Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was buying flowers on the way to the cemetery and spotted this.

RRP $10 but if only they were home delivered at $3 a month for a year.
5e08d7261584c1f30f6aa3c7fb92e220.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not so convince. 20190108_172309.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was SO excited to see a thread on another forum that I'm a member of--
"CRISCO--IS IT WORTH IT?"

My glee quickly turned to disappointment. All 12 responses were variations of "no, too expensive". Waahhhhhhh
Some people just don't understand convince.:rolleyes:

I need to get onto my Crisco hamper. I hear they sell the biggest chunk of Spam and call it turkey?and its only like $100 but divided by 12 thats $30 a month. Plus they throw in a free can of peaches.
I hear they eat a lot of those in the country.

Is it hipster food at massively inflated prices?
Not quite.

Its one of those meal prep services - you pick a certain number of meals for a certain number of people and they deliver the ingredients and a recipe to make said meal. They provide everything except the staples (milk, olive oil, salt, sugar etc). An old housemate of mine used to get it but I don't remember how much he said he paid for it

Apologies if this has been raised already but is Hellofresh just Chrisco for the middle class?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'd say there are similarities in that they're overpriced ways of getting food delivered. But those meal prep companies are more of a pay x and receive y each week for a bit of a premium, while chrisco is pay x each month and at the end of the year you get a bunch of stuff you can literally buy as is for half the price. I think those hello fresh companies do some of the portion control/meal prep and recipe for you, which is a service that normal grocery deliveries or chrisco don't do.

Hello Fresh is for time poor people who want to 'eat right' without actually shopping. They have an actual value add service (coming up with recipes, portioning out food, etc).

Chrisco do nothing you couldn't do by putting x amount a week in a bank account as the only items they provide are supermarket staples.

We used to use Hello Fresh but realised how much cheaper it is to just buy the ingredients direct from the shops. Instead of individual portion sizes for spices etc we now have them as staples in the pantry too.

We used to use Hello Fresh but realised how much cheaper it is to just buy the ingredients direct from the shops. Instead of individual portion sizes for spices etc we now have them as staples in the pantry too.
People need to learn how to keep a pantry, then fresh cookng becomes really easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back