CHRIS SCOTT

Remove this Banner Ad

And how much money did Crows and Power put into the Adelaide Oval rebuild? SFA? And the same goes for the tenants of the MCG, Perth Stadium, SCG, the Gabba etc.
That's why we whinge. The AFL tried to get us to play all our home games at the phone dome, then dangled carrots like actually getting 9 home games at KP and even home finals as it was being redeveloped. We are the only club in the AFL who has had to throw our own money at our stadium which at the time was a Geelong City Council asset (is now under the control of the KP Trust). It now holds 36,000 which is 12,500 more than GWS, 13,500 more than Gold Coast who are both guaranteed home finals.
Look at the money the AFL has thrown at those two stadiums, plus the Gabba, the SCG, Adelaide oval, and Perth stadium.
Then you look at the clubs who had to play their home games at the phone dome and were flat out making enough money through the gates to cover expenses and stadium fees. Compare that to the money that Collingwood, Richmond, Melbourne and Hawthorn make out of home games at the G and the interstate teams with their redeveloped home stadiums.
I completely agree.
Geelong is absolutely entitled to all of the money spent by all governments on any premier cricket ground in every state.
It's just not fair, and well worth whinging endlessly about. It's outrageous that little Geelong doesn't get even more leg ups and unsporting advantages than they already get. Someone needs to tell Neil Mitchell.

He’s the most condescending coach out there, listen to his press conferences win or lose and he will tell everyone why he is so much smarter than everyone else.

“And even if it was about the coach, then it's a gross misunderstanding of how a coaching group at AFL level works these days."
"It's not their fault, those people," Scott said.

"They've never been in it. Some have and it didn't work out, but even then it's moved on quite a bit from the old days when they coached."

Looking forward to the tigers wiping that grin off his face next week.

Scarlett reeks of some kind of undiagnosed mental disorder. Claims the entire Geelong team hated Maxwell because of Tom Harley comparisons? These comments wouldn’t have actually bothered footballers who had a life outside of the game.

Jimmy Bartel and Nick Maxwell are also good mates and he was literally one of their most important players during the premiership years.

Also abit of a joke that arguably one of the greatest fullbacks takes the time out to put out shots on a battler who got the most of himself. Scarlett despite achieving so much couldnt let it go and wanted to convince others to hate Maxwell just like he did.

The way I remember it from the book Scarlett was looking for payback in 2011 after Maxwell gave a fair bit of lip to the Geelong players when the 2010 PF was in the bag. The Harley comparisons were very much a secondary aspect of that dislike.

Saved his career with that win. I reckon if had've lost the jungle drums would've beat all summer and by mid next year would have been gone.

Should be a great game next week against us. Geelong always look a lot more formidable when they attack more rather than play keepings off.

That is not even the point.

Blicavs is a s**tload better defender than whoever replaced him.

Grundy is the all Australian ruck and you have to assume he will win that position. Scotts plan should have been to neutralise that somehow.

Instead he robbed the backline of maybe its best player to play ruck. The result is Geelong still lost the ruck anyway and got they beaten in the back line as well.

It is just dumb.

That's how good Blicavs is. Geelong play a team with Kennedy and Darling and Blicavs is s**t on the wing.

Saved his career with that win. I reckon if had've lost the jungle drums would've beat all summer and by mid next year would have been gone.

Should be a great game next week against us. Geelong always look a lot more formidable when they attack more rather than play keepings off.
Indeed

That’s why he copped a hell of a lot of criticism from supporters last week with the ultra cautious, ultra defensive style v Collingwood

We simply won’t beat Tigers by playing that sort of game

Chris Scott played Blicavs on the wing and it almost lost the Cats the game. Gaff had 30 and kicked 2.

Scott couldn't admit he got it wrong last week and so he doubled down.

Yeah those two moves solely lost and nearly lost the game, nothing else in those games mattered one bit

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Much more positive effort from Scott,
as a richmond supporter its clear Geelong are far more dangerous when theyre playing on and attacking,
a completely different game awaits us now
Scott has Hardwick planning overtime after that performance,thats a far more difficult side to contain
than the previous week and i have full confidence Damien is up to the challenge because it will not be easy,even without Hawkins

Geelongs contested ball advantage is a concern,it needs to be counteracted.we need to minimise the damage because that is gonna be the one
certainty,Geelong will be winning the contested ball i have no doubt..i would sit off them and make them turn it over...give them 60 more possesions
in the back half,let them play criss cross back there, who cares,it keeps our defenders rested,just dont give them the middle.
for me three reasons if richmond are gonna get over the line will be
!/ the influence shane edwards can have on the match
2/ we need our version of taylor adams to set the tone in the 1st 20 mns..he was huge for collingwood defeating geelong last week
and i think cotchin and/or graham are those players
3/Hardwicks game plan, because last year he was completely outcoached by Buckley,heres his chance to reedem himself
Good luck boys.

