Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part II [NEW POLL ADDED]

For how long will Chris Scott be Geelong coach?

• For as long as he wants the job

• 5+ more years

• Somewhere between 2020 and 2022 (i.e. beyond his current contract)

• He will be sacked/resign in 2019

• He will be sacked/resign in 2018

• The Nuclear Option: sacked/resign in 2017

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about my own opinion on scott and how the team is going.

From about 2003 I started to think we were a premiership team in waiting and rated our chances in absolutely any game and felt robbed whenever we lost. I defended the club avidly against anyone who questioned them. I had so much faith in what we were doing and I agreed with the decisions being made. There was a part of me that felt vindicated when we became so successful.

About half way through 2010 I was ready for bomber to leave and was glad when he did. Throughout 2011 I was very happy with Scotts decision making, he played the right kids at the right time and made tough calls on senior players. I'm not sure we would've won the flag with a different coach that year.

Since 2011 I just haven't agreed with a lot of our decision making. I know the script goes that if you are up for a while you must come down and the fact we haven't would suggest a great job is being done but I just don't think it is.

I am a passionate fan and I love the GFC and I don't like being negative but I just don't have confidence in Scott, MC and possibly list management since 2011. All of this is purely personal opinion but once I agreed with so much of our decision making but now I frequently find myself with a different view to the clubs.

I may be tainted by a period of success, I'm not sure.

I go into every game with hope and I do believe we are some chance this year but I think the hope I have clouds my honest judgement. When we lost in the past I felt cheated, now when we lose I usually think "well that about sums up we're we are at."

I often get negative feedback when I post something in contrast to the clubs position and TBH I think it's great, I love passionate and positive Geelong supporters. The club would not survive without you. I share your passion and hope so bloody much that you are right. I often entertain the idea that we will win the flag this year but once upon a time my head and my heart were alligned in their belief but unfortunately at current, they are constantly disputing.

I sometimes post negatively about our clubs decisions and will continue to do so when I disagree but I do love the club and I always hope that we succeed.

To quote dazbroncos "Go Cats".

Here again to say I told you so.

Nakers doing the 'Told you so' dance

tumblr_md6aq5UCfB1rxkkjxo1_r1_500.gif

From about 2003 I started to think we were a premiership team in waiting and rated our chances in absolutely any game and felt robbed whenever we lost. I defended the club avidly against anyone who questioned them. I had so much faith in what we were doing and I agreed with the decisions being made. There was a part of me that felt vindicated when we became so successful.

About half way through 2010 I was ready for bomber to leave and was glad when he did. Throughout 2011 I was very happy with Scotts decision making, he played the right kids at the right time and made tough calls on senior players. I'm not sure we would've won the flag with a different coach that year.

Since 2011 I just haven't agreed with a lot of our decision making. I know the script goes that if you are up for a while you must come down and the fact we haven't would suggest a great job is being done but I just don't think it is.

I am a passionate fan and I love the GFC and I don't like being negative but I just don't have confidence in Scott, MC and possibly list management since 2011. All of this is purely personal opinion but once I agreed with so much of our decision making but now I frequently find myself with a different view to the clubs.

I go into every game with hope and I do believe we are some chance this year but I think the hope I have clouds my honest judgement. When we lost in the past I felt cheated, now when we lose I usually think "well that about sums up we're we are at."

I often get negative feedback when I post something in contrast to the clubs position and TBH I think it's great, I love passionate and positive Geelong supporters. The club would not survive without you. I share your passion and hope so bloody much that you are right. I often entertain the idea that we will win the flag this year but once upon a time my head and my heart were alligned in their belief but unfortunately at current, they are constantly disputing.

I sometimes post negatively about our clubs decisions and will continue to do so when I disagree but I do love the club and I always hope that we succeed.

Best post in these threads

Lock it up, this won't be topped

Good post. The most frustrating thing for me is that I know we are capable. The team is capable of winning the flag if they play their best. We have all seen how good they can be. They just aren't consistant for God knows whatever reason.

Pyke's a first year coach and seems to be doing alright, really whether a coach is sacked or not doesn't matter the real issue is do new coaches have an immediate impact? And on recent evidence it's hard to argue that they don't have a major impact on teams from the very start.

I will repeat no side in the AFL over the last 10 years has sacked a coach and gone on to win a premiership .

I'm not against Scott but *** that is bullshit. Look at the club when Bomber came in compared to when Scott came in.
Also did you forget Colbert, our captain and best young player.
*** me the club was broke and we were going to get moved to the Telstra Dome.
He had better picks than Scott but not in the league of Hawks, Dees etc.
We weren't a destination club like we are now.
Are you even old enough to remember those times? If not why speak s**t.
Anyway I'm gonna try not to post on thread anymore.

