CHRIS SCOTT

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if the playing group had enough of Thompson in 2010, maybe they did? His relationship with GAJ had soured at least. Either way though, that team had enough quality to be good no matter who was coaching.
Plenty of * in those 3 flags

But who deserves credit for 2011?

Scott said repeatedly throughout 2011 that he was there to learn the Geelong way.

That's not to say he deserves no credit for 2011, but for the same reason why Alan Joyce is not regarded as a great coach, one must consider the context of the premiership and compare it to his subsequent efforts.

Well there was one head coach in 2011. It is debatable how much credit he deserves but to give him none (which the OP did) is not correct.

2. Despite kicking 50 goals in 2013 Chris's Scott pulls a last minute masterstroke dropping Tom Hawkins for the Qualifying Final before the game and bringing in Josh Walker instead. Reports say Chris is still evaluating the impact of this decision and that Walkers 7 touches, 2 marks and 1 point made a big contribution to the team. Geelong loose the game by 3 goals btw.

In no way do I want to defend Chris Scott, but this situation falls under the Mandela effect.

Hawkins wasn’t drop, he was injured.

In no way do I want to defend Chris Scott, but this situation falls under the Mandela effect.

Hawkins wasn’t drop, he was injured.
He was injured for 3 months and Scott said playing him would not make his injury worse despite everyone, literally everyone, telling Scott to rest him before finals. They didnt rest him until it became impossible for him to play without rest. Which was that final. They were proven wrong. There is fault with coaches and medical team for him missing that final. If rest wouldn't help then why eventually was he rested?

Last edited:
He was injured for 3 months and Scott said playing him would not make his injury worse despite everyone, literally everyone, telling Scott to rest him before finals. They didnt rest him until it became impossible for him to play without rest. Which was that final. They were proven wrong. There is fault with coaches and medical team for him missing that final. If rest wouldn't help then why eventually was he rested?

I agree with this. Just pointing out he wasn’t omitted for that Final. Playing him in round 23 with nothing on the line was confusing.

Precisely. Shhsh though. Don’t tell pies and tiges-they get upset!
Don't remember us getting upset at your home final at the MCG. But we still haven't heard the end of the incessant Geelong whinging, despite it being a neutral venue.
Apparently your president, coach and captain feel very strongly that there is no way Geelong players have the character to compete on a level playing field. They appear to be correct.

Well there was one head coach in 2011. It is debatable how much credit he deserves but to give him none (which the OP did) is not correct.
So he has gone from one head coach taking all responsibility to there are seven others that made the decision to leave Stanley out

Don't remember us getting upset at your home final at the MCG. But we still haven't heard the end of the incessant Geelong whinging, despite it being a neutral venue.
Apparently your president, coach and captain feel very strongly that there is no way Geelong players have the character to compete on a level playing field. They appear to be correct.
level playing field.. MCG neutral.. only you could come up with so much rubbish

level playing field.. MCG neutral.. only you could come up with so much rubbish
Your club will end up playing at least 8 games there this year won't they?
Geelong gets all the advantages of a Victorian club plus all the advantages of an interstate club with none of the disadvantages.

Your club will end up playing at least 8 games there this year won't they?
Geelong gets all the advantages of a Victorian club plus all the advantages of an interstate club with none of the disadvantages.
They will be playing their 6th game at the MCG tomorrow night, 4 of which have been Geelong home games forced upon them by the money hungry AFL.

You never fail to disappoint with your garbage posting though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geelong get to play 8 home games a year down there,plus another 2-3 at the MCG as a home game plus another 2-3 at the G as the away team..
ive never understood the whingeing...i dont hear Hawthorn,Melbourne,Collingwood or Richmond recently whingeing that its not fair that we play as the home team agianst these others on THEYRE home ground?
They just roll up theyre sleeves and go about it

They will be playing their 6th game at the MCG tomorrow night, 4 of which have been Geelong home games forced upon them by the money hungry AFL.

You never fail to disappoint with your garbage posting though
I agree with you that Geelong should be the only Victorian Club to play all of it's home games on it's home ground, even though it's not AFL standard. But too insist that you should be the first Victorian club that gets to play home finals on it's urban home ground just goes to show how entitled you feel. Even if you were to play all of your home games and all of your home finals at your home ground, the whinging wouldn't stop there. You'd be demanding grand finals. Then you'd complain that half of the finals seats are allocated to opposition supporters robing you of some of your home ground advantage.
No matter how many advantages your club gets, and lets face it, you already get more than anyone else, you'd never stop whinging and complaining. It's a cultural thing.

Actually I went to my son’s VAFA final on the weekend-it was played on a neutral venue. Always is.

