Chris Yarran speaks out about meth addiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Weight and fitness no issue? Not sure about that. Usually a sign of a deeper issue in a high performance athlete.

Motivation issues little risk? Sure, arrogant clubs delude themselves into thinking they can fix these things.

Gambling little risk? You are very wrong here. Very much a warning sign that a player is in trouble. And the links between gambling, organised crime and drugs should be known to footy clubs.

Not only are you wrong, but cumulatively, the red flags should have been obvious. Your club was into him for 6 months despite him being a contracted player for the following year. What exactly was Richmond doing in this time? These were his darkest football months over his career. The kid had problems.

Leave the drugs issue aside (even though social media were onto it) and your club accepted the risk, took it and it backfired. Stop blaming others.
Social media wasn't on to it. They yell out drugs about almost any player. Dusty having issues? Drugs.

We took a risk on some things and a thing we did not know made it backfire.
But sure I'll stop blaming others..when I actually blame others. Mind quoting where I blamed others? Seems like you have you havn't actually read any comments.

I don't. They say they didn't know, so I'm going to beleive them since I have no reason to not.
But then I'm being told apparently everyone knew, all the random bigfooty posters knew. So if they actually knew, then Carlton had to have known aswell. If they traded him knowing that then thats a scummy move.
I'm feeling guilty selling my Nissan Patrol with a dodgy fuel pump now !!!

Social media wasn't on to it. They yell out drugs about almost any player. Dusty having issues? Drugs.

We took a risk on some things and a thing we did not know made it backfire.
But sure I'll stop blaming others..when I actually blame others. Mind quoting where I blamed others? Seems like you have you havn't actually read any comments.

You:

"Also if it was so obvious, then Carlton should have mentioned it to us at some point? Or his manager? But they said they didn't know. I hope they really didn't or thats a scummy move."

"But then I'm being told apparently everyone knew, all the random bigfooty posters knew. So if they actually knew, then Carlton had to have known aswell. If they traded him knowing that then thats a scummy move."

Two scenarios:

1. Carlton and the footy world knew he had a problem. Somehow Richmond missed it. Poor due diligence.

2. Carlton didn't know he had a drug problem. The rumour mill was just a rumour mill. Somehow Richmond, the club that was into him for 6 months, ignored his deterioration in form, fitness and motivation and his gambling problem, and arrogantly thought they could fix these things. Poor decision making.

Caro is simply wrong to point the fingers at others.

You:

"Also if it was so obvious, then Carlton should have mentioned it to us at some point? Or his manager? But they said they didn't know. I hope they really didn't or thats a scummy move."

"But then I'm being told apparently everyone knew, all the random bigfooty posters knew. So if they actually knew, then Carlton had to have known aswell. If they traded him knowing that then thats a scummy move."

Two scenarios:

1. Carlton and the footy world knew he had a problem. Somehow Richmond missed it. Poor due diligence.

2. Carlton didn't know he had a drug problem. The rumour mill was just a rumour mill. Somehow Richmond, the club that was into him for 6 months, ignored his deterioration in form, fitness and motivation and his gambling problem, and arrogantly thought they could fix these things. Poor decision making.

Caro is simply wrong to point the fingers at others.
Wow you got me. Yep, me saying Carlton and his manager didn't know and that I hoped they didn't know is me blaming others.
Those comments where specifically NOT blaming them. I'm saying that bigfooty posters "knowing" was bs rumors that happened to be correct (with all of them 1 eventually has to be right) while the Carlton posters are telling me everyone knew, so in the series of events THEY think is true, Carlton and his manager must have known.

Maybe READ THE COMMENTS.

2 scenarios

1. Carlton and his manager didn't know. Richmond risked the attitude and weight problems, got burned from his drug issue which both parties where unaware of.

2. Carlton and his manager did know. Tried to not only trade someone they know is using ice, but tried to push for what would have been overs if he hadn't had drug issues. Richmond risked the attitude and weight problems, got burned from his drug issue which they didn't know about, while the AFL and Carlton knew and sat their silently.

I think it was 1 because I hope it was. I hope Carlton arent scummy enough for 2 to be true.

Just a thought - do you reckon Richmond knew about the rumours surrounding Ben Cousins when they signed him?
Perhaps willing to take a gamble thinking a premiership window might be open for the next 12 months?

So was Dusty apparently. How did that turn out for everyone that turned him down?
And herein lies the problem. Richmond have been massively rewarded on field for the way they've handled Dusty. They basically saved the kid's life from being a piece of crap. Richmond tried it with Ben Cousins and have had another crack at it with Yarran. As with thoroughbreds, the rewards are there if you can bring a broken down top liner back up to scratch, but they didn't factor in the devastating effect that family can have on indigenous Western Australians.

