Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frappe

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it too much to ask for one thread without the “i hate chris scott and its all i think about 24-7” brigade ruining it? We are stuck with him for at least a few more years so just suck it up. Constant whining about him isn’t going to change that.

Some find that part therapeutic (I'm not knocking it either) so you may as well bite back or suck it up.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit different for us. Cause we're apparently hard up for cash we can't afford to pay out his contract.
Also we're not a club like Melbourne where the AFL would step in and pay it for us.
He's probably not going to leave cause of his bar tab and needs the money.
He (and this thread) are here for the duration.
Geelong are traditionally not coach sackers anyway. But there's a first for everything...

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Yeah, I’d be worried if he wasn’t taking a break. Regardless of your views on his abilities, he is in a very public and undoubtedly stressful role. A decent break is important. Some high pressure jobs force long term breaks on their execs (eg 6 weeks) every 3 to 4 years. He will be good for the break.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn’t Bucks in Italy for three months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Nah, it's pathetic. He should be taking his leave in the off season like every other coach does.

We're currently running match simulation sessions 3 times a week and our head coach isn't there. It's an absolute joke!

He needs a break regardless of what people think of him, What did Paddy say? Its building a base and skills pre Christmas then come Jan they start on game plan, tactics etc.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
That's what the off season is for...

The whole group has already returned mate and so should he. He's the head coach for crying out loud!

Except whilst players were on leave he was working.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I saw Collingwood on the news the other day, Buckley managed to be back at Collingwood on time ... and he was jumping out of his skin to take on 2019.
Some Clubs run better programs than others I guess
Some clubs are more professional than others too I guess

I thought he came back then he went again.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Lol, he'll have had more than 4 weeks leave this year mate...

Buckley is already back at Collingwood and their season lasted longer than ours too. How about the premiership coach Adam Simpson... Is he still on leave?

Head coaches can delegate without not being there at all. It's piss poor and sends a terrible message through the rest of the football department. Wake up to yourself!

Bucks is taking 3 months off in Italy. Its a new deal so he’s delegating and de stressing. What are you going on about Stan.

We pushed Ayres out the back door.

Was he actually sacked though, or contract not renewed?

Ayres was still under contract at Geelong when he left to join Adelaide, need to remember that this happened not longer after Cook had come to Geelong - I've read that Adelaide had spoken with Ayres to gauge his interest, Ayres then spoke with Geelong to request a contract extension because Adelaide had spoken with him about the head coaching role there and Geelong's response was basically "good luck in Adelaide".

So it seems to be agreement between the two parties to break the contract. I can't copy the line, but it is briefly mentioned on the following page extract from Scarlett's book

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...48KHeIcBXgQ6AEwC3oECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Ayres was still under contract at Geelong when he left to join Adelaide, need to remember that this happened not longer after Cook had come to Geelong - I've read that Adelaide had spoken with Ayres to gauge his interest, Ayres then spoke with Geelong to request a contract extension because Adelaide had spoken with him about the head coaching role there and Geelong's response was basically "good luck in Adelaide".

So it seems to be agreement between the two parties to break the contract. I can't copy the line, but it is briefly mentioned on the following page extract from Scarlett's book

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...48KHeIcBXgQ6AEwC3oECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false
Love the line: Obviously, I didn't lose any sleep over that one.
Sums up most Geelong fans as well.

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
I honestly think the 6-6-6 is not going to have that much of an effect because it's limited to centre bounces, of which there are 20-30 a game, out of about 80-90 stoppages? Once the ball is bounced, then I think you'll see the traditional tactics start to come back.

They are huge changes the 6-6-6 will completely change how sides set up along with the ruck rule changes. How teams attack especially for geelong who sets up with more players behind the ball than most sides.

Considering how big centre clearances have always been in this game if sides don't have extra numbers back it's negating the effectiveness of the forward pressure lock in model. Repeat entries heavy setup behind the ball. Been the Richmond trademark dogs won a flag doing it as well. Collingwood this season were very good.

It's a congestion stopper or slower brought in to combat this exact strategy. Increase scoring remove hands in the back and change ruck rules to increase chances at stoppages.

maybe..
not exactly..
doesn't matter anyway

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

Frank came to the club. Disliked CEO, gone, disliked coach gone.

Whilst no doubt thats all true he was so disliked by anyone and everyone I ever talked to. I didn’t like him and that was followed up by the finger business to members. Blighty had a big hand in him getting job at Geel and then Adel. I think also the Adelaide supporters didn’t have much time for him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back