Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Miburn double the square up on half time.
Another exponent of the occasional reckless WLF costly outburst.
SJ, Milburn, Mooney, JSelwood
Milburn was proven to have lied that day, he did not touch the ball, and we were lucky it was not a costly goal

So far this thread is about some 32000 posts into this topic.

Its all been said by both sides and those in the middle multiple times.

There is nothing left but point scoring and rehashing what has been dead and buried in PT 1, 2 and 3

GO Catters
First time I've been back to this thread in 31980 posts then... What have I missed?

Another exponent of the occasional reckless WLF costly outburst.
SJ, Milburn, Mooney, JSelwood
Milburn was proven to have lied that day, he did not touch the ball, and we were lucky it was not a costly goal
It's a while ago but wasn't the free kick paid against Dasher for holding up two fingers to signify that's the second touched goal payed to the Saints,which was construed by the umpire to be the old two finger salute,I think the replay showed Milburn had actually touched Koschitzke's boot,so he may have genuinely believed he'd touched the ball at the time.

I've come to the conclusion it's more our soft players than his coaching. I was at the finals game and watched Hendo slip over and not chase the ball he gave up and Stewart run past him from 50m behind. Need to get over the high draft pick crap and delist players like that in an instant. And find more like Stewart. Guthrie is also completely useless but would actually be a good player if he had a heart.
I saw the exact same thing and commented on it in GD thread at the time.
I was pissed.

Im pretty sure Hendo had a bung knee at that point - and was mentioned later as an issue.

Could be wrong too.

but the look of it was s**t house no doubt.

GO Catters

You come in here and make this point on an almost weekly basis now. I do enjoy the irony due to it being more of a non contribution than the very people you are critiquing. If it isn't breaking board rules, and it's contained within this thread (I do understand same old arguments stuff in other threads being re routed there, but this is different to that), why not just moderate instead of commentate. There are plenty of threads here I find boring (sometimes this one) and if that's the case, I just ignore them. Wouldn't have thought it's that hard.

sorry I forgot I couldn't express an opinion. :rolleyes:

GO Catters

They haven't, though, if you actually look at the results in context. The 2013 Geelong side was relatively stronger than Hawks in '16 or '18, who were both suspect top 4 sides given their H&A form. Geelong '13, on the other hand, finished 2nd with a strong H&A record and was granted a final at its true home ground.

Hawthorn slipped into the top 4 because, among several sides vying for the spot, they managed to just slip-up the least. The competition was so even around that spot, however, that any number of sides could have made it. It's therefore not all that surprising that the Hawks would bow out in straight sets, especially against an upcoming quality young side in Melbourne. Geelong really only experienced a similar situation in 2014 when it only made the top 4 by virtue of a number of unconvincing wins throughout the season and didn't look a threat to Sydney or Hawthorn. Still, 2013, 2016 and 2017, you couldn't have them in the same bracket as Hawks '16 and '18.
Oh boy the sad part is you actually believe this crap.
Then I scroll down to the same old arguments about 2013 and Chappy blah blah and realise you really are Eeyore.

It's a while ago but wasn't the free kick paid against Dasher for holding up two fingers to signify that's the second touched goal payed to the Saints,which was construed by the umpire to be the old two finger salute,I think the replay showed Milburn had actually touched Koschitzke's boot,so he may have genuinely believed he'd touched the ball at the time.
Nice one.
He did not touch the ball, clearly remonstrated inappropriately, and got what players get for that.

Quite the opposite actually.

Positivity about Scott is certainly not triggering. It can induce fits of hysterical laughter though. So please, keep doing it, the more the better.

Also find it funny that you think we need safe spaces. I’ll take the most unsafe space personally. Me alone versus 10,000 Scott lovers and my thoughts would be exactly the same. And there’s only one camp who wants dissenting voices shut down, and it’s not us.

Wait, what?

You're posting in a thread on Scott in which a large number of voices are 'dissenting'. And you are all free to express your valuable opinions—there's literally thousands of posts that are evidence of that. Implying that you are somehow an oppressed minority, your freedom of speech threatened, is a bit rich. I'd even call it 'hysterical'.

Wait, what?

You're posting in a thread on Scott in which a large number of voices are 'dissenting'. And you are all free to express your valuable opinions—there's literally thousands of posts that are evidence of that. Implying that you are somehow an oppressed minority, your freedom of speech threatened, is a bit rich. I'd even call it 'hysterical'.

Good thing that wasn't what I was implying then.

If there's one thing I'm not it's oppressed. Not sure if I'm a minority or not; don't care either. I do think the anti-Scott posters get posts removed and shut down way more than the other side. I also think the Scott fanboys would happily ban some of the more contrarian Scott posters, whereas I wouldn't. That's actually what I wrote.