Just a thought - do you reckon Richmond knew about the rumours surrounding Ben Cousins when they signed him?
Perhaps willing to take a gamble thinking a premiership window might be open for the next 12 months?

Didn't Wallace insist they draft him so they could keep an eye on him?

Didn't Wallace insist they draft him so they could keep an eye on him?
That's just old squeaky voice trying to remain relevant in the media.
What Coach in his right mind would put the welfare of a sacked player with a history of drug abuse from another club over the responsibility towards his own club to win games.
They took Cousins in the hope he might fill that missing gap and enable them to play finals - nothing more, nothing less.

Wow you got me. Yep, me saying Carlton and his manager didn't know and that I hoped they didn't know is me blaming others.
Those comments where specifically NOT blaming them. I'm saying that bigfooty posters "knowing" was bs rumors that happened to be correct (with all of them 1 eventually has to be right) while the Carlton posters are telling me everyone knew, so in the series of events THEY think is true, Carlton and his manager must have known.

Maybe READ THE COMMENTS.

2 scenarios

1. Carlton and his manager didn't know. Richmond risked the attitude and weight problems, got burned from his drug issue which both parties where unaware of.

2. Carlton and his manager did know. Tried to not only trade someone they know is using ice, but tried to push for what would have been overs if he hadn't had drug issues. Richmond risked the attitude and weight problems, got burned from his drug issue which they didn't know about, while the AFL and Carlton knew and sat their silently.

I think it was 1 because I hope it was. I hope Carlton arent scummy enough for 2 to be true.
In the video Yarran says he started in his 8th year in AFL. Played for Carlton for 7 years.

Having said that, Carton probably knew about mental health problems.

Another way to look at it: Richmond were talking to him 6 months before trade period. They went fishing. Didnt like what they caught.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't. They say they didn't know, so I'm going to beleive them since I have no reason to not.
But then I'm being told apparently everyone knew, all the random bigfooty posters knew. So if they actually knew, then Carlton had to have known aswell. If they traded him knowing that then thats a scummy move.

Scummy move from Carlton? Surely not!

Most Club recruiters would be weary that Carlton may have traded Yarran with knowledge of his drug addiction. Carlton has a history of making their own rules and it pretty much always backfires... if Carlton had any decency they would hand the pic back but that would be admitting fault wouldn't it? That said it was a very dumb move by Richmond.

Bottom line is that clubs will be very wary dealing with Carlton on the back of this so once again a short-term gain will have long term consequences.

But none of it matters now because Grigg won the Flag WITH THE TIGERS. Andy Collins is a distant memory

sexual abuse isnt reserved for catholic priests. If I had a choice of my kids being meth addicts or christians it wouldnt be a hard choice

One would argue that most parents wouldnt find themselves in that sort of messed up situation...

Well if that's the case they certainly learnt their lesson. No Bennell or Stringer at the Tigers
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-15/bennell-disrespected-tigers-during-trade-talks

Just read Dan Richardson comments.

Sorry, Dan Richardson felt disrespected and that Bennell was always going to Fremantle.

Nothing to do with the rumors and bs that Tigers supporters that Martin couldn't keep up with Bennells partying.

Richmond would have taken the chance with Bennell if he was serious going to the Tigers.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-15/bennell-disrespected-tigers-during-trade-talks

Just read Dan Richardson comments.

Sorry, Dan Richardson felt disrespected and that Bennell was always going to Fremantle.

Nothing to do with the rumors and bs that Tigers supporters that Martin couldn't keep up with Bennells partying.

Richmond would have taken the chance with Bennell if he was serious going to the Tigers.

Is this written in English? I'm not sure. I understand the letters and the words but the sequence is as if it was written by someone who doesn't know what order to put words in to make a coherent statement, or sentence.

One thing I do know is that nowhere on earth do I see the phrase, Chris-Yarran-AFL-Premiership-Player

Is this written in English? I'm not sure. I understand the letters and the words but the sequence is as if it was written by someone who doesn't know what order to put words in to make a coherent statement, or sentence.

One thing I do know is that nowhere on earth do I see the phrase, Chris-Yarran-AFL-Premiership-Player
Thanks for feedback your.

Scummy move from Carlton? Surely not!

Most Club recruiters would be weary that Carlton may have traded Yarran with knowledge of his drug addiction. Carlton has a history of making their own rules and it pretty much always backfires... if Carlton had any decency they would hand the pic back but that would be admitting fault wouldn't it? That said it was a very dumb move by Richmond.

Bottom line is that clubs will be very wary dealing with Carlton on the back of this so once again a short-term gain will have long term consequences.

But none of it matters now because Grigg won the Flag WITH THE TIGERS. Andy Collins is a distant memory

Started in his 8th year in AFL according to himself. At Carlton for 7. But yeah ok we'll hand a pick back :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back