Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And many of us think that injuries aside getting rid of the lack of defensiveness Menzel is just as crazy. According to the assessment in todays Herald Sun we had the best forward line in the competition- my apologies to Enright who I have doubted as a forward coach.
So we get rid of one of those players for the unknown. Typical Scott always reaching for tomorrow on the chance that it will be better not playing to today with what he has.
Most efficient forward line, not best.

You say that as if youre forced to be in this thread....youre not, youre here from sun up to sun down, as if you have nowhere else to be. If youve had a gutful as you claim, move on.
The threads not about you.
Correct it’s not.

- but if a poster wants to debate or discuss the coach this is the place for it and swimming thru this sea of s**t every time gets old.

Go Catters

You say that as if youre forced to be in this thread....youre not, youre here from sun up to sun down, as if you have nowhere else to be. If youve had a gutful as you claim, move on.
The threads not about you.
I have a message sent to me every time you post and it's compulsory reading. Sun up to sun down. Keep up the good work.

You left out inspiid game plan, nepotism around the selection table, post bye failures, poor communication between the club and its members. Thats just a fw issues at the top of my head

What does the communication with members issue have to do with Chris Scott?

And many of us think that injuries aside getting rid of the lack of defensiveness Menzel is just as crazy. According to the assessment in todays Herald Sun we had the best forward line in the competition- my apologies to Enright who I have doubted as a forward coach.
So we get rid of one of those players for the unknown. Typical Scott always reaching for tomorrow on the chance that it will be better not playing to today with what he has.
If I read this right, you would prefer to keep Menzel rather than bring Dalhaus and Rohan into the forward mix.
By doing this, Scott has reached for tomorrow, instead of playing for today with what he has.
Yet, with what he had, we crashed out of the finals. And Menzel was one of those who didn't perform well in those finals.
How are we to improve if the coach doesn't look to the future?
Menzel's injuries stuffed his season, and helped stuff ours. And now he is out of action again.
That's something you can't just brush aside.
Between them, Dalhaus and Rohan have every chance of contributing more than poor old Dan and his failing body.

If I read this right, you would prefer to keep Menzel rather than bring Dalhaus and Rohan into the forward mix.
By doing this, Scott has reached for tomorrow, instead of playing for today with what he has.
Yet, with what he had, we crashed out of the finals. And Menzel was one of those who didn't perform well in those finals.
How are we to improve if the coach doesn't look to the future?
Menzel's injuries stuffed his season, and helped stuff ours. And now he is out of action again.
That's something you can't just brush aside.
Between them, Dalhaus and Rohan have every chance of contributing more than poor old Dan and his failing body.
Why we crashed out has more to do with no winning after a bye than the forward line. Possibly Dans injuries will get the better of him but my point was that Scott continues to search for elusive 'best' rather than work with what he has. He does not so much look to the future but hope that by brining in the next great hope whether they be a young recruit and old recruit a Dangerfield that the miracle will happen. he doesn't seem to get that developing skills and team approach is what works.

Why we crashed out has more to do with no winning after a bye than the forward line. Possibly Dans injuries will get the better of him but my point was that Scott continues to search for elusive 'best' rather than work with what he has. He does not so much look to the future but hope that by brining in the next great hope whether they be a young recruit and old recruit a Dangerfield that the miracle will happen. he doesn't seem to get that developing skills and team approach is what works.
No worries. I agree that developing skills and team cohesion is vital.
Not sure I agree with the notion that bringing in recruits upsets that cohesion to that degree.
It's part of footy that a batch of new players arrives every year and has to learn how to fit in.
I guess your point is that when they are recruited straight into the best 22, they don't have the time to adjust to team structures?
There may be something in that, but experienced senior players would settle in quicker I'd have thought.

Not sure I agree with the notion that bringing in recruits upsets that cohesion to that degree.
It's part of footy that a batch of new players arrives every year and has to learn how to fit in.
I guess your point is that when they are recruited straight into the best 22, they don't have the time to adjust to team structures?
There may be something in that, but experienced senior players would settle in quicker I'd have thought.
Yes sort of, I just think that Scott never says this is the team, injury aside and accounted for, and I am going to make it work. He is more of it hasn't and isn't working so I will play x in the hope that it does. Sort of looking for magic which as we know doesn't usually exist or work. Hence his propensity to play x one week, drop him then next, play him the next and then gone.
Most teams including ours at its peak had the odd passenger but they knew their role, played that to their best and as part of a team it worked. No magic just playing with and for the team
That is one of the bits that is missing in the Scott world.

cant build cohesion if we keep topping up

Rohan and Dahl will have 2-5 years and then they will need to be replaced (Rohan will probably be in and out anyway)

just the usual quick fix

cant build cohesion if we keep topping up

Rohan and Dahl will have 2-5 years and then they will need to be replaced (Rohan will probably be in and out anyway)

just the usual quick fix
Rohan and Dalhaus are just two in a bunch of new recruits.
And a lot can happen in 2-5 years.
Who knows, maybe by then I'll agree with you.

Correct it’s not.

- but if a poster wants to debate or discuss the coach this is the place for it and swimming thru this sea of s**t every time gets old.

Go Catters
Same goes for you No-one is making you be here
Its not as if the fan bois are less prolific as the haters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menz is injured again. Its no wonder he had to go. Luv him but his body wasn’t up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Think his duties as a mod require him to oversee each thread........hence he walks where he doesn't necessarily want to be.

Well, that's how I understand it anyhow.

Yes sort of, I just think that Scott never says this is the team, injury aside and accounted for, and I am going to make it work. He is more of it hasn't and isn't working so I will play x in the hope that it does. Sort of looking for magic which as we know doesn't usually exist or work. Hence his propensity to play x one week, drop him then next, play him the next and then gone.
Most teams including ours at its peak had the odd passenger but they knew their role, played that to their best and as part of a team it worked. No magic just playing with and for the team
That is one of the bits that is missing in the Scott world.
We have been as unsettled as a team in 2018 as I can ever recall. It is frustrating week after week reading 3, 4, 5 changes.
But I also believe that's a lot to do with the very average quality of our bottom 6-10.
He did not make these changes in 2011- 2014.

I never said the sea was one sided. Its full of flotsam and jetsam. Its well and truly both.

And sadly I do need to be here Jimmy. Id much rather not swim in the sewer but it comes with the gig.

To man the riot gear and water hoses to keep you lot separated when your eyes roll back in your head and you (not you specifically) just cant control yourself and get all antsy in the pantsy and fire off.

Go Catters

We have been as unsettled as a team in 2018 as I can ever recall. It is frustrating week after week reading 3, 4, 5 changes.
But I also believe that's a lot to do with the very average quality of our bottom 6-10.
He did not make these changes in 2011- 2014.
To be honest, and in a strange way Im kind of glad we got so many injuries. It forced the club to play some exciting kids sooner than anticipated. If it was up to Scott, hed still be persisting with Parsons, Zuthrie, Gregson and co.
Now if he can see the light with Scooter and Guthrie, and go with a couple more kids, ill be happy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back