Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part II [NEW POLL ADDED]

For how long will Chris Scott be Geelong coach?

• For as long as he wants the job

• 5+ more years

• Somewhere between 2020 and 2022 (i.e. beyond his current contract)

• He will be sacked/resign in 2019

• He will be sacked/resign in 2018

• The Nuclear Option: sacked/resign in 2017

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlightysCats

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Phil Opiontube Phillies
Mod note: placeholder for Part II

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued from Part 1 here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/chris-scotts-coaching-part-1-closed-see-part-ii.1093713/

We have been asked to close threads above 10,000 posts and reopen a new part for them for stability reasons. So here is Part II.

Remember, this is an issue on which there is a diversity of opinions, which is great. No opinion is right or wrong. No opinion is off-limits. No opinion is off-limits from being criticised for it being outrageous or lacking substance.

However, stick to the topic. Remember the BigFooty rules when posting here. If you have a problem with a poster being personal/attacking you, report it, don't engage further on it.

Please keep all the Scott discussion in this thread.

Fire away...

Makes complete sense. I'll simplyfy it for you.

I want us to win a flag/s but we won't do it with Scott so we need a circut breaker to move Scott on, so no matter what that is I think it'll be good for us, the sooner the better.

However if I'm wrong then Scott wins us another flag and I'd obviously be happy to be wrong in that case.

Personal presumption presented as fact.

Again. :rolleyes:

And looking for chomps with it.

More trolly trolly.

Go Catters

Reserved for "I told you so" post after we win the flag this year.

I was challenged on my opinion, everybody knows it's just my opinion and I enjoy presenting it that way. I also presumed that if I was wrong Scott would be winning a flag so at least both sides of this hypothetical scenario are presented in a similar way...

I was challenged on my opinion, everybody knows it's just my opinion and I enjoy presenting it that way. I also presumed that if I was wrong Scott would be winning a flag so at least both sides of this hypothetical scenario are presented in a similar way...

Is it binary?

Falters this September and HP mk II will grin like a Cheshire cat at our failure.
I won't be happy with our potential failure unless it results in Scott being moved on, a failure I'd only accept for one reason that being I believe it will help us become more successful, otherwise it would just be failure for nothing which would be depressing and frustrating in the extreme.

You see as much as you despise me we both want the same thing, the GFC to be successful, but we both have completely different views on how that will happen.

Posting purely to be first :D
Well this hardly seems fair

At the time i posted this it was clearly the first post in the thread and my joke worked :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Willo_

I had my Sadie the cleaning lady costume on and in doing so FUBARED CE's thread and your post position.

Its kinda fixed but yes you missed your pole position.

Still, you'll be on PG 1 of the next 100000 post thread here.

Go Catters

Sorry Willo_

I had my Sadie the cleaning lady costume on and in doing so FUBARED CE's thread and your post position.

Its kinda fixed but yes you missed your pole position.

Still, you'll be on PG 1 of the next 100000 post thread here.

Go Catters
It will probably still hold up as one of the more accurate and insightful posts here as well :thumbsu:

How many flags would Scott have to coach before these threads stop? Legitimate question
It's only an opinion thread, so while the thread would keep going if Scott won more flags you'd have to imagine the opinion of Scott on here would be incredibly positive. No need for the thread to stop but it'd probably change its tone.

Doesn't matter anyway as he won't win any more flags for us.

It's only an opinion thread, so while the thread would keep going if Scott won more flags you'd have to imagine the opinion of Scott on here would be incredibly positive. No need for the thread to stop but it'd probably change its tone.

Doesn't matter anyway as he won't win any more flags for us.
It works out well for all the people that will want to bump this post, should we snatch it this year that it is on page 1 :D

Again. :rolleyes:

And looking for chomps with it.

More trolly trolly.

Go Catters

278401_626781455a96531292ab5f4f8e9de1ec_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• chomppng.jpg
    chomppng.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 89
If he is able to win one more flag that makes him a dual premiership coach. The same as Thompson and the teams Thompson had were much better teams.

If he is able to win one more flag that makes him a dual premiership coach. The same as Thompson and the teams Thompson had were much better teams.
If he wins one with this team, which is undoubtedly his team.. he deserves respect for not only winning but building this team as well.

But some still wouldn't give it to him claiming it was other players that someone else developed that did the work for him
#bigfootylogic

If he wins one with this team, which is undoubtedly his team.. he deserves respect for not only winning but building this team as well.

But some still wouldn't give it to him claiming it was other players that someone else developed that did the work for him
#bigfootylogic
Don't forget Master coach Simon Lloyd pulling the strings

The information ChookNorris conveyed is really in keeping with commonly espoused perceptions of the club more broadly. Geelong has a very talented list that it has sold the farm for, but it's not performing like a good team. Look at the game last week as an example. Looking at the composition of the teams, there's no way Richmond should have outplayed Geelong so comprehensively for three quarters, yet they did. Once Geelong did start firing, the discrepancy in the capabilities of individuals became clear and was too much for Richmond to overcome, but Geelong should never have been in a position where it required three quarters to figure out how to win. After the game, Alex Rance reiterated a similar sentiment - said he believed Geelong is the most talented side in the comp, with champions on every line, but they're not the best team in the comp. So why is that? Whose job is it to get the best out of the talent on the list?

I won't be happy with our potential failure unless it results in Scott being moved on, a failure I'd only accept for one reason that being I believe it will help us become more successful, otherwise it would just be failure for nothing which would be depressing and frustrating in the extreme.

You see as much as you despise me we both want the same thing, the GFC to be successful, but we both have completely different views on how that will happen.
When was the last time cats sacked a coach? Legitimate question, can't recall in my time following the side, I don't think we are that type of the club that does that sort of thing especially to a coach who has had success and frequent finals appearnces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back