Chris Scott's legacy if he gags in another finals series?

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy money to be made on the GF as Geelong was always going to lose. Too old and slow.

They got lucky with playing shorter quarters and on more favourable grounds. Also the Scott game plan doesn't stack up in big games. Surprising that after all the losses in finals that he doesn't have the nuggets to admit it and change it up.

Also, any side that relies on Gary Rohan to be a key player has no hope. It appears as if his team mates don't want him about... for some reason...

Yeah the guy who kicked 3 goals in a prelim should have been dropped.

And yes we know that 10 years of being in and around the top 4 is purely down to a series of lucky coincidences and owes nothing to any good football.

And yes we know that 10 years of being in and around the top 4 is purely down to a series of lucky coincidences and owes nothing to any good football.
TBF, he didn't say Rohan should be dropped.

He kicked 2 cheap ones at the end last week.
Has had a career of going missing in big games.

It’s a great point.

We’ll just go and get one of the 17 Polly farmers the other clubs have sitting around twiddling their thumbs not getting a game.

Not finding another GAS has been his other major flaw. Should have had 2-3 of them by now.

If lame excuses are your go then knock yourself out mate.
I wouldn’t call Nankervis Polly Farmer but he is physically competitive and understands the ruckmans role in the team.
Richmond landed him with a modest pick and his game stacks up in September.
Geelong have avoided this glaring deficiency for years and are paying for it.
Rohan Dahlhaus Steven Jenkins and now Higgins.
Surely a physically competitive ruckman had to take priority over any of this lot with September in mind ...

I wouldn’t call Nankervis Polly Farmer but he is physically competitive and understands the ruckmans role in the team.
Surely a physically competitive ruckman had to take priority over any of this lot with September in mind ...

So is Stanley. Stanley when fit has been more than handy. No one is going to have a great game every time they play. Bradman couldn’t do it, what makes you think a talented and versatile but not elite ruckman is going to?

Geelong tried hard to land Goldstein at the end of 2019 but he wouldn't move from North.

Geelong tried hard to land Goldstein at the end of 2019 but he wouldn't move from North.

Fair call but Goldstein is elite and a North lifer.
Lycett Ryder McEvoy Ceglar Nankervis Pruess Sinclair Pittonet Martin Witts.
All ruckmen secured from other clubs.
Stanley isn’t and never was the answer in September and Scott knows it as he’s dropped him often enough ...

I reckon Geelong are a terrific side.
Richmond are just better.

I reckon to win it, they needed big games from Hawk and Danger but didn't get them.

Was thinking about this last night, what a fine line there is in this game.

To 3/4 time Hawkins had taken 3 clean marks and had 3 good shots at goal - 2 narrowly missed and 1 went through. Meanwhile Martin had 4 shots prior to his junktime finish, and he’d nailed 3 of them.

Hawkins puts his shots through, by 3/4 time he is looking like playing the decisive role in a GF.

Instead he finishes with 1.2 and has no impact

50% winning record this finals series which is way above his average

Circumstances were very favourable. They played the Pies who were totally cooked and Brisbane who were nothing like the manic team they were against the Tiges.

Sure the Cats played well to beat them. The form was misleading.

Having said all that, they had us on toast for a half.

Circumstances were very favourable. They played the Pies who were totally cooked and Brisbane who were nothing like the manic team they were against the Tiges.

Sure the Cats played well to beat them. The form was misleading.

Having said all that, they had us on toast for a half.

Ah yes. Yes yes. As always there’s an excuse for why we win.

If we were playing at the unfavourable grounds against teams without too long or short a break, with the ideal amount of intensity, our record over the last 10 seasons would actually be 0-220

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes. Yes yes. As always there’s an excuse for why we win.

If we were playing at the unfavourable grounds against teams without too long or short a break, with the ideal amount of intensity, our record over the last 10 seasons would actually be 0-220

So do you think you played a switched on Pies and Brisbane?

Yes you had to beat them and they were 2 good wins. I still assert that you didn't play either team at their best.

Yes you had to beat them and they were 2 good wins. I still assert that you didn't play either team at their best.

Who the hell cares.

You could easily say Richmond didn’t play us at our best considering how ordinary we were for most of the second half.

Seriously how many times do both teams play at 100 per cent for 100 per cent of every game?

Was thinking about this last night, what a fine line there is in this game.

To 3/4 time Hawkins had taken 3 clean marks and had 3 good shots at goal - 2 narrowly missed and 1 went through. Meanwhile Martin had 4 shots prior to his junktime finish, and he’d nailed 3 of them.

Hawkins puts his shots through, by 3/4 time he is looking like playing the decisive role in a GF.

Instead he finishes with 1.2 and has no impact
I think Dusty's goal just before half-time was crucial.
If Geelong went in at the break 22 points up and kicked the first goal in the 3rd quarter, it would've made it tough.

I thought Geelong should've been 4 or 5 goals up at the break but didn't their chances.

I’m curious to see how long the list of problems is for the 16 teams who didn’t make the grand final, seeing as Geelong’s is about a mile long

Well of course you’re going to see a focus on Geelong’s list problems on here, it’s a thread on Chris Scott and Geelong. Right? 🥺

Well of course you’re going to see a focus on Geelong’s list problems on here, it’s a thread on Chris Scott and Geelong. Right? 🥺

Where did I say otherwise? I’m simply pointing out that there’s apparently so many of them, that the teams below us will need a phone book to list all theirs

Richmond only kicked 3 in the first half, with no goals from midway through the first until just before half time.
That is true but we also restricted Geelong to five goals. Richmond kicked 60% of the goals that Geelong did in the first half (3 to 5). In the second half Geelong kicked 22% of the goals that Richmond did (2 to 9).

Gary Rohan's track record in finals is slim pickings. Teams that want to take the next step and win a flag would cut loose a player like that.

Finals wins are where it's at. Some would call Geelong things like chokers.. maybe soft... maybe pretenders.

All would admit Geelong have been a very good Home & Away side.

Or maybe Geelong just played better than them? People have said the same thing all year about the Cats that whenever they win its because the other team 'rolled over'

Do you really think the Pies and Lions just rolled over in knockout finals? Give your own team some credit for winning the GF rather than trying to say whatever it is you're trying to say.

Gary Rohan's track record in finals is slim pickings. Teams that want to take the next step and win a flag would cut loose a player like that.

Finals wins are where it's at. Some would call Geelong things like chokers.. maybe soft... maybe pretenders.

All would admit Geelong have been a very good Home & Away side.

Perhaps but you are not going to leave out a player who was very good in a prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back