Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - PART III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies won't be there abouts in September, if you are hanging your hat on this result then good luck if another Richmond QF result happens to us again.
Last I saw it was a critical game that could have seen us end up tenth, against a team that was on equal win/loss, with a number of key players missing from our side. Plus where did Daz mention anything about finals. Lighten up mate and give the team and the coaches some credit.

Shhh dude - Scott had the best H&A record going around. Will be remembered for generations all those top 4 finishes. I'll tell my grand kids about the time we finished 2nd and bombed out to Richmond.
Our recent finals record is really embarrassing.
Are you 2 really the same person?

One of the things I find strange is that Geelongs gameplay has clearly changed from the first few rounds. The sheer amount of injuries forced the Cats to adopt a more defensive web structure. And as a result, we are winning games and heavily restricting teams.

Clearly that’s something Chris Scott should be applauded for. It couldn’t be easy to throw plan A out the window (and maybe plan B) and completely change the style, but yet that is what has happened.

It’s examples like that that show why I think Scott is severely under appreciated.

Our poor finals performance is a myth buddy. We can't expect to win a premiership every year. We should be happy we finish top 4/8 and understand the club and coach are the best in the business.
Well what are we up to now, 3 wins from 11 finals since our last flag? Like any good myth there is a root of truth to it. Now I certainly do not expect to win the lot every year. Its a tough gig thats for sure. But we really have got into strong positions to contend and bombed out come finals a few times now...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Buckley’s conference was interesting and actually spoke about Geelongs tactics.

1. Slowest ball movement down the field by choice, to ensure that we keep our structure/zone if turnovers happen.

2. Utilise our aerial dominance.

Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts or further insight about this?

Oh look, a team applying finals pressure, despite being utter garbage, and our gameplan and players go to water.
He, along with his team and 3 maggots in yellow, have had a garbage first half.

But I will wait to see what happens in the second half before I lose it.

Buckley’s conference was interesting and actually spoke about Geelongs tactics.

1. Slowest ball movement down the field by choice, to ensure that we keep our structure/zone if turnovers happen.

2. Utilise our aerial dominance.

Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts or further insight about this?

It's what we have done for years just doesnt work come finals or when teams show intensity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys he has the best coaching record in the comp - won a premiership already. Nothing wrong with how we perform in finals/high pressure or the MCG - both are a myth. Club knows best. Blicavs vs NicNat, Duncan vs Grundy, Danger vs Essendon spuds in the ruck - simply exceptional coaching. Parsons and our small forwards the next big thing.

Must have been a torrid past couple of weeks for you haters having to wait for this loss.
Enjoy it .

As if.
Mate - Parsons is a star - future captain. Does things no one sees and the club loves him. Chris Scott best W/L record in the league - hardest to coach against every year. What else could we ever dream of wanting?

Mate - Parsons is a star - future captain. Does things no one sees and the club loves him. Chris Scott best W/L record in the league - hardest to coach against every year. What else could we ever dream of wanting?
Focus on the rookie addition to our team who will be a future leader.
There was a lot else below par today

Oh look, a team applying finals pressure, despite being utter garbage, and our gameplan and players go to water.
A complete debacle today. Many of understood that this would be a danger game. The Coach and the Players obviously didn't. Chris Scott on radio said that he doesn't arrive until late because everything is prepared. Well actually Chris it isn't . Your job in the last five mins is to rev them up, hair on the back of the neck standing up, so that they go on to the ground absolutely pumped.
Scott failed today. I haven't seen any footage but I have not doubt that there was a lot of gesticulating and hand sin air and eyes wide open, in amazement. What we didn't get was any changes on the ground. That is his job. The story this week that the club is thinking of extending his contract smacks of laziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back