Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part II [NEW POLL ADDED]

For how long will Chris Scott be Geelong coach?

• For as long as he wants the job

• 5+ more years

• Somewhere between 2020 and 2022 (i.e. beyond his current contract)

• He will be sacked/resign in 2019

• He will be sacked/resign in 2018

• The Nuclear Option: sacked/resign in 2017

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are absolutely certain the 'next' coach will lead us to the promised land? Dangerous words when put together those two.
Well to use a Rumsfeldism there are known knowns and known unknowns - Scott not getting us a flag IMO is a known known, our next coach getting us a flag is a known unknown. I'd rather not be certain of success with the possibility of it under a new coach than the tiresome certainty we won't be there with Scott again.

What point are you making, exactly? That the 2007 side was different from the 2016 one? Yes, I agree. They were indeed not the same.
Yep, brilliant but can you be more specific and work out exactly how they were 'not the same"? And then see if you can draw any inferences from those differences.

Yep, brilliant but can you be more specific and work out exactly how they were 'not the same"? And then see if you can draw any inferences from those differences.
They didn't have as many softc**ks in the side for a start ....

Edit : Actually, I'll change that to maybe a few more 'hard nuts' than the present bunch ;)

Last edited:

Well to use a Rumsfeldism there are known knowns and known unknowns - Scott not getting us a flag IMO is a known known, our next coach getting us a flag is a known unknown. I'd rather not be certain of success with the possibility of it under a new coach than the tiresome certainty we won't be there with Scott again.

Blighty do yourself a favour and leave it to Brian Cook to decide if Scott can take lead us to another premiership .

Brian Cook is the most respected club CEO in the AFL . You are just a poster on bigfooty .

It might shock some people but bigfooty is not a place for intelligent and reasoned conversations , its a place for opinionated people who have never been involved internally with an AFL club and have some delusional belief that they are football experts .

If Cook says Scott can coach and anyone has a different view , than they are wrong . Cook knows better than any poster on bigfooty.

For an opinion, yes.

Posters on the Geelong board need to stop this self delusion that they are football experts with valued opinions.

If Cook said Scott cant coach than I would accept that , but he didn't .

Cook rates Scott highly , end of story so if any poster has a different view they need to change it .

Most of Geelong's players are poor finals players.

He'd probably perform a lot better in finals under a competent coach.

Well Cook thinks he is a good coach , who is right the most respected Club CEO in the AFL or a poster on bigfooty ?

ahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha you guys are so delusional

Well Cook thinks he is a good coach , who is right the most respected Club CEO in the AFL or a poster on bigfooty ?

ahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha you guys are so delusional
He moved on to Cookie now...

Wow. This will be good.

GO Catters

We do need to see some improvement this year from our second to fifth year players, overall i think Scotty is a good coach but not an outstanding one, he is still seemingly beholdent to certain players ( eg motlop ) which is a concern, but on the flip side he seems to relate to whats its like being a player far better then bomber did... Have heard Danger, Selsy, Hawkins and Boris mention this at different times. I think overall though we should wait until half way through next year to make a decision, but seemingly cooky and the board will have extended him by then so we have to trust their judgement.

He moved on to Cookie now...

Wow. This will be good.

GO Catters

I noticed both Cook and Wells are copping some abuse now .

This is all despite finishing 3rd when almost every poster on this board said at the start of the year making a prelim would be success .

We do need to see some improvement this year from our second to fifth year players, overall i think Scotty is a good coach but not an outstanding one, he is still seemingly beholdent to certain players ( eg motlop ) which is a concern, but on the flip side he seems to relate to whats its like being a player far better then bomber did... Have heard Danger, Selsy, Hawkins and Boris mention this at different times. I think overall though we should wait until half way through next year to make a decision, but seemingly cooky and the board will have extended him by then so we have to trust their judgement.

Results a side , which by the way have been better than 95% of our supporters would of expected , I do not understand how Scott could have so many smart football people fooled .

Cook,Hocking,Wells,Balme,Carter and Costa . Plus we have a number of really smart recently retired senior players who would be able to tell if Scott is no good .

I noticed both Cook and Wells are copping some abuse now .

This is all despite finishing 3rd when almost every poster on this board said at the start of the year making a prelim would be success .
Mother Theresa, Ghandi and John Lennon are next.

GO Catters

Mother Theresa, Ghandi and John Lennon are next.

GO Catters

Some people are just professional whingers , they love nothing more than to complain about how bad things are in any situation .

Sad thing is the are just making themselves miserable .

I am so excited about 2017 , I want all other Geelong posters to feel the same way.

Some people are just professional whingers , they love nothing more than to complain about how bad things are in any situation .

Sad thing is the are just making themselves miserable .

I am so excited about 2017 , I want all other Geelong posters to feel the same way.
Im excited about 2017 however I dont need all GFC fans to feel the same way. I dont mind the varied viewpoints.

The excessive bleating on the other hand and derailing threads.... totally different beast...

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blighty do yourself a favour and leave it to Brian Cook to decide if Scott can take lead us to another premiership .

Brian Cook is the most respected club CEO in the AFL . You are just a poster on bigfooty .

It might shock some people but bigfooty is not a place for intelligent and reasoned conversations , its a place for opinionated people who have never been involved internally with an AFL club and have some delusional belief that they are football experts .

If Cook says Scott can coach and anyone has a different view , than they are wrong . Cook knows better than any poster on bigfooty.
Is Cook really the most respected , perhaps one of. Never managed to get the top job at the AFL.

Why do you keep posting then?

Getting rid of Johnson was a smart call by Scott. I myself rated Johnson as possibly top 5-10 in the AFL. I'm glad Scott realized he lacks defensive pressure and decided to go with Kersten instead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back