Rumour Chris Tarrant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairtex

All Australian
Feb 2, 2010
MCG
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was mentioned on TFS that Chris will not be playing for Fremantle in 2011... and wants to come back to Melbourne. Collingwood has been touted as a potential home..but what about the Dees? Was a decent forward when he played for Collingwood, and he has been in very good form of late, we could use him... thoughts?

Hopefully we wont even look at it.

Should this be true it would be interesting to see who would be interested, I suppose Hawthorn would have been but picked up Gibson.

Am i correct in assuming if you wanted to bring him to your club he would be used primarily as a backman?

Richmond? North Melb? Essendon?

Jamie Charman. Apparently he's now third in line at Brisbane, so maybe we could tempt him down here. Mark Blake would also be a steal although possible with Ottens and Hawkins jostling along with him for a spot.

Jamie Charman. Apparently he's now third in line at Brisbane, so maybe we could tempt him down here. Mark Blake would also be a steal although possible with Ottens and Hawkins jostling along with him for a spot.

Charman, whilst a good player, is so injury-prone it just wouldn't be worth taking a punt on him.

Blake is a spud in my view, so I wouldn't bother with him either.

I'd look at one of the Carlton rucks, but with Kreuzer injured I'm not sure they would want to trade one of Hampson or Warnock now.

We can't forget Gawn and Fitz either, as both of them look like pretty exciting prospects as well. In some sense, ruck isn't that important an area to address, given that the developing talent is already on our list in that part of the field.

We can't forget Gawn and Fitz either, as both of them look like pretty exciting prospects as well. In some sense, ruck isn't that important an area to address, given that the developing talent is already on our list in that part of the field.

Yeah. thoughts exactly. I thought Fitz looked good in the VFL.

We really have no trading to do. We have the players we need in all four categories to develop and become a top class team. Our defence is already getting their, our midfield is highly promising, we have a good ruck quarter and our forward division, while highly criticized should be good in a few years with the likes of Watts, Jurrah, Hughes, Tapscott, Bate, Petterd, Wonna, Green, Sylvia, etc. Gee that's a lot.

We really have no trading to do. We have the players we need in all four categories to develop and become a top class team. Our defence is already getting their, our midfield is highly promising, we have a good ruck quarter and our forward division, while highly criticized should be good in a few years with the likes of Watts, Jurrah, Hughes, Tapscott, Bate, Petterd, Wonna, Green, Sylvia, etc. Gee that's a lot.

My thoughts exactly. We have the talent on our list in all areas of the ground now, just need to develope it. It may actually be in the coaching department (no, not Bails, but the fwd line) that we need to make some changes at the end of this season.

Yeah, you're right in the sense that we pretty much have all four divisions covered in terms of playing personnel. To me, the only real deficiency we have is the lack of a strong bodied, high marking, stay-at-home KPF. Aside from that, we have players who are either are or will be capable of succeeding at AFL level in every position on the ground.

Just did a background check on Ricky Petterd. He is listed as 185cm the same height as Brad Green who has been a solid 'key forward' (appropriate?) or a solid goal kicking option this year. He could prove pivotal, big fan of his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you're right in the sense that we pretty much have all four divisions covered in terms of playing personnel. To me, the only real deficiency we have is the lack of a strong bodied, high marking, stay-at-home KPF. Aside from that, we have players who are either are or will be capable of succeeding at AFL level in every position on the ground.

This, and we do have the personnel to go there in Green and Sylvia. Watts has to develop into this position come a few years.

I also liked stretcharmstrong's idea of changing up our coaching staff in the forward line. Arguably our current coaches are extremely lucky with an exciting list in their control so they'll have to do something to keep their place.

My thoughts exactly. We have the talent on our list in all areas of the ground now, just need to develope it. It may actually be in the coaching department (no, not Bails, but the fwd line) that we need to make some changes at the end of this season.

Your exactly right, we all still need a bit of patience. I am totally against using stop gap measures such as Tarrant or Charman. I am all for mature age recuits as long as they a) come cheap ala Joel Mac and b) do not hinder the development of or youth.

As for tarrant no thanks, at his best he was a forward he was a lead up player like Bate is trying to develop and was never an overly big goal kicker. I am really looking fwd to seing Petterd, Jurrah, Watts and Tapscott all in the same fwd line next year.

A 30 year old who'd only hinder the development of Frawley and Warnock? Pass.
Agreed.

If we can have a good last 8 weeks though, Bailey and BP might want to have a look a mature-age recruit who can slot straight in ala Dew and provide some surplus value to what will be a good young side. It shouldn't be a defender though.

If we can have a good last 8 weeks though, Bailey and BP might want to have a look a mature-age recruit who can slot straight in ala Dew and provide some surplus value to what will be a good young side. It shouldn't be a defender though.

Wouldnt have thought so - we are hardly knocking on the premiership door.

Anyone over 26 really doesnt fit our current list.

Wouldnt have thought so - we are hardly knocking on the premiership door.

Anyone over 26 really doesnt fit our current list.
We'll be top four by 2012.

I'd imagine someone that would be 28-30 then would be a perfect addition, provided they are playing well and in the team on merit. Bear in mind hardly any of the current team has much finals experience.

Did anyone else do the Herald Sun Footy Fans Survey? I answered yes for a grand final within five years, hoping everyone else did too :thumbsu:

Agreed.

Dew was pretty much free though. Tarrant would cost a reasonable amount in a trade.

Jamie charman could be a good short term fit to pass on some handy hints to the kids & also helpout with injury problems. It's time to try trade PJ out to a new home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back