Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made no reference nor have I ever said CS and legend in the same sentence.
You specifically made refernce to a point that he had minimal inpact in the 2011 flag.
YOu are 100% wrong on this - players have been quoted as it not being the case.
And now you are quoting some other flag waving posters stuff to divert this.

I make no reference to legend - nor would I as it is not applicable. Regarding 2011 and the GF you are just plain wrong.

GO Catters
I'm talking to geelong crazy about the legend reference not you. The idea that the team was a shambles and Chris Scott came in and wagged his magic wand and got a premiership we would not have won without him is ridiculous. He tweaked the plan - any half decent incoming coach would have done the same. Now is an accurate reflection of his coaching abilities - not his first year with a list he had nothing to do with and players trained and drilled by the previous coach. Facts.

That doesn’t make him a legend though. Is Charlie Clymo one?
Again - I make no refernce to him and the word legend. I have NFI where its coming from.

If you want to put words in my mouth then I can't help you. You are just making that s**t up and franky I thought you were better than doing that.

But on the point of CS having minimal impact on the 2011 GF - SJ clearly states he did have a major impact. End of story and any comments from posters here stating otherwise are wrong.

GO Catters

I'm talking to geelong crazy about the legend reference not you. The idea that the team was a shambles and Chris Scott came in and wagged his magic wand and got a premiership we would not have won without him is ridiculous. He tweaked the plan - any half decent incoming coach would have done the same. Now is an accurate reflection of his coaching abilities - not his first year with a list he had nothing to do with and players trained and drilled by the previous coach. Facts

So then why bring it up talking to me?

Im only calling your BS on the 2011 GF minimal impact statement. Nothing else.

I never the 2011 team was shambles. Neither did SJ. Again, making s**t up to suit the narrative. But 2011 GF win would not have happened without the influence of CS.

You were wrong. I was wrong about Cam Eardley. You were wrong about this. Admit it, accept it and move on.

End of story.

GO Catters

So then why bring it up talking to me?

Im only calling your BS on the 2011 GF minimal impact statement. Nothing else.

You were wrong.

End of story.

GO Catters
Someone had to be coach and Chris Scott drew the lucky straw. Steve Johnson was making a comparison between Thompson staying and Chris Scott - he has no ability to know what would have happened if it was Ken Hinkley instead. My money is on premiership. Ability is determined by long term ability. Chris Scott won a premiership in his first year as a first year coach with no real idea what the job means and since then has perform terribly in finals over a long period of time which on statistics is what actually matters. You don't make a call on ability in a single data point.

I'd probs have Reg Hickey at No1. Davis & Bomber after that. If Scott gets another flag though....
Was not around for the first 2 though so just going off what people say.

Actually sorry got reg hickey and bob davis confused.

Wouldnt be any rational argument for bob davis ahead of chris scott.

Top 3 would have to be bomber hickey and scott.

My belief is that it is more than likely that most decent coaches could have walked into our team in 2011 tweaked a few things and also got us the premiership. The reality is that what we see today is an actual reflection of Scotts influence (he has had 8 years as head coach dictating coaching strategies, list management etc). It is my opinion that he happened to be in the right place at the right time. Others may see it differently and that is fine. The word "legend" should be reserved for those in the top echelon of the games history (Jock McHale, Norm Smith, Leigh Mathews, Clarkson etc). Chris Scott IS NOT in that group no matter how much we all love the Cats. How would you all feel if people started calling Luke Beveridge or Mark Williams legend coaches lol...

Don't talk like steve johnson is an idiot. He wouldn't say that we wouldn't have won the premiership unless scott took over unless he did an extraordinary job. Do you think he would make those comments if it was minor tweaks that anyone could have done??

He singled scott out because it was an extraordinary effort and a master coaching display. Scott even has been on record in the past saying the side had to tweak its game plan three times during the season for adjustments.

It was quite a major overhaul from the side that was 81 points down 5 minutes into the third quarter a year prior

Actually sorry got reg hickey and bob davis confused.

Wouldnt be any rational argument for bob davis ahead of chris scott.

Top 3 would have to be bomber hickey and scott.
Dunno. If Scott makes another GF he'd go ahead of Davis.
For me Davis still pips him. Davis had to build a new team and got them to a flag. & he managed to get Polly Farmer to the club.
Scott is sort of similar. Got Danger to the club. Had to build a new team after a successful era but has not got that flag with that new team yet.

Dunno. If Scott makes another GF he'd go ahead of Davis.
For me Davis still pips him. Davis had to build a new team and got them to a flag. & he managed to get Polly Farmer to the club.
Scott is sort of similar. Got Danger to the club. Had to build a new team after a successful era but has not got that flag with that new team yet.

Both premiership coaches but scotts overall tenure is far more successful. So scott takes the points comfortably for me when you add the rest up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was. In a throw away poll on the AFL website a few years ago.
Funny I've never heard that poll bought up to defend Ken Hinkley once.

It was published on the AFL website after surveying the coaches. Where would have you liked it published?? At harvard library on the shelves??

