Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year this thread makes me feel like an a-hole but sh*t it's funny.
I think it would not be a shame if they made this sort of financial exploitation illegal.

Customers should get BETTER deals on things by pre-paying.

In the meantime, some of their posts…

😂

I feel it comes in waves. It's hilarious, then you see something that makes you feel intense pity for these financially illiterate people (and their children), then one does something so ridiculous that it's funny again.
I tend to think Christmas and subsequent Chrico arrivals must be a time of great excitement for members of Federal Cabinet and their families. These guys have looked at the Chrico model and decided to apply it to government procurement, pay eye waveringly large amounts of money for basically f*** all, which will arrive at some undetermined point down the track.

I tend to think Christmas and subsequent Chrico arrivals must be a time of great excitement for members of Federal Cabinet and their families. These guys have looked at the Chrico model and decided to apply it to government procurement, pay eye waveringly large amounts of money for basically f*** all, which will arrive at some undetermined point down the track.
You must spend a good 12 hours a day sitting on here going on on about this crap, each to their own but can you at least limit to the SRP where it belongs.

I feel it comes in waves. It's hilarious, then you see something that makes you feel intense pity for these financially illiterate people (and their children), then one does something so ridiculous that it's funny again.
Yeah! That's it. I was poor growing up and don't have much financial literacy so thank * I married an accountant. I just feel awful for the intergenerational poverty we see in action.

HOWEVER they absolutely refuse to listen to anyone trying to help them soooooo

thank fu** I married an accountant.
Now Those are words you don't see very often :p

I just feel awful for the intergenerational poverty we see in action.
I've seen - indirectly - how incapable some people from what you might call the lower socio-economic, down to disadvantaged, demographic, are of managing the simplest things in life. Some of the kids get good enough influences to break out of it, a lot don't.

So yes, I feel bad about some of the things I read in this thread. It's like, if you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

Wait, she was legit going to keep her kids out of school so she wouldn't miss the delivery dude?
Yes?

The logic really doesn’t make much sense - is it a surprise? If so it can wait until they get back from school. Is it seriously just so they can see a delivery truck and the delivery person? If so how do you land on the conclusion that watching a bed be delivered is more important than going to school?

So many questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the excitement is building. in celebration, some videos of last year's haul. a glimpse into their strange world.

tomorrow is chrisco day, emily will be staying over. i feel kinda bad by the end of this one.

this one appears to eat other food during the year, as i'm fairly sure chrisco wouldn't deliver coles branded food. at least not in its own packaging.
poor video, not quite the same if people aren't excitedly listing their food.

share their joy of going through boxes of groceries you can purchase any time of year

Everyone - do yourselves a favour and watch the third video @ about 0:55 onwards. :thumbsu: o_Oo_Oo_O
I think I know that family in the third video. Obviously don't want to dox them but if they live inner northern suburbs of Melbourne, the mate who I lived with an I swore they were an incestuous family (we lived next door - it's not my family).

Last edited:
Check out the condiments at 3,15

Back in 5
Who needs that much stuff???? Especially $3500 worth, when she says they can't afford to go to the supermarket. ITs insane

Their house is already so full of crap, there is nowhere for the new Chrisco haul except in the lounge room :)
For the life of me I find it hard to understand why it is so difficult to just buy fresh fruit and veggies as you need them, with a few basics in the cupboard not much more is needed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back