Chris Tarrant and James Clement Re-Sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay cuts?

I must say I find that surprising. Where did you get that from? I would have thought both would get rises. If they did get cuts then I can only assume that with Buckley going onto the Vet's list there are some signings having capacity cleared for but I am doubtful myself.

Re: Re: Chris Tarrant and James Clement Re-Sign

Originally posted by RIPPER_46
Making room for Judd?

:D Most likely what they are thinking, probably have to pay the full amount of Woewodin's salary next year also.

What are they offering?

Originally posted by MarkT
Pay cuts?

I must say I find that surprising. Where did you get that from?

Channel 10 mentioned the pay cuts tonight.

As I said, it is surprising to me. Great to hear if true though. FWIW the news is a great sauce of club propoganda. If it is legit. then I can only assume there is a player or two headed to Collingwood and I can only hope he is very tall and has good hands. Buckley goes to the vets list and no they don't pay all of Woewodin's contract (if the orignal stories were true). Taz and Clement taking cuts with a couple of delists or trades must free up over $500k and there was space to start with. There may a few re singnings to take up some of that space but I would presume any high priced trade would be partly offset with a trade back the other way. Ominous stuff!

Yeah apparently for taking the cut he doesn't have to pretend to like Buckley anymore, he can cut Bux lunch with Chriti and MM has promised him he is in remission and will continue to coach.

As I said., it is surprising to me. Great to hear if true though. FWIW the news is a great sauce of club propoganda. If it is legit. then I can only assume there is a player of two headed to Collingwood and I can only hope he is very tall and has good hands. Buckley goes to the vets and no they don't pay all of Woewodin's contract (if the orignal stories were true). Tax and clemment taking cuts with a couple of delists or trades must free up over $500k and there was space to start with. There may a few re singnings to take up some of that space but I would presume any high priced trade would be partly offset with a trade back the other way. Ominous stuff!

Anyone who saw MM after a tall player played against the pies in a game that the pies won by one point would have seen that look that said I would like that player. And knowing how Ed makes things happen I would say it is almost a foregone conclusion.

Great to hear if true though.

It is great news, but I'm not all that surprised about the pay cut. Players from a lot of the clubs are taking pay cuts to keep their clubs under the salary cap. Glad to hear Taz and Clemmo are amongst them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm, I care that they have re-signed.
BOTH for 3 years and BOTH have taken a pay cut.
With Bucks going onto the Veterans list it leaves us about $500,000 to go after Judd.
I'm excited

What's this about salary cuts? Clement and Tarrant did not take salary cuts at all, in fact both of them got their salaries increased. Tarrant is now on $450k a year, no way is he worth that, you don't pay erratic flankers that much.

Where do you get that from Zombie?

the age, they have taken a 'reduced salary package' as described by Collingwood because 'they could have got more money elsewhere. Neither have taken salary cuts, both have had their salaries increased, especially Tarrant, who signed a 4 year contract worth 1.8 million dollars. I doubt Tarrant was on anything near that amount of money on his previous contract.

Originally posted by funky_monk
Just going to start my, "Medhurst walks to corner shop to buy milk" thread.

Who gives about Tarrant and Clement re-signing?

OK so no-one can ever post a thread about a player re-signing?

Ever?

This is news, people want to hear news. I don't see you attacking phatandphreaky's thread about the Geelong guys who re-signed. Or the vast number of threads over the 4 year history of bigfooty that have stated that a player/s have re-signed.

Well, we may have been a bit hasty re: pay cuts, but 'reduced salary' is better than nothing. Tarrant especially could've held the club to ransom.

Well done to Collingwood, Tazz & Clement, especially Tazza, always good to see great players play for one club and not play clubs off against each other when it comes to contract extensions etc.

Well Done......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back