Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - PART III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I am just saying that is a soft excuse. List management is something that clearly is not in Scott's control, but impacts his ability to win premierships and prove to everybody that he is a top coach. It deserves to be in the conversation and until the mods tell me otherwise, I think it is entirely relevant.
Ok. Yeah I never blamed CS for that. I realise he isn't the list manager.

He didn't drop a defender. Lonergan got food poisoning. The only way that isn't clutching at straws is if Scott gave him the dodgy sausage roll.

P.S. Tall defence isn't the issue. It simply isn't. Every time we lose a big game it is the midfield getting obliterated, we'd have been 8-10 goals down at HT in the QF if it wasn't for that tall defence keeping us in it.
I have had the tall defence argument many a time with you Gero. We both know we ain't gonna agree.
But you do realise we didn't kick a goal till nearly 1/2 time that game yeah.
I might be wrong but aren't most scores generated from defensive 50.
But anyway,
The Lonegan thing. Yeah I believe he could of played if really needed. There was like 3 different stories that day of what happened.
Call it clutching at straws but I think he could of played.

He didn't drop a defender. Lonergan got food poisoning. The only way that isn't clutching at straws is if Scott gave him the dodgy sausage roll.

P.S. Tall defence isn't the issue. It simply isn't. Every time we lose a big game it is the midfield getting obliterated, we'd have been 8-10 goals down at HT in the QF if it wasn't for that tall defence keeping us in it.
Also i was one of the very few who tipped us in the Rich KP game.
The reason was cause of our tall defence.
I will always back our defence in there and back us to win even if our mids get smashed.
But the reason I back our defence in at KP is the exact reason why I won't back them in at the G.

Not the way it goes though. I copped s**t for thinking we'd lose against Richmond and then tipping us against the Swans.
The reason I tipped us against Sydney is I knew Scott would finally be under decent heat and do the right thing by the team.
Guess what? Finally drops a tall defender.
Next week heat is off back to the same s**t.
Also personally never a fan of Menegola and have always said it. When he plays a couple of solid games when the rest of the team is down happy to change my tune.
But after such things you have to listen to s**t like "tall defence isn't an issue" or "nothing wrong with Menegolas kicking he was good at KP."
It's frustrating both sides of the fence.
It's just as easy to not stick your neck out and say everyone's awesome to get likes then if they're not just make a bunch of excuses.

That's true actually it is a fine line. At the end of the day we are merely spectators, probably a good thing actually because overall we probably get it wrong more times than right.

That's true actually it is a fine line. At the end of the day we are merely spectators, probably a good thing actually because overall we probably get it wrong more times than right.
Yeah I gotta admit I'm more wrong than right.
So f**k it I'm gonna have brag if I actually get one right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol and look at the 3 special cases that liked this post. I imagine they have the same understanding of basketball as you do. I see Biggy is back from his 3 week ban, good for you mate.

I believe Doctor Gero's point is people's opinions on here generally change week to week depending on whether we win or lose. It's all perspective. Case in point was when we lost to Richmond and every player on the list was useless. Menegola, who the previous game had been deemed a star was now a VFL player. Fast forward to beating Sydney he's a star again and then back to being a VFL player after losing to Adelaide. No one cops this more than Chris Scott. And admittedly you cynical ones do stick to your beliefs mostly.

Truth is though it doesn't take some genius to point out a teams faults. Every team has them and if spun the right way can make said team sound horrible. Premierships are bloody hard to win and its certainly easier to say a team is s**t and when they lose say "I told you so" than it is to stick your neck out and back a team to win the flag and they do it.

No idea about the importance of "likes" on this board, I certainly didn't ask them to like my comment.

I agree with you, I just thought the Chicago Bulls analogy was bizarre and the follow up Dangerfield comment more apt. Lebron/Cavaliers would have been a more apt description about overrated/great, even then maybe not. But like everything, this thread is the same people arguing/trading barbs with neither remotely going to change the mind of the other.

I assume the rest is directed at the 3 special cases as I have not stated an opinion either way.

Off topic, but did you enjoy the Nature Boy 30 for 30?

Whilst I'm flattered Darren has moved out of his cave for me,

Hahahaha...NBA season, too busy checking scores and getting some sun to be on BF.

there's not a man who's opinion I value less on this board.

Yet you send unsolicited troll PM's to this person and have used an alt account to report them. The hilarity.

No idea about the importance of "likes" on this board, I certainly didn't ask them to like my comment.

I agree with you, I just thought the Chicago Bulls analogy was bizarre and the follow up Dangerfield comment more apt. Lebron/Cavaliers would have been a more apt description about overrated/great, even then maybe not. But like everything, this thread is the same people arguing/trading barbs with neither remotely going to change the mind of the other.

I assume the rest is directed at the 3 special cases as I have not stated an opinion either way.

Off topic, but did you enjoy the Nature Boy 30 for 30?
I thought it was amazing. It really could have gone for 3 hours plus covering his life but I understand they had to restrict it to half that. Pretty sad story in the end though.

I thought it was amazing. It really could have gone for 3 hours plus covering his life but I understand they had to restrict it to half that. Pretty sad story in the end though.

It’s an interesting world. So many of them have ended up broken people. Addictions, no money, life threatening injuries (it’s fake mind you).

Some very funny stories about “the business” on you tube.

It’s an interesting world. So many of them have ended up broken people. Addictions, no money, life threatening injuries (it’s fake mind you).

Some very funny stories about “the business” on you tube.
Oh mate, I could listen for days to the stories they tell on podcasts.

Oh mate, I could listen for days to the stories they tell on podcasts.

I’ve read a few books on flights to pass the time. Ric Flair’s was very good. I liked Mick Foley’s 2nd one and Bret Hart’s was good although he’s one bitter man.

Back on track. I hate/love Chris Scott.

I’ve read a few books on flights to pass the time. Ric Flair’s was very good. I liked Mick Foley’s 2nd one and Bret Hart’s was good although he’s one bitter man.

Back on track. I hate/love Chris Scott.

I thought Foley's first book was better, although I did enjoy his essay in the 2nd where he tore the PTC a new one.

Yet another coaching achievement to the great Scott. What a coach!;)

MSTQHTd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back