carlton09

Club Legend
Jan 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Blues
Damian Barrett reported on TFS that it would be Tarrant's last season at Fremantle and then will return home to Melbourne. He will be 30 in 2011 and Collingwood would be his likely choice if he decides to play on. He has had a very good season thus far and is a very important player in Fremantle's defence. Should the CFC look to recruit him or stick to developing key backs like Austin and White?

Discuss.

Slow news week for TFS obviously. The only real stories they had were already in the public arena so they decided to re-hash an old rumour. I would have expected as much from Hutchy, but I thought this new bloke was going to be a bit different.

Slow news week for TFS obviously. The only real stories they had were already in the public arena so they decided to re-hash an old rumour. I would have expected as much from Hutchy, but I thought this new bloke was going to be a bit different.

You thought wrong - this guy is just as bad, if not worse. I didn't think it was possible but he has a more exaggerated sense of self-importance than the bald, fat idiot.

A-grade a55-clown.

Damian Barrett reported on TFS that it would be Tarrant's last season at Fremantle and then will return home to Melbourne. He will be 30 in 2011 and Collingwood would be his likely choice if he decides to play on. He has had a very good season thus far and is a very important player in Fremantle's defence. Should the CFC look to recruit him or stick to developing key backs like Austin and White?

Discuss.

meh I dont think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well the word is that taz's wife wants to go home, but we also here that taz loves the FFC for helping him rejuvinate his career and is close mates with Pav, mcpharlin and co...... who knows what will happen. personally i think tarrant will either retire i sign on with FFC, but if he were to go, i wouldnt have thought he would cost much (trade wise) would probably be surplus to the blues needs

Chris Tarrant mulling Magpies return
Tarrant married model Lauren Strauss in October last year and it is understood that the pair are keen to resettle in Melbourne, with four clubs, among them Carlton and his former club Collingwood, identified as suitable or desirable destinations.
Chris Tarrant mulling Magpies return

I reckon we should look at Tarrant.

Don't know what they would ask for in exchange for a 30 year old Tarrant, but he's in better form than Bradshaw who received a three year deal.

Can also play forward.

Will probably return to Collingwood via a swap for Medhurst and a pick.

Will be no point after we get Trengove.
We don't need another midfielder.

Oh, wait...

I'll throw up if we trade another second round pick to bring in another unproven player.

We haven't had a second round selection in the last three drafts.

No second rounders costs you the ability to draft for need.

bower, walker and jamison...white and one day austin...short term draft which isnt needed.

Tarrant is worth a decent look and it all depends on what we have to give up to get him with him at 30 years old. His body seems o.k and could be handy down back on a 2 year incentive based contract or something similar.

Would make us a tougher side.

Would Dangerfield improve our skill level?

I say no.

Wouldn't be worth the cost.
Depends what the cost is. Is reckless and gives it 100% every time. Exactly the sort we need.

Would also be rapt if we got Jackson Trengove. Has played most games and while he's still got a ways to go, he and Henderson would be two great young talls to have on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back