chris tarrant vs robby tarrant

who will have a better career?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Robbie has to at least become a All-Australian Once

Chris has runs on the board, his career has taken a downward spiral in the last 3-4 seasons - but will be surprised if Robbie's best gets near Chris's.

Chris had more potential, but is yet to live up to it. Robbie, if he works harder than his brother, will be a better player. But Chris has always had better upside.

Chris has been simply terrible at Freo, so I'd go for Robbie for bigger upside (mind you Laidley's not really good at developing and nuturing young talent thus far)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And didnt you say that AA's was a stupid way to compare players yet you are doing it here?
You make my head hurt, honestly.

When comparing players careers at the end of them, individual honors count.

When comparing two players at a certain point in time, individual honors in the past are irrelevant.

An AA award in say 2002 doesn't make a player any better than another player in 2008, he could be an entirely different player. But it could make his entire career a better one than the other player.

You make my head hurt, honestly.

When comparing players careers at the end of them, individual honors count.

When comparing two players at a certain point in time, individual honors in the past are irrelevant.

An AA award in say 2002 doesn't make a player any better than another player in 2008, he could be an entirely different player. But it could make his entire career a better one than the other player.

And in this case one of them is only at the start so they would be irrelevant. In 15 years time this thread might have some merit but as you agreed with me in the other thread it is a stupid thread to begin with.

I agree it is a stupid thread, but I gave my prediction regardless. It isn't a very strong or passionate one, if I had to choose right now, I'd guess Chris would end up with the better career.

Massive chance of it happening the other way, but I'd be amazed if Robbie has the raw potential of Chris, who was unstoppable when he was on song. Very sad to see his career take the path it has.

Robbie starting to bridge the gap on his older brother with a best & fairest last night (and should have got an AA this year too). If Robbie can continue to consistently play at this level or higher in the next few years then I could certainly see an argument for Robbie as the better Tarrant. Also hoping that Robbie enjoys more team success too!

Fwd AA>>Defender AA, and Chris played at a high level at both ends of the ground, clearly the better player thus far, Robbie still has some catching up to do, revisit when Robbie hangs the boots up.

Fwd AA>>Defender AA, and Chris played at a high level at both ends of the ground, clearly the better player thus far, Robbie still has some catching up to do, revisit when Robbie hangs the boots up.
Overall, Chris still ahead, as a defender, Robbie, as a forward, definitely Chris.

Robbie starting to bridge the gap on his older brother with a best & fairest last night (and should have got an AA this year too). If Robbie can continue to consistently play at this level or higher in the next few years then I could certainly see an argument for Robbie as the better Tarrant. Also hoping that Robbie enjoys more team success too!
Robbie would have to string a few as good if not better seasons in a row if he is going to get close to Chris I would have thought. People forget just how good Chris was at either end of the ground.

No chance Robbie can pass Chris after the disastrous start to mid period of his career but if he stays injury free (fingers and toes crossed) for the rest of his career he should end up with a very nice one and worthy of being in the same conversation.
Underrated career Chris had. Neo like dodging of a premiership medallion though...

Back