Actually, on second thoughts please start oppressing me. You'll have more luck crossing the English Channel on a pogo stick but knock yourself out. I can claim to be a victim and perhaps be running the site in a few months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, on second thoughts please start oppressing me. You'll have more luck crossing the English Channel on a pogo stick but knock yourself out. I can claim to be a victim and perhaps be running the site in a few months.

On the evidence of this thread, I'd say you already have plenty of practice.

I do think the anti-Scott posters get posts removed and shut down way more than the other side.
Yeah right. We just managed to miss 30,000-odd negative posts. :rolleyes:

Todays Addy has an article crediting McCartney for the development of young Melbourne players. Why did he leave us and when, my memory on that has faded. More importantly why didn't we recruit him back?

Todays Addy has an article crediting McCartney for the development of young Melbourne players. Why did he leave us and when, my memory on that has faded. More importantly why didn't we recruit him back?
BMAC @ Geelong - develops youth and wins flags

BMAC @ Doggies - develops youth and sees them win flag

BMAC @ Demons - develops youth and sees them into Prelim and maybe more...

Much like tracking Balme around - success seems to follow.

Might be something to that huh.

Agree - they should be asking.

GO Catters

He left after 2011 to take the head coaching job at the dogs. Apparently didn't get along to well with Griffen and left after 2014 to Melbourne as development coach.

Like a lot of very confident people on subject he is not for everyone , he strongly believes in what wins games of footy...
and once Thompson left I think the club wanted fresh start. Hinkley was not employed either. I think at the end of 2010 there was a vibe of what had worked was now a bit old hat.

He went to Ess for a while.. and it was in the media ..people asking why he had not been give a sr job. He eventually got that at the Dogs.

He did a lot of the leadup works that Bevridege piggybacked on but he burnt some bridges and put some noses out of joint. Listen to Cooney he was one that was talented but put off but Maccas blunt assessment

Now at Melb ..he is again doing his best work grooming a contest orientated footy group.

Listening to Viney this morning I could see him really like Macca.. he was too blunt himself when younger ..and his father was very much call a spade a shovel type.

In a way .. Id think some of what he taught should be able to be taught by the likes of Bartel and Ling and Corey etc.. but maybe these guys has been a bit disenfranchised by the current tenure. Not sure. Bartel is very impressive when I listed to him.. certainly i have been impressed by his insights.
I doubt we could move him now for anything less than the main job.. at least not till Melb have gone all the way.

Last edited:

He left after 2011 to take the head coaching job at the dogs. Apparently didn't get along to well with Griffen and left after 2014 to Melbourne as development coach.

He followed Bomber & went to Essendon for the 2010 season where he was their forward line coach

After the 2011 season he was appointed head coach of the Bulldogs - and I know the Griffen stuff was reported as a reason for him resigning from the Dogs, but wasn't it also suggested that it was a group of senior/veteran players that were struggling with his style of coaching?

He followed Bomber & went to Essendon for the 2010 season where he was their forward line coach

After the 2011 season he was appointed head coach of the Bulldogs - and I know the Griffen stuff was reported as a reason for him resigning from the Dogs, but wasn't it also suggested that it was a group of senior/veteran players that were struggling with his style of coaching?

It was also reported that he’d set up the dogs by having hard chats and that he did I reckon.

If we don’t get leading teams what about getting him back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I heard this the other day and it made me wonder about CS.

Sean McVeigh is the LA Rams HC. Mid 30's super smart guy. Very dialed into the game and his team.
Last year, Sammy Watkins was traded to the Rams and he played the season there. Watkins was a Top 5 pick but underperformed in Buffalo and was traded.

In his time at the Rams last year, he complained about not playing enough not getting enough passes thrown to him ( he's a WR)

So McVeigh heard about this and called Watkins in. They went to the film room and went thru game edits - every game edit he was involved in for the season to that point.

The verdict was that the QB had indeed missed Watkins on some open routes and McVeigh told Watkins he was right about those.

But McVeigh also showed him every play where he was late, out of position, running the wrong route or not working hard enough.

Watkins admitted his errors and vowed to make more effort to do more and complain less.

Watkins was traded out of the Rams to the Chiefs this offseason. So clearly it didnt work out. Watkins was not a Star player but you dont get taken 5th Overall in the NFL by being a hack either.

The point is - here's a coach that gets engaged with his players, is SUPER smart and is engaged in the game, and took the complaints on the chin and worked with the player to get better. And he's the Head Coach.

The stories ive heard of late of CS and not being that involved with younger and developing players does not thrill me. Perhaps he could learn something here

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back