Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part II [NEW POLL ADDED]

For how long will Chris Scott be Geelong coach?

• For as long as he wants the job

• 5+ more years

• Somewhere between 2020 and 2022 (i.e. beyond his current contract)

• He will be sacked/resign in 2019

• He will be sacked/resign in 2018

• The Nuclear Option: sacked/resign in 2017

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Plenty of enjoyment can still be taken in down years
My earlier memories as a member were in years we missed finals. Didn't dampen my enjoyment of football at all. Healthy attitude to have imo.
Yes, normal balanced people who have perspective on life would see this and agree.

BC on the other hand constantly criticises this idea as being a supporter that is happy with losing.

It's two completely separate things, but he cannot understand this, almost as if he has no comprehension of how sports teams operate, and how people can appreciate their team no matter what.

This behaviour and logic is completely irrational, and he uses regular misdirection and straw man arguments to constantly badger other supporters to come to illogical conclusions.

'I like Chris Scott' = you're happy with mediocrity

'I believe the Cats will contend this year' = you're completely crazy

'we have a pretty good team' = we should have drafted first round players over the last five years to guarantee an opportunity to contend in 5 years

And The Bulldogs last year, and Hawthorn in 2008. It worked for us and it will work again done properly for us, however the current strategy has not worked for us at all and it's just so, so, painfully obvious that it will continue not to. I honestly don't understand how you can't see that?!?
Quoting Haw 2008 is quite bizarre. You love Bomber as a coach, that is clearly a GF we should have won, and he had to have been in some way responsible for losing the GF in a season where we had only lost 1 game.

There are plenty of Hawthorn supporters who DON'T walk around with a sense of entitlement,
It's not a sense of entitlement it's about having a plan and discernable light at the end of the tunnel. I loved Bombers early years watching the kids develop knowing we wouldn't get close to a flag in those particular seasons because we were on a wider journey to a time when we could genuinely get one, at the moment we're on a journey like bloody 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' driving on acid through the desert with no idea where we're going or what the hell is even going on, except it's way less fun than bat country.

There's nothing of any substance to look forward to until Scott goes, until then we're going to float around aimlessly losing finals with no hope of a flag.
Well, no, 'we' are not going to float around aimlessly. You are.

Another black and white statement that is meaningless. It's just your state of mind that you're commenting on. And this has no relevance to the performance of the team.

Yes, normal balanced people who have perspective on life would see this and agree.

BC on the other hand constantly criticises this idea as being a supporter that is happy with losing.

It's two completely separate things, but he cannot understand this, almost as if he has no comprehension of how sports teams operate, and how people can appreciate their team no matter what.

This behaviour and logic is completely irrational, and he uses regular misdirection and straw man arguments to constantly badger other supporters to come to illogical conclusions.

'I like Chris Scott' = you're happy with mediocrity

'I believe the Cats will contend this year' = you're completely crazy

'we have a pretty good team' = we should have drafted first round players over the last five years to guarantee an opportunity to contend in 5 years
Ignore works well Vic. I no longer feel frustrated as a result.

It's not a sense of entitlement it's about having a plan and discernable light at the end of the tunnel. I loved Bombers early years watching the kids develop knowing we wouldn't get close to a flag in those particular seasons because we were on a wider journey to a time when we could genuinely get one, at the moment we're on a journey like bloody 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' driving on acid through the desert with no idea where we're going or what the hell is even going on, except it's way less fun than bat country.
Yet, here we are continually contending, skipping that period of uncertainty, and yet you are not enjoying it?

That's weird. At the start of 2016 did anyone predict the dogs winning a premiership? No. But they put themselves in contention. Just like the Cats do year in year out. We're every chance to win a premiership this year.

That might be your journey- I doubt Danger, Hendo, Smith, Stanley, Scooter, Menegola, Tuohey share your dread. They have come to the Promised Land at Geelong for a reason.
If it is that painful for you, why not have time out, have a gap year, get some balance.
But seriously, it is not all that gloomy, is it?

Ignore works well Vic. I no longer feel frustrated as a result.
I note that after I punched holes in BC last year he put me on ignore. I expect I'm still ignored because he doesn't like people who can dismantle his arguments easily.