Thompson was very lucky coach in 3 ways .

1.He came to Geelong at a time when Wells was about to recruit so many talented young players that lots of coaches could of used to develop a premiership side .

2.He also came to Geelong when we had so many talented people of the field such as Costa,Cook,Wells,Mcarthy and latter on Hinckley,Balme and Hocking. Most coaches could only dream of working with a team of people like this off the field.

3.He was given plenty of time to develop a side , more than most coaches.

Good post. The most frustrating thing for me is that I know we are capable. The team is capable of winning the flag if they play their best. We have all seen how good they can be. They just aren't consistant for God knows whatever reason.
I know the reason, been saying it for 18 months now. ;)

I will repeat no side in the AFL over the last 10 years has sacked a coach and gone on to win a premiership .
What an arbitrary ridiculous argument though, no. 1 it's because two teams have won 7 of those premierships in the last decade, and no. 2 it's because only teams that have finished down the ladder have sacked their coaches in the last decade.

What we should be focusing on is how can new coaches have a positive impact on their team, we have Pyke who despite losing Dangerfield has guided his team in his first season as coach to the top 2 and above the GFC (quite embarrassing for Dr Gero and others who took delight in going over to the Crows board and labelling them a feeder club), we have Beveridge who came in last season and immediately took the Doggies to the finals and this season despite a huge amount of injuries is continuing to build on that, Simpson who in just his second year took West Coast to a Grand Final, and of course Scott back in 2011 (too bad about what happened since).....So if we got a new coach we'd also have good reason to think we could dramatically improve and start winning finals and Grand Finals again.

What an arbitrary ridiculous argument though, no. 1 it's because two teams have won 7 of those premierships in the last decade, and no. 2 it's because only teams that have finished down the ladder have sacked their coaches in the last decade.

What we should be focusing on is how can new coaches have a positive impact on their team, we have Pyke who despite losing Dangerfield has guided his team in his first season as coach to the top 2 and above the GFC (quite embarrassing for Dr Gero and others who took delight in going over to the Crows board and labelling them a feeder club), we have Beveridge who came in last season and immediately took the Doggies to the finals and this season despite a huge amount of injuries is continuing to build on that, Simpson who in just his second year took West Coast to a Grand Final, and of course Scott back in 2011 (too bad about what happened since).....So if we got a new coach we'd also have good reason to think we could dramatically improve and start winning finals and Grand Finals again.

Something you know PLENTY about.

Your lifeblood.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something you know PLENTY about.

Your lifeblood.

GO Catters
Wanting to change the coach to gain success is an arbitrary argument to you? Success for the GFC is a pretty important debate/argument to me...

Anyway see you after we just scrape by Brisbane today under the guidance of your one true Prophet.

Wanting to change the coach to gain success is an arbitrary argument to you? Success for the GFC is a pretty important debate/argument to me...

Anyway see you after we just scrape by Brisbane today under the guidance of your one true Prophet.

15 wins heading for 16. Maybe 17 and a top 4 spot.

Id call that success.

Oh thats right. You're the bloke that says regular season means nothing - although Ive yet to see a team without a successful one make the 8.

Back to your room till after the game.

Go Catters

You're the bloke that says regular season means nothing
Means nothing if you don't capitalise on it in finals. I'd rather not make top 4 and win finals than make top 4 and lose finals, I'd also rather make top 4 and win finals as well, in fact I'd just like to make finals and win finals.

Just a thought. Wasn't the recruiting of 2015 to get us back to being competitive in 2016? Pretty much stitched up a top 4 spot so 2016 is a pass from the club I guess. (Ps, if we play GWS in week 2 of finals and SJ kicks a bag for GWS to win, it's still a pass, but the irony......... Oh the irony).

Id call that success.

Oh thats right. You're the bloke that says regular season means nothing - although Ive yet to see a team without a successful one make the 8.

Go Catters

You and I have different interpretations of success then.

Id call that success.

Go Catters
You and I have different interpretations of success then.
Means nothing if you don't capitalise on it in finals. I'd rather not make top 4 and win finals than make top 4 and lose finals, I'd also rather make top 4 and win finals as well, in fact I'd just like to make finals and win finals.

Biggy and Blighty if you want focus on success and winning all that matters than Scott is the coach for you .

Scott is 1 of only 5 current premiership coaches ,premierships are all that matter .
230353-chris-scott.jpg

Yummm I love this tasty Chris Scott coaching. It's just so delicious!

This is 5 Michelin star stuff by Scott, just the best chef in the world with his tasty coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back