Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly off topic but kind of related.

I asked one of my students today if he had a computer at home. He told me that he did and that his parents pay Harvey Norman $26 a week for it. That amounts to $1,352 a year. He also said that that they get a new one each year. I'm assuming that at the start of each year when they get a computer they have to sign a contract for the next year so they can't just cancel the contract and keep the current computer. I'm also assuming that they need to hand the old one back in when they get the new one. Say they did this for 4 years then they would have paid $5408 for a computer. Are my calculations correct?

Sounds kinda like Flexirent...although I think you buy out the computer at the end for like a buck

So I was at some guy's place for a bbq last night, friend of a friend, and the subject of Chrisco came up. I said, "Seriously who would be stupid enough to do that?". The place went quiet for a second then someone quickly changed the topic. My friend said to me afterwards that the guy who hosted the bbq has done it for about 20 years.
Reminds me of when I went around to a BBQ at a workmates house, and there were Crisco boxes. I work in a supermarket with this guy and he's been there 25 years so the stupidity just baffled my mind.

As more and more alcohol was consumed I was more and more tempted to quiz him but never did thankfully. :drunk:

Have you sat them down and done the maths?

Also, just set up a direct debit each week from their account to yours for the same amount. Forget it for a year.

At the end of the year they'll see when they get their change from shopping.

BUT THEY GET BOXES DELIVERED!!!!!!

That's the thing with it. These campaigners are reliving good times when they were kids and got presents. As adults, they no longer get the big box surprise, so they recreate it with the Costco delivery.

BUT THEY GET BOXES DELIVERED!!!!!!

That's the thing with it. These campaigners are reliving good times when they were kids and got presents. As adults, they no longer get the big box surprise, so they recreate it with the Costco delivery.
Always wanted some colourful straws as a Christmas present.

images.ashx

Well they sell this 46 easy payments of $7.52. I really hope that includes a bottle and the glass.
*edit: Just looked and it doesn't. Wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images.ashx

Well they sell this 46 easy payments of $7.52. I really hope that includes a bottle and the glass.
*edit: Just looked and it doesn't. Wow.

Hang on, so WTF am I buying!?!

Shazza not happy with the pork chops..you go girl..rip into em!!View attachment 316830
It's hardly surprising that Chrisco meats aren't of the highest quality.

I ordered $1000 worth of chrisco hampers and they were delivered to me in November of 2013. All of the meat that I have cooked so far has ended up in the bin because it's been tuff, fatty, full of sinews, an unusual amount of liquid comes out of the meat during the cooking process which makes the meat stew and the meat ends up thin and tough and smelly. The chicken breast fillet pack had only one breast fillet and the rest were small chunks of off cuts! The lamb chops stink like mutton and are full of fat and sinew. The ham arrived frozen so lid and when thawed was tough and stringy and powdery. I managed to use half of it to make a pea and ham soup, the other half went in the bin! I've contacted chrisco and they will not offer me a refund! I still have most of the meat in the freezer and have told them I want them to take it back! So I'm now lodging a complaint with fair trading! It's absolutely unacceptable!
-There meat it worse than pet food!
Compared to the others, the grammar here isn't too bad but the reviewer still spelled tough wrong and used "there" incorrectly.

I laughed at this.

We have a lot of meat and I don't know what to do with it.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/chrisco/2.html

And the 2016 "NO s**t SHERLOCK" award goