FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
Take away the 2011 finals campaign- where, let's be honest, anyone of us could have won a flag with that side who basically coached themselves (and aided by a bitter Malthouse).

Scott's REAL finals record is 3 wins and 10 losses.

Brad went at 50% in finals with a crap team and a poor and disorganised club.

Let that sink in.

No wonder he sooks and moans and gets defensive around this time- like he's giving excuses before the game has even began. His post match presser last night was hilarious to watch. stubborn, defensive, never takes responsibility himself.
Cats should get rid of him.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Take away the 2011 finals campaign- where, let's be honest, anyone of us could have won a flag with that side who basically coached themselves (and aided by a bitter Malthouse).

Scott's REAL finals record is 3 wins and 10 losses.

Brad went at 50% in finals with a crap team and a poor and disorganised club.

Let that sink in.

No wonder he sooks and moans and gets defensive around this time- like he's giving excuses before the game has even began. His post match presser last night was hilarious to watch. stubborn, defensive, never takes responsibility himself.
Cats should get rid of him.

No his REAL finals record is 6 wins and 10 losses. If we exclude that one year where Freo made the GF then Freo's REAL record is they have never made a GF.

Scott deserves the criticism for his finals record but it is stupid to exclude the one year he did well, just to make up a random point.

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
If you told someone who didn't know anything you want to sack a coach that led his team to a minor premiership they'd think you were crazy. But given the circumstances it seems perfectly understandable. Whether the issue is just Scott though is a different matter..

FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
No his REAL finals record is 6 wins and 10 losses. If we exclude that one year where Freo made the GF then Freo's REAL record is they have never made a GF.

Scott deserves the criticism for his finals record but it is stupid to exclude the one year he did well, just to make up a random point.

Why is it stupid? It is completely valid- he took over a well oiled machine with a core group of senior players - Scarlett, Chappy, Enright, Corey, Mackie, Ling, stevie J, Kelly -who were basically on field coaches. He stepped into a club that had created it's own culture- that he has NOTHING to do with- and has slowly eroded since.

Add Malthouse hubris in rolling over in last game of the H&A season, leaving an injured Ben Reid on Hawkins and the behind the scenes coaching/Cloke contract destabilisation and it was a perfect storm for a Cats flag.

Most coaches take a few years to put their OWN stamp on THEIR team.

2011 was not HIS team- it was still BOMBERS.

What has he done since?

PS- Update- He is now at 11 finals losses

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong probably had the potential to become easily the greatest team of the modern era. They could have five peated between 2007-11, an unimaginable feat in the modern era, and snagged maybe 2-3 flags post 2011. Still 3 premierships within 5 years is a bloody good record. Scott and Geelong, however, seem to have underperformed not even making the big dance once since. Personally I'm very happy with that, I'm kinda sick of Geelong lol. But just sick of hearing about them.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
His finals record is pathetic and his constant whinging is childish. But can you sack a coach that constantly takes you to the top four? I don’t know, but the Cats need a change and I think it starts with the coach. otherwise this finals monkey on their back will get even bigger than what Richmond’s was.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Awful coach who mentally lost it for his players when he bought into the home ground crap instead of ignoring it and leaving that to the CEO/President.

Why did they wait so long last night to play fast footy until the game was over? Should have been doing that halfway through the third not the last 5 minutes alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I can’t bear the media persona and whining he’s allowed to indulge in, this is a top 4 team.

If not him, then who?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Sometimes finals records are horseshit

If a coach finishes 8th and 3 years in a row wins to the prelim and loses they get a 6-3 finals records

If another coach loses a qualifying final and then wins through to the Granny and loses for 3 years they get a 6-6 record. So is coach 1 better?

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
His decision to drop Stanley because they thought it might rain is up there with Cotchin choosing to kick into the wind as one of the great finals blunders.

Grundy had a field day up against Blicavs and Ratugolea and pretty much did as he pleased, Stanley would have at least kept him honest.

Last edited:

Franc de Borges

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 5, 2010
Behind Sunglasses
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Australia
Sometimes finals records are horses**t

If a coach finishes 8th and 3 years in a row wins to the prelim and loses they get a 6-3 finals records

If another coach loses a qualifying final and then wins through to the Granny and loses for 3 years they get a 6-6 record. So is coach 1 better?

Most teams have a negative win/loss record in finals for this very reason.

yeee_haaaa!!!!!

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2010
prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
His decision to drop Stanley because they thought it might rain would be up there Cotchin choosing to kick into the wind as one of the great finals blunders.

Grundy had a field day up against Blicavs and Ratugolea and pretty much did as he pleased, Stanley would have at least kept him honest.

Spot on. Seriously, how do you come up with the idea of combatting the league’s best ruckman with not playing a ruckman at all?? As soon as I heard this late change , my confidence levels just rose. Laughable stuff in an elite level competition. Compounding this ridiculous decision , Stanley actually played well against Grundy early in the year

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His decision to drop Stanley because they thought it might rain would be up there Cotchin choosing to kick into the wind as one of the great finals blunders.

I think what hurt them the most out of that move was not having Blicavs down back, and thus the defenders seemed a lot more unorganised when trying to defend Collingwood's entries.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Spot on. Seriously, how do you come up with the idea of combatting the league’s best ruckman with not playing a ruckman at all?? As soon as I heard this late change , my confidence levels just rose. Laughable stuff in an elite level competition. Compounding this ridiculous decision , Stanley actually played well against Grundy early in the year

When I heard the news that Stanley was a late out I thought he must've been injured and when Chris Scott explained the real reason I was gobsmacked.

Looked even more stupid when it didn't rain the whole night and Grundy was running amok.

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
It was triple stupid because it weakened our back line when Blicavs was in the ruck and diminished our forward line options when Ratugolea was rucking... truly one of the worst coaching decisions in recent memory

Speaks volumes about Scott though who thinks he is the smartest guy in the room

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Why is it stupid? It is completely valid- he took over a well oiled machine with a core group of senior players - Scarlett, Chappy, Enright, Corey, Mackie, Ling, stevie J, Kelly -who were basically on field coaches. He stepped into a club that had created it's own culture- that he has NOTHING to do with- and has slowly eroded since.

Add Malthouse hubris in rolling over in last game of the H&A season, leaving an injured Ben Reid on Hawkins and the behind the scenes coaching/Cloke contract destabilisation and it was a perfect storm for a Cats flag.

Most coaches take a few years to put their OWN stamp on THEIR team.

2011 was not HIS team- it was still BOMBERS.

What has he done since?

PS- Update- He is now at 11 finals losses

He completely changed our game plan in 2011 as it has been exposed by the Pies in 2010. And adjusted to the loss of our best player. Credit where it is due, and criticism where it is due please.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't forget: the decision to leave out Rhys Stanley (because of the rain which never came) was made by six other people. Not just Chris Scott. It's important that people understand when mistakes are made, it's not Chris Scott acting alone. As for Grundy's influence on the game, he would "have to watch the replay to be certain and the Cats won the clearances" (so Grundy probably wasn't that great anyway, blah blah blah...)

What a ungracious, petulant sook he has turned out to be. They say teams take after their coaches. It's true. A whinging sooky coach for a team of whinging sooks.

My favourite line was when he said the Cats were "in control of the game from the 14 minute mark of the 1st quarter". :D

Clown.

giphy.gif

262ede42ba0523ec4c7ed72920046ebb.jpg

Last edited:

shaqsuns

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
I thought his game plan last night was legendary. Slow the ball down and bomb it long to the Collingwood half back line.

I wish I could get my under 14s team to play like that. They just keep switching the ball to open up the play and try move the ball fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back