for the club (forgetting that our last player to coach the club, John Devine, was a mammoth failure, and that CS has outcoached Hinkley in all but one game when Geelong and Port have met).

Even since Scott's appointment, Biggy Boy has minimized, dismissed, tried to explain away and done everything to demonize Chris Scott. He denies Scott as a premiership coach, because he took over a strong team (forgetting that Blight and Ayres also took over strong teams, and Bomber had to build a list, but took much longer to do it then he should have (he was too busy stealing player's girlfriends), and was lucky not to get sacked.

Deep down, Biggy Boy would not be enjoying this season. He is hoping against hope that we fail in finals again, so that he can blame all the ills of the club on Chris Scott, a man he has hated since day one (instead of the incredible list of players we have had at our disposal, who seem to freeze in finals and don't lay a tackle, something which all players have the ability to do).

Biggy Boy hopes we fail again, because while many here wants a premiership, people like BiggyBoy and BlightyCats (who bags Scott for not winning us flags, but has a username of another guy who failed to coach us to flags) wait to celebrate another day, a day they hope for, when Chris Scott is sacked. They are willing to sacrifice seeing the team succeed to get rid of a coach they never wanted appointed, and then the next coach get credit for the list Scott has built now (when the next coach will only be coaching a team that Scott built, like Scott coached a team that Bomber built).

This post is an attempt by BiggyBoy to cover his ass, if we win the flag this year. He is preparing his excuses, and planning ways to make any premiership success nothing to do with Chris Scott. I bet he fast-forwards the DVD of the 2011 GF whenever they show Chris Scott, and says that Bomber would have beaten the Magpies by more. This is his "get-out" clause, because if Scott gets the flag this year, when only five of Bomber's players are left in the team, then Biggy Boy has nothing. NOTHING! He can't dismiss this flag as someone else's work (but surely he will try). Anything rather than admit that he would be wrong if it happens, and that Chris Scott is a BETTER coach than he wants him to be.

I hope we do win the flag. Because I want to see the team always succeed. Because we have played better than the rest this year. Because players like Miers, Dangerfield, Rowan, Rata etc will be premiership heroes for the first time. Because Joel Selwood would be elevated to greatness by being a four-time premiership hero. Because we can stick it to Richmond, Hawthorn and WCE flogs. Because Chris Scott will be vindicated, and get his dues as a great coach. And if that day occurs, I hope Biggy Boy apologizes about all he has said about Chris Scott, acknowledges that Scott is a great coach (and a better coach than Hinkley would have been) and then, after that, I hope Biggy Boy never posts on these boards again, as he doesn't deserve to enjoy our success, since he has sacrificed it for wanting Scott to fail, and he is a troll who should go and post on another club's board who has a coach he actually respects (maybe he should ******** and wax lyrical about Ken Hinkley, after another failed finals campaign with Port).

Also, the fact that Biggy Boy defends a druggie like Bomber shows what he values as a person's character in life.

Jeez. That’s sum pent up frustration right there.

Terrific well articulated post that went a little skew if just at the end.

Well done sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one requested anything........if I see it again, I'll sanction it again. If you see it again, report it.

If there's any confusion I refer you and everybody else to catempires' pre season post....link below.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/setting-the-tone-for-season-2019.1213517/
I always liked you David.
that graph loving, bold caps obsessed catempire though, he's a total flog ;):moustache:

P.S. How good is this thread now that we're sitting pretty on top!

I always liked you David.
that graph loving, bold caps obsessed catempire though, he's a total flog ;):moustache:

P.S. How good is this thread now that we're sitting pretty on top!

Funny....he said the same about you.....:cool::thumbsu::thumbsu::eek:.....i can feel the love.....

From day one, he never wanted Chris Scott at Geelong, he wanted Ken Hinkley to coach us, because Hinkley played for the club (forgetting that our last player to coach the club, John Devine, was a mammoth failure, and that CS has outcoached Hinkley in all but one game when Geelong and Port have met).

Gonna have to make that two.

Cant make grand finals without winning off byes.

Makes the rest of the season pointless.
Combination of bye and pressure. Port aren't a bad side, and they were at home, but they'll come into better sides during finals. They just can't handle that kind of pressure, particularly with the form drop that seems to come from the week off. Dual B&F holder Blicavs still pissing himself under pressure and making rudimentary but costly errors just sums up this group under Scott.

This post is an attempt by BiggyBoy to cover his ass, if we win the flag this year. He is preparing his excuses, and planning ways to make any premiership success nothing to do with Chris Scott.
Sounds like the pro-Scott crew all year saying "wait 'til finals" and "you'll regret this when we win the flag", who all mysteriously disappear come September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back