Roast Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Yarran is one of my favourite players but that was truly pathetic from him tonight.

Came on and had a nice minute or so and then just went missing.

He capped it off with a soft effort on the half forward flank that resulted in the winning goal. It was an average kick but Henderson was under immense pressure and he avoided a point which was the right thing to do. Yarran had to attack the footy and at least get it out of bounds. He didn't, instead blaming Henderson.

Come on Yarran, it's time to stop with soft rubbish like that.

Rubbish thread...

Comes on after the momentum had changed and expected him to run forward of the ball when we needed another hard body to crack in...

Robbo should have stayed on and Lucas should have been subbed...

It was an error which the assistants will have to live with...

Roast Lucas...!

Rubbish thread...

Comes on after the momentum had changed and expected him to run forward of the ball when we needed another hard body to crack in...

Robbo should have stayed on and Lucas should have been subbed...

It was an error which the assistants will have to live with...

Roast Lucas...!
Not rubbish at all.

Yarran's soft effort resulted in a match winning goal

Not rubbish at all.

Yarran's soft effort resulted in a match winning goal

Wrong, the kick was supposed to be longer and to advantage, the coach was filthy on the kick...

Question, Lucas running into goal, misses from 3 meters goes up the other end for a goal and then another within 30 secs. Don't you think THIS was the turning point of the match and what ultimately cost us??

Wrong, the kick was supposed to be longer and to advantage, the coach was filthy on the kick...

Question, Lucas running into goal, misses from 3 meters goes up the other end for a goal and then another within 30 secs. Don't you think THIS was the turning point of the match and what ultimately cost us??
It was a s**t kick, but that doesn't mean you just give up on it. Get it out of bounds, instead of whinging.

Judd missed a shot before Lucas which would've brought the house down and may have put them away.

We missed plenty of sitters tonight and its unfair to blame it all on Lucas. Momentum changes happen in every game and missed kicks by Kreuzer and Judd also cost us. Not sure why Kreuzer as a ruck with those heavy legs of his is attempting to kick standing goals from 40 out when we have players running by him.

I guess it's Kane's fault that they took it up the ground without anyone forcing a turnover and scored two goals from one error. No one else on the field besides Lucas.

Should Gibbs kick around corners and miss a goal from 20 to 30 out?

Did they score after Mclean missed?

Why did Armfield take off and miss in the first quarter with Lucas there to receive and be shepherded in?

Why did Garlett play on?

Lets turn it into a bash Lucas thread because you still have him on your blacklist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting aside the earlier errors by other players and Hendo's poor kick, Yarran still should have attacked the ball harder and at least forced it out of bounds.

It is not the only reason we lost, but another example of his laconic approach which desperately needs to change for Yaz to take the next step as a player.

Yarran is one of my favourite players but that was truly pathetic from him tonight.

Came on and had a nice minute or so and then just went missing.

He capped it off with a soft effort on the half forward flank that resulted in the winning goal. It was an average kick but Henderson was under immense pressure and he avoided a point which was the right thing to do. Yarran had to attack the footy and at least get it out of bounds. He didn't, instead blaming Henderson.

Come on Yarran, it's time to stop with soft rubbish like that.
It was absolutely pathetic.

Don't agree with the thread, the game should of been well won before Yaz came on.
I'm as pissed off as anybody but it was a team loss more than an individual.
No-one is blaming Yarran - just pointing out how far from acceptable that piece of play was. No-one doubts he's a gun but his defensive game needs heaps more work.

No-one is blaming Yarran - just pointing out how far from acceptable that piece of play was. No-one doubts he's a gun but his defensive game needs heaps more work.
I understand what your saying and it was a piss poor effort from Yarran but at the same time I think we lost it well before he did it. We should have had it well won a long time before that thus what my point was. Peace mate but it hurts to have a roast thread and not more toasts.
Time for bed I think.

I understand what your saying and it was a piss poor effort from Yarran but at the same time I think we lost it well before he did it. We should have had it well won a long time before that thus what my point was. Peace mate but it hurts to have a roast thread and not more toasts.
Time for bed I think.

With a minute to go Winderlich's mark pretty much sealed the game for Essendon. Nobodies with Yarran's pace should be that reactive defensively. Theres a reason that our defense has been improving with Walker in it instead of Yarran in the back line.

Less concerning than Myers materialising inside 50 like Jamie Elliott did with no one on him and popping a gimme through.

Blame Lucas!

Yarran isn't soft overhead, so you can just put it down as a bad effort. Didn't avoid any contact with his effort to beat Bartel one out and in the air.

I guess it's Kane's fault that they took it up the ground without anyone forcing a turnover and scored two goals from one error. No one else on the field besides Lucas.

Should Gibbs kick around corners and miss a goal from 20 to 30 out?

Did they score after Mclean missed?

Why did Armfield take off and miss in the first quarter with Lucas there to receive and be shepherded in?

Why did Garlett play on?

Lets turn it into a bash Lucas thread because you still have him on your blacklist.
Spot on, that would've been the percentage play.

There were a number of poor decisions tonight from our experienced players - even Waite who was best on ground, made a poor decision in the last quarter after he marked at the 50m line and kicked across ground which resulted in a turnover.

Spot on, that would've been the percentage play.

There were a number of poor decisions tonight from our experienced players - even Waite who was best on ground, made a poor decision in the last quarter after he marked at the 50m line and kicked across ground which resulted in a turnover.

You would have to say the vast majority of Essendon's scores came from our turnovers.

Sorry RK, but I watched a pub full of Essendon supporters and neutrals stand there with their jaw hanging at Lucas' horror period.

He's been bashed unfairly in the past.

But oh my god. That was a diabolical patch of football.

You would have to say the vast majority of Essendon's scores came from our turnovers.
Agree. We didn't deal well with Essendon flooding their backline to combat our forward entries. It left them with an open forward line that they could rebound into - especially in the last quarter when they kicked 5 goals 4 pts.

Don't understand why we didn't flood our backline at the start of the last quarter to stifle their opportunities and create an open forward line for the likes of Garlett, Yarran and Betts to run into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back