Chris Tarrant will give Matthew Scarlett a lesson in football this week

Remove this Banner Ad

When Tarrant has been fit and Collingwood in half decent form Tarrant has run Scarlett ragged in a quarter. If Freo win enough of the ball Tarrant will beat Scarlett and scarlett will be moved off him. That’s unless Scarlett plays on Pavlich of course - which I think is likely. Either way, Geelong will win the match.

Tarrant will take 13 uncontested marks on the lead, 80 metres from goal, one huge hanger on Scarlett's head and finish with 1.3 for the night.

Geelong will win.

Taz wont give Scarlo a lesson........not sure he could actually teach him anything!

But Taz does usually play well against Scarlett and Geelong, his running and hard leading has been too much for the Geelong backs in the past

Tarrant will take 13 uncontested marks on the lead, 80 metres from goal, one huge hanger on Scarlett's head and finish with 1.3 for the night.

Geelong will win.
If someone posted these exact words last year, before a game between Geelong and Collingwood, this thread would've stretched to 40 pages. Collingwood fans are an interesting breed. They can only discuss their players sensibly after they've left and moved to another club.

Tarrant is a good footballer, but he has always received too much publicity. He worked hard and played a role at Collingwood, but he was never the matchwinner their fans wanted him to be. I haven't seen a lot of Freo this season, but in the games I've seen, Tarrant has been okay. He is such a shocking kick though, which is a big drawback for a footballer.

If Tarant does manage to beat Scarlet, someone else will be moved on him then; as sown lats week we have the defense to cover up for Scarlett if need be. No big deal.

Mark my words!

So scarlet will know how to moon women and drink after Saturday.....

Seriously tarrant has always played well on Scarlet but as usual has a poor return because his leads are out wide or too far from goal. Pavlich is your star...how he goes against a very good backline will be worth watching.

Collingwood fans are an interesting breed. They can only discuss their players sensibly after they've left and moved to another club.

Right, and no other supporters have any bias whatsoever when it comes to discussing their players. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone posted these exact words last year, before a game between Geelong and Collingwood, this thread would've stretched to 40 pages. Collingwood fans are an interesting breed. They can only discuss their players sensibly after they've left and moved to another club.
I hereby award you with the Post of the Round Award. Congratulations.:):thumbsu:
chewyrj6.jpg

Consider them marked. Do you represent all the Clokes or just the ones who are in the VFL?

The twit that started this thread wanted Collingwood to pick up Matt McCarthy at the end of last year,so you can see we're dealing with someone who isn't playing with a full deck.

Tarrant has a better record than most on Scarlo this is true but the Freo midfield aren't that scary so opportunities might be scarce.

regards,

REB

Collingwood fans are an interesting breed. They can only discuss their players sensibly after they've left and moved to another club.

Collingwood fans are the same as all fans, tend to overlook a players weaknesses and focus on their strengths. If they move on they know their strengths and weaknesses but can comment more objectively as emotion is taken out, usually!

Wonder what ur view on Hodge would be if he wasn't a Hawk! :rolleyes:

Collingwood fans are the same as all fans, tend to overlook a players weaknesses and focus on their strengths. If they move on they know their strengths and weaknesses but can comment more objectively as emotion is taken out, usually!

Wonder what ur view on Hodge would be if he wasn't a Hawk! :rolleyes:

( on a side note ) Whats with everyone hating hodge? I think he's a gun. Great mark, fast, good skills, pretty tough. I dont get it?

That may be partly true...but can you tell me which group of supporters are any different?

Is your 2007 opinion of Spida Everitt the same as your 2006 opinion of Spida Everitt?

Don't forget, Chris Tarrant left Collingwood for the club that were a premiership favorite with many footy followers. That club currently sit in the bottom 4, and Collingwood are effectively equal 3rd from top.
I think Collingwood supporters are entitled to have a bit of a harmless dig at Chris this season. Especially considering many thought our entire structure would collapse without him.

Things may change in the future, and the Dorkers and Chris may have better seasons to come. But for the moment there's nothing wrong with Collingwood supporters enjoying the disaster that is Fremantle....

Geelong by 21points, and Scarlett to be directly involved in at least 4 goals...:thumbsu:

( on a side note ) Whats with everyone hating hodge? I think he's a gun. Great mark, fast, good skills, pretty tough. I dont get it?

I too reckon Hodge is a gun, just dropped his name as he is a Hawk who Chewy talks up a fair bit, if he left the Hawks i wonder if Chewy would still talk him up?

All supporters talk up players at their own clubs and talk down players who leave!

Spida Everitt at the hawks was one of the best tap ruckman going around, once he left he was a cancer who was stiffling the development of 'the big man' Taylor!

Mark my words!

Aaaaahhh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAAH
AHAHAHAHAH
ahahahaha

ahaahah
ahahha
ahha
haha
ha
h
a
ah
ahha
h
a
ahah
ah
ah
hah
ah
ah
aha
ha
ah
ah
ah
ha

ah
ah
ahah
ah
hah
ah
ah
a
ha
ha
haa
ha

ah

No, no he wont

funny isnt it, u collingwood mob (i assume so by ur gay nickname) hate chris tarrent but now he;s plaing against geelong, u reckon hell do good just cause geelong smacked u a couple weeks back

jeez, if you gonna be stupid, try and cover it up

Egan will take Pavlich and Scarlett should line up on Tarrant.

If Tarrant wants to lead up the ground and takes the majority of his marks on the wings/midfield, Scarlett should let him do that, because it's not going to really hurt us on the scoreboard.

In fact Scarlett should probably zone off, and be that loose man in defence, so that he can rebound the footy down the other end which he's very good at doing.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see Egan line up on Pavlich, Harley on Tarrant and Scarlett on the 3rd tall. The guy's recovering from the flu, so I don't think we'd give Scarlett the job on Tarrant, at least not initially.

If Tarrant wants to lead up the ground and takes the majority of his marks on the wings/midfield, Scarlett should let him do that, because it's not going to really hurt us on the scoreboard.

In fact Scarlett should probably zone off, and be that loose man in defence, so that he can rebound the footy down the other end which he's very good at doing.
Dangerous. Tarrant doesn’t kick well for goal but that is a mental issue. His field kicking is generally good and Pavlich will appreciate any latitude given to Tarrant just as Rocca did at Collingwood.

I don’t see why Scarlett wouldn’t line up at FB on Pavlich and Harley get first crack at Tarrant. If Tarrant runs him around and it hurts via Pavlich then someone like Egan would be moved onto Tarrant. FWIW the blokes that give Tarrant the most trouble are not the strong talls they are the nimble and they don’t have to have much height. Joel Smith types are the way to stop Tarrant – when he isn’t stopping himself. On his day though it doesn’t much matter if he gets decent supply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back