Some times the competition is restricted with the number of grounds available so will use the best venue for finals, if that club is in the finals, they receive home ground advantage regardless of where they finish on the ladder.

Nobody trains on the G, I just feel Scotty is making a mountain out of a molehill. Hey we've made the finals, embrace it and take the best of the best on, anywhere, anytime. I just feel he is going about it all wrong.

I agree with you that Geelong should be the only Victorian Club to play all of it's home games on it's home ground, even though it's not AFL standard. But too insist that you should be the first Victorian club that gets to play home finals on it's urban home ground just goes to show how entitled you feel. Even if you were to play all of your home games and all of your home finals at your home ground, the whinging wouldn't stop there. You'd be demanding grand finals. Then you'd complain that half of the finals seats are allocated to opposition supporters robing you of some of your home ground advantage.
No matter how many advantages your club gets, and lets face it, you already get more than anyone else, you'd never stop whinging and complaining. It's a cultural thing.
lol more garbage rolling off your tongue. Why would the AFL invest money if it wasn't AFL standard? It isn't Geelong's fault that their money and success has allowed them to upgrade the stadium rather than let it fall into disrepair like the Tigers did with Punt Rd Oval, forcing the AFL's hand in moving the Tigers to an AFL quality stadium 500 meters away at the MCG. You can't blame your clubs short-comings on another club.

Some times the competition is restricted with the number of grounds available so will use the best venue for finals, if that club is in the finals, they receive home ground advantage regardless of where they finish on the ladder.

Nobody trains on the G, I just feel Scotty is making a mountain out of a molehill. Hey we've made the finals, embrace it and take the best of the best on, anywhere, anytime. I just feel he is going about it all wrong.
Yep although the media in their quest for ‘stories’, continue to bring it up with him-don’t think he raised it at all. So he has the option of ‘no comment’ or trotting out the old chestnut ‘anytime, anywhere’ ( which doesn’t actually hold as much water now the comp is so even, I might add).
Or he can support our club’s stated aim- to see if the finals system can be made a bit fairer. Scott isn’t going to shy away from a fight. So some people will call him a sook but he’s just being honest really. Mostly the people who call him a sook are followers of the big tenants of the MCG, who not surprisingly can’t see any issues with the current set up. And who do an awful lot of sooking themselves-mostly about geelong. Lol.

Yep although the media in their quest for ‘stories’, continue to bring it up with him-don’t think he raised it at all. So he has the option of ‘no comment’ or trotting out the old chestnut ‘anytime, anywhere’ ( which doesn’t actually hold as much water now the comp is so even, I might add).
Or he can support our club’s stated aim- to see if the finals system can be made a bit fairer. Scott isn’t going to shy away from a fight. So some people will call him a sook but he’s just being honest really. Mostly the people who call him a sook are followers of the big tenants of the MCG, who not surprisingly can’t see any issues with the current set up. And who do an awful lot of sooking themselves. Lol.
It's just a vocal minority of mostly Richmond supporters. I'm even seen Hawks in agreeance mostly which surprises me. What doesn't surprise me is some Richmond fans after the massive cry and letters to the AFL when they had to play Geelong at KP in 2017, massive sooks just projecting onto Chris Scott

For all those whining about Geelong getting games at the MCG as well as Skilled, it you take those 2 forced home games, they travel to the MCG 3 tines. Which is as much as the Eagles. People make out like they are there 8 times.

And really, just give them more interstate games if people are upset due to lack of travel. Geelong has a decent interstate record I am sure they won’t mind if that’s the compromise they need to make.

But who deserves credit for 2011?

Scott said repeatedly throughout 2011 that he was there to learn the Geelong way.

That's not to say he deserves no credit for 2011, but for the same reason why Alan Joyce is not regarded as a great coach, one must consider the context of the premiership and compare it to his subsequent efforts.

Well, he's certainly a crap Airline CEO.

Notice how Scott is never and has never been spoken about as a coach to be "headhunted" or to fill a vacancy the same way the likes of Roos, Lyon, Clarkson etc all are.
I get what you're saying but he's never really looked like he'd be in trouble or leaving. Clarko gets brought up because he's the best there is and he's done everything you can possibly do with the hawks so it makes more sense for him to leave for a project team.

I get what you're saying but he's never really looked like he'd be in trouble or leaving. Clarko gets brought up because he's the best there is and he's done everything you can possibly do with the hawks so it makes more sense for him to leave for a project team.

Clarko should go to Geelong for 3 years for a flag tilt. He's delusional about winning another flag at Hawthorn and with Clarko Geelong would be an actual chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back