Cant speak for why they rated ken, but his had a job an awful long time without doing much... The reason they voted him probably explains alot of why they havent sacked him. He is probably rated by a few internally in the inner AFL system.

It was published on the AFL website after surveying the coaches. Where would have you liked it published?? At harvard library on the shelves??

Cant speak for why they rated ken, but his had a job an awful long time without doing much... The reason they voted him probably explains alot of why they havent sacked him. He is probably rated by a few internally in the inner AFL system.
The have not sacked him because they can't afford to after making a terrible mistake signing him to a new contract cause he threatened to go to the Gold Coast.
Not because of one poll on the website 3-4 years ago.

The have not sacked him because they can't afford to after making a terrible mistake signing him to a new contract cause he threatened to go to the Gold Coast.
Not because of one poll on the website 3-4 years ago.

Nah if they didnt want him they would part ways. No different to brad scott with a contract to run st north. If they dont want you they make it difficult for them to stay and both part ways. Rookie coaches arent on the same mega bucks anyway

Someone had to be coach and Chris Scott drew the lucky straw. Steve Johnson was making a comparison between Thompson staying and Chris Scott -

He did much more than that....you either havent bothered to watch the interview or you are omitting a significant portion of what he said to suit your narrative....

Time and time again even in the face of evidence to the contrary you push your negative agenda...

.....honestly, what Geelong supporter would take the time you do to find some vacuous reasoning to denigrate a Premiership year of 8 years ago....???

Perhaps your views would be better appreciated elsewhere?

Someone had to be coach and Chris Scott drew the lucky straw. Steve Johnson was making a comparison between Thompson staying and Chris Scott - he has no ability to know what would have happened if it was Ken Hinkley instead. My money is on premiership. Ability is determined by long term ability. Chris Scott won a premiership in his first year as a first year coach with no real idea what the job means and since then has perform terribly in finals over a long period of time which on statistics is what actually matters. You don't make a call on ability in a single data point.
Keep moving the goalsposts lol.

If you cant accept that a 2011 Premiership player clearly stated your statement was infact complete rubbish then so be it.

You can keep going with this but there is nothing I can do for you - other than to suggest Im sorry but I can't take you seriously anymore.

Single data point... 23 games plus finals LOL.

Yeah ok

You were wrong. You are wrong and you will continue to be wrong the longer you carry this on. I guess the good news is that you can't get any more wrong here. You have reached terminal velocity of wrongness.

GO Catters

Keep moving the goalsposts lol.

If you cant accept that a 2011 Premiership player clearly stated your statement was infact complete rubbish then so be it.

You can keep going with this but there is nothing I can do for you - other than to suggest Im sorry but I can't take you seriously anymore.

Single data point... 23 games plus finals LOL.

Yeah ok

You were wrong. You are wrong and you will continue to be wrong the longer you carry this on. I guess the good news is that you can't get any more wrong here. You have reached terminal velocity of wrongness.

GO Catters
You are wrong and continue to severely overate Chris Scotts influence on the 2011 flag. You also overrate his abilities as a coach. The fact so many of you have to go back to 2011 to 'defend' Scott tells me everything - he has gotten worse as a coach. His finals record is terrible - he has no idea how to communicate with the fans and he chokes on the big stage. He thinks he is smarter than he is and his finals results prove this. His arrogance turns people off as well. I called all of this a long time ago and he keeps proving me right - he is too stubborn to change which is why we continue to fall over year on year at the same block. Chris Scott had no idea what being an AFL coach meant in 2011 and happened to get his ass in the right chair - he could have ended up at Fremantle and been sacked already aka Ross Lyon who he rates highly (lol). Im done here :) Proved my point. GO look at the vote results on what supporters think of Scott if you can accept reality and differing opinions of course.

You are wrong and continue to severely overate Chris Scotts influence on the 2011 flag. You also overrate his abilities as a coach. The fact so many of you have to go back to 2011 to 'defend' Scott tells me everything - he has gotten worse as a coach. His finals record is terrible - he has no idea how to communicate with the fans and he chokes on the big stage. He thinks he is smarter than he is and his finals results prove this. His arrogance turns people off as well. I called all of this a long time ago and he keeps proving me right - he is too stubborn to change which is why we continue to fall over year on year at the same block. Chris Scott had no idea what being an AFL coach meant in 2011 and happened to get his ass in the right chair - he could have ended up at Fremantle and been sacked already aka Ross Lyon who he rates highly (lol). Im done here :) Proved my point. GO look at the vote results on what supporters think of Scott if you can accept reality and differing opinions of course.

Dont argue with me. Steve Johnson... 2011 GF player is the one telling you are a wrong. Get over it.
You are now grasping at more straw than Rumpelstiltskin - you never go full Rumpelstiltskin - and you are dragging all kinds of fluff to try and get out of it.
And like Rumpelstiltskin you are now just spinning s**t.
Houdini you aint.You cant escape it.
Take the loss.

Its over.

Go and have a wonderful day, get some sun ( it cheers the demeanour - the Vitamin D3 conversion is amazing) and come back tomorrow with something new and anti CS - which you could very well be correct on. But on this one. Wrong - proven and validated wrong wrong wrong.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back