Last edited:
He’s the most condescending coach out there, listen to his press conferences win or lose and he will tell everyone why he is so much smarter than everyone else.

“And even if it was about the coach, then it's a gross misunderstanding of how a coaching group at AFL level works these days."
"It's not their fault, those people," Scott said.

"They've never been in it. Some have and it didn't work out, but even then it's moved on quite a bit from the old days when they coached."

Looking forward to the tigers wiping that grin off his face next week.

Richmond sook squad right on queue 👌

I disagree. Was there even a whiff that the board were going to turf him? Don’t hear a peep from them unlike Essendon, Crows etc etc. not a rumour, nothing.

Geelong don’t sack coaches. Haven’t done it for thirty years. They will just rejig the assistants and other staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I remember it from the book Scarlett was looking for payback in 2011 after Maxwell gave a fair bit of lip to the Geelong players when the 2010 PF was in the bag. The Harley comparisons were very much a secondary aspect of that dislike.
Yet Scarlett preaches the “what happens on the field stays on the field” mentality, yet years later couldnt help himself to mention it in the book of his career.

To me it seems like Scarlett coudn’t handle being on the receiving end of a sledge that came from a footballer who wasnt as good as he was.

impressive effort last night.

Although Danger's last quarter and Selwood's game (along with gifted goal at start of last to hawkins) got them ove rthe line.

Should be a cracker next week- interesting as Tigers tend to destroy teams that move fast if they are a fraction off, but can be done over by a chip kick mark game.
Be interesting to see which way Scott goes.

Yet Scarlett preaches the “what happens on the field stays on the field” mentality, yet years later couldnt help himself to mention it in the book of his career.

To me it seems like Scarlett coudn’t handle being on the receiving end of a sledge that came from a footballer who wasnt as good as he was.

Well yeah, I suppose if you subscribe to "what happens on the field..." you probably shouldn't do an autobiography in the first place.

Similar to Chapman's I found Scarlett's to be pretty boring honestly. Didn't expect them to pull any punches, but they were quite time and unmemorable. He certainly left some things unsaid, e.g. Justin Murphy didn't get a mention.

Another reason why I call bullshit on Scott being in trouble career wise are the players. With the exception of Kelly for obvious reasons, has there even been a sniff of anyone just wanting to leave? There are whisperings constantly about Freo, Adelaide, Port; clubs that have (or had) coaches under huge scrutiny. Just look at the Trade board; there’s barely any Geelong players there. Geelong is as stable and consistent as they come.

All in all, the idea that Scott saved his career against the Eagles is just a bullshit narrative made by BigFooty with no evidence whatsoever.

I don't know why Scott continues to say disrespectful comments like Richmond are not as good as last year.

Those sort of mind game tactics never usually work.

Because if Richmond lose and believe what Scott says it will end their era. Scott wants to be the reason for things, a whole off season of doubt in Richmond players heads and a bad start to next season is all Scott needs to psychologically end them.

I don't know why Scott continues to say disrespectful comments like Richmond are not as good as last year.

On the one hand, his comments in context aren't that bad (surprise, surprise). The last four games have gone Richmond by about 10 goals, Richmond by three goals, Richmond by three points and then Geelong by about 11 goals this year. Why wouldn't a Geelong person think that Richmond aren't as good this year as last year? I suppose it gets back to the usual: everyone complains about players being robots, then they complain again when a player goes off script and speaks his mind. Do you want the usual cliches, or do you want some sort of insight into how a club is looking at the game?

On the other hand... ffs Scotty. Egg on face potential is extreme.

I think his comments are more directed at his own players trying to make them believe that the tigers aren’t that great and can be beaten. Of course on the flip side the opposition also hears these comments and puts them in the back of their mind. Silly thing to say but that’s just the norm for Chris Scott these days isn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back