Roast Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Softies have to be outnumbered 10:1 by hard nuts otherwise you end up with an unbalanced portfolio/list.
Carlton has invested in far too many softies and the hard at it players can not compensate for the softies level of shitness against good sides.
It isn't complicated - everyone except Carlton supporters know this.

So did 99% of the Carlton fandom, until he had that breakout season, he had dramatically underperformed and he had run out of 'he has potential' tickets too.

The spur was that he was told he would be sent elsewhere if he didn't step up & to our absolute pleasure, he had the best season ever as a result.

errr, pardon my intrusion, but I'd say it was a 50/50 split. My 1 % carries a lot of weight. :p

Send him back to half back for the rest of the year.
Maybe we trade him, maybe we don't.
But if we keep him, his pre-season is about playing on the wing.
Dont send him back to halfback... put the guy on the wings and let him roam between the arcs.

Not sure he's got the fitness to do this yet.
But if he has, then for sure.
I dont care if he has got the fitness now... put him on the wing. Make him work between the arcs as a link man... exactly the same way we are doing it with Lucas.

I for one, am upset I started the yarran> rich thread. Rich is ten times the player. Heart broken. Work rate over potential any day.

Yarran doesnt have the work rate to play wing. Would love to see his GPS stats. Would estimate bottom 15% of the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like self obssession! mate people are entitled to post what ever the hell they want harden up.
You can post any sort of crap you want, but it's just an opinion and as worthless as those who jeered Henderson two years ago.

Every idiot gets a vote.

Rich had 13 touches today. Great workrate.

Essentially, there is no defensible player at the club. Everyone is on notice. Not least our most frustrating player.

Game plan has improved. A lot of close losses. Too many players have taken a step back this year.

Yarran needs to look at Motlop run through the ground and kick it lace out to hunt in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd quarter. That is what I know Yaz is capable of on a consistent basis.

Really? So my post makes you not want to follow Carlton, but the consistent backwards motion of our progress makes you stand up and salute the great Navy Blue banner?
No what I meant was posts like yours made me wonder why you followed the team, not me. Sorry for the confusion.

I support Carlton and I will stick up for our players when the criticism of them descends into mean-spirited attacks on their character.

I've read this same s**t about JR, Brock, Lucas, Yaz, Walker, Gibbs and now even our skipper has started copping it.

It gives me the shits. And I love RK flying the flag.

You have been around long enough to know that Roast threads are part of BF. You have tried to have this thread closed a couple of times now - maybe it is time to give it a rest :rolleyes:

Yarran could fart in some supporters faces and they would comment on how nice it smelt :rolleyes: Couple of highlights a year and a lot of coasting isn't worth defending.

Softies have to be outnumbered 10:1 by hard nuts otherwise you end up with an unbalanced portfolio/list.
Carlton has invested in far too many softies and the hard at it players can not compensate for the softies level of shitness against good sides.
It isn't complicated - everyone except Carlton supporters know this.

You are completely correct,but beware the mods are using the force when you respond with something that is negative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back