Chris Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Pivotal year for Scott so they should wait but that is not how AFL clubs operate these days.

Buckley, Leppitsch and Hardwick all extended before they should have been and all 3 clubs paying for it one way or another.

Only costs the equivalent of a few thousand memberships when coaches get sacked with years remaining on an extension they should never have got in the first place :drunk:

I would say considering his pretty strong record and Premiership he'd be attractive to any of the clubs who might be looking for a new coach? Richmond, Collingwood etc
Possibly. Has never proven to be able to build a list. Had the luck of being handed a great list when he won the premiership and since then has just been topping up with expensive recruits.

Queries on if he could do that with another team

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Possibly. Has never proven to be able to build a list. Had the luck of being handed a great list when he won the premiership and since then has just been topping up with expensive recruits.

Queries on if he could do that with another team

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk
However geelongs list manager is stephen Wells not Chris Scott

So i dont understand the reasoning behind "Hasnt built a list"

However geelongs list manager is stephen Wells not Chris Scott

So i dont understand the reasoning behind "Hasnt built a list"
He took over a top team. Pretty simple really

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Why the need for a contract extension. Post 2011 has won 2 finals and had 2 straight set exits. Unless they make a GF this year he has to go.

One straight sets exit.... same as Clarkson and Lyon in the same period.

He took over a top team. Pretty simple really

That's a common misconception. He took over a side that lost its best player and coach and had been flogged by the premiers and had a game plan that'd been rendered useless.

That's a common misconception. He took over a side that lost its best player and coach and had a game plan that'd been rendered useless.
So they were no good and a bottom team were they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they were no good and a bottom team were they?

No. A team seemingly on the slide. He's done well to stop the slide so we stick true to ourselves as a non bottoming out club.

Has done a great job so far. :thumbsu:

Won a flag in 2011 after we lost our coach and best player and had fallen behind Collingwood. Turned that around with a new game plan to replace one that had been rendered obsolete. Lots of credit to the players that year but you don't turn things around that quickly and win a premiership without a darn good coach.

Not much success from 2012-2015 but that was inevitable, no other coach would've won a flag in that time with our list.

We're now in the box seat to win a flag this year. If we do, 2016-2017 has been a success. If not, it's a big opportunity missed and I expect Scotty goes. Hence, while I am very happy so far, I would be waiting until the end of the year to decide whether or not his contract gets extended.

2018 could be the first year in a long time with no Scott brother in the afl coaching ranks.

Wanna bet? You lose and the account disappears....

That's a common misconception. He took over a side that lost its best player and coach and had been flogged by the premiers and had a game plan that'd been rendered useless.
He took over a team that had Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins, Bartel, Corey, Enright, Scarlett, Johnson, Chapman, Kelly, Duncan, Ling.. Geelong supporters make it sound like he took over a bunch of scrubs. Most of those players are Geelong greats.

He took over a team that had Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins, Bartel, Corey, Enright, Scarlett, Johnson, Chapman, Kelly, Duncan, Ling.. Geelong supporters make it sound like he took over a bunch of scrubs. Most of those players are Geelong greats.

And? Doesn't disprove my statement at all.
We were flogged
We did lose our coach
We did lose our best player
We had our handball happy game plan dismantled
We were seen as a team on the slide

The assertion on here that he won a fait accompli flag is repugnant

And? Doesn't disprove my statement at all.
We were flogged
We did lose our coach
We did lose our best player
We had our handball happy game plan dismantled
We were seen as a team on the slide

The assertion on here that he won a fait accompli flag is repugnant
I think that has more to do with Bomber being absolutely burnt out instead of Scott being some kind of genius.

Has done a great job so far. :thumbsu:

Won a flag in 2011 after we lost our coach and best player and had fallen behind Collingwood. Turned that around with a new game plan to replace one that had been rendered obsolete. Lots of credit to the players that year but you don't turn things around that quickly and win a premiership without a darn good coach.

Not much success from 2012-2015 but that was inevitable, no other coach would've won a flag in that time with our list.

We're now in the box seat to win a flag this year. If we do, 2016-2017 has been a success. If not, it's a big opportunity missed and I expect Scotty goes. Hence, while I am very happy so far, I would be waiting until the end of the year to decide whether or not his contract gets extended.

I doubt it. Most would argue that your list is weaker than last year and I would find it hard to argue that Geelong is better than any of GWS, Bulldogs or Swans. Plus you had all your key players play out the entire season which is just pure good luck. eg Dangerfield 24 games, Duncan 24 , Guthrie 23 , Hawkins 23, Harry Taylor 24, Blicavs 24 and Selwood 24. Its a near inevitability that you won't get so lucky again.

Add in some retirements to Enright and Bartel and losing a handy player in Caddy and quite frankly there is every chance Geelong slide rather than go all the way. I do think they still have some young players that can improve like Menegola, Motlop and Cockatoo but really I don't think it will offset what they've lost. I also think the 3rd man up rule change will hurt them as well given they relied on it far more than any other team.

Decent coach but took over a team full of stars and has arguably underachieved since the initial success.
Don't understand the need to extend contracts who realistically would try take him
I reckon he's the exact sort that could potentially be poached, young and has a good reputation in coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back