Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best wins of that era ... and that was 5 goals short of 10.
The BEST thing about that win was ensuring Hawks could NOT make the 8 after having been premiers, iirc.

Not quite. They were 8-8 going into that match. It was only Round 17 remember.

What really ensured they didn't play finals was losing 4 of the next 5 after that Geelong game.
For some reason, I recall leaving that match thinking and saying that was their season. That was our discussion, but clearly you are correct.

Chris Scott has a new look in 2020

1580874721915.jpeg

Does that mean that Scarlett is in charge of Coaching?????

Is that Scarlett though?

That's what I originally thought until I tried to zoom in - looks like Clark Kent

Can't believe Scotty wouldn't show up to something pre-season.
It's just not like him.
Has he been to China recently - maybe quarantined at home or just sick?

I'm actually curious to see what the team photo turns out like in terms of Photoshopping him back in

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Has he been to China recently - maybe quarantined at home or just sick?

I'm actually curious to see what the team photo turns out like in terms of Photoshopping him back in
True. Will be good to see how it turns out.
They actually could of put the player standing behind him in a green shirt to CGI it or something like that.

“Not to go into too much technical stuff, but it’s trying to get the ball in as quick as possible to the forwards so we can go to work."

Oh really.... His praise for Chris Scott is that the players get more time off to relax lol... Nothing more needs to be said. That's how we play.
I may not have fully grasped this so to be clear..

Are you saying that Dahl's comment about CS were directly related to the assertion that Dahl and players could get more time off to relax by saying that?

GO Catters

I may not have fully grasped this so to be clear..

Are you saying that Dahl's comment about CS were directly related to the assertion that Dahl and players could get more time off to relax by saying that?

GO Catters
It seems more real than that.
He noted that since coming to Catland, CS has a more holistic approach with his players, their needs, their relaxation and stress levels, family time, and that allows for some of their success as they are in a better head space to perform when they do front up.
And he learned that CS has done that all his coaching career.
Innovative?

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Is that Scarlett though?

That's what I originally thought until I tried to zoom in - looks like Clark Kent
Just read this old thread. Of course it is not Scarlett- the meaning was if Scott is not at KP then perhaps Scarlett is in charge.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Me and CS are kinda the same.
When I don't turn up to work it's just to give others more responsibility and to change things up a bit.
When I can't be arsed getting to know people is cause their adults, adults don't like people talking to them.
I agree Scotty!

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
“Not to go into too much technical stuff, but it’s trying to get the ball in as quick as possible to the forwards so we can go to work."

Oh really.... His praise for Chris Scott is that the players get more time off to relax lol... Nothing more needs to be said. That's how we play.

And they showed that in the pre-season hasn't been a lot of running happening

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Very true. Grigg sounds like a great move as well.

Blake caracella should of taken over at Geelong in hindsight looks like the best assistant in the game and will probably senior coach next season somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back