I did the same, just to not read empty fortune cookie reiterations of the same old same old. In the spirit of this new board mantra, I thought I'd give him another chance, but I guess I was wrong.

That might be your journey- I doubt Danger, Hendo, Smith, Stanley, Scooter, Menegola, Tuohey share your dread. They have come to the Promised Land at Geelong for a reason.
If it is that painful for you, why not have time out, have a gap year, get some balance.
But seriously, it is not all that gloomy, is it?
It's very gloomy, we'll waste another season and the best draft in a decade just to lose our first and only final when we're meant to be challenging seriously for the flag. I don't know how you can find anything redeeming in that.

And hating on your club to the point you can't accept positives puts you in a special category of your own
You haven't read the list of positives I posted on this thread? Or as usual you refuse to acknowledge that post because it doesn't suit your hate filled narrative.

It's very gloomy, we'll waste another season and the best draft in a decade just to lose our first and only final when we're meant to be challenging seriously for the flag. I don't know how you can find anything redeeming in that.
Well Nostradamus, please tell us the team we lost to, the scores, and did we lose any players to injuries this year?
And, which games were worth watching? Any at all?
And did CS get his extension?
And did Black score 30+ goals?
Did Gregson make a comeback?
How did our recruits go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you constantly ignore the large number of draftees taken into the club in the past two drafts? Is it disdain for the current administration, disdain for low picks or something else entirely? We have a big crop of kids being brought through our systems and being taught by our development coaches. Is it that you think we could only get anywhere with the Hugh McLuggage's and Andrew McGraths of this world?
It's because we keep giving away our top picks for mature age recruits deluding ourselves that we're anywhere near a Premiership when all we are doing is setting up our club to be a dismal failure in 2/3 years time with nothing to show for it having completely destroyed our club culture by constantly bringing in mercenaries. 2017 is a draft we have to get high picks in to start the rebuild we so desperately need.

Don't know why Geelong's cap seems to be so perpetually strained, then.
Harry met Shelly, they have a family, and we are paying lots to keep them in Victoria.

Actually, I don't know if we are that stretched, once the last of our 30plus players leave this year.

Yeah, because I'm Stewie Griffin and can jump in a time machine whenever the f*** I feel like it, so in the last hour I deliberately went back to the start of each of those seasons, so I could be disappointed about something that happened when I was still in high school.
You don't understand the point do you champ? You said I have a losers mentality well so did Cook, Costa, Thompson, Balm etc. going by your definition.:D:D:D

As well as wanting to be close to family (Dangerfield, Selwood), having a greater chance of being best 22 at Geelong (Smith, Selwood), and being willing to take any AFL contract on offer (Menegola).
Nicely put.

Don't know why Geelong's cap seems to be so perpetually strained, then.
You are aware you have to spend 95% right, so in a 10m cap (hypothetical) you have to spend 9.5m. Biggest hindrance on equalisation imo as the Lions squad is apparently not that far off the premiers, on merit alone it probably should be 2-3m less at least right at the minute.

9.5% cap and a some recent recruits and no wonder our cap is closer to 100% than it is 95%.

I predicted before the start of 2007 Geelong would dominate the AFL for the next 5 years and I was right .

Geelong will contend for a premiership over the next 5 years , we will not be as good as we were in 07-11 but we will compete and win at least 1 premiership.

In fact you add a more mature cockatoo and Lang , more speed in our back 6 and more cohesive midfield to last year we win the premiership .

How good is this forward 6 ?

Menzel Hawkins Mcarthy
Motlop Taylor Cockatoo

How good is this midfield ?

Smith Selwood Dangerfield
Guthrie Menegola Duncan

How good is this back 6 ?

Bews Lonegan Kolo
Tuohy Henderson Thurlow

This is a top 4 and potential premiership side .
Ha, ha, oh man you're a laugh.

Can you believe that Geelong traded pick 21 for Stanley and traded Caddy for pick 24?

The mind boggles.
Easily.
Maybe I have no idea, but I rate Stanley, even though he is iffy. Who was #21?
And I have never been a huge Caddy fan- plus he wanted out.

saves some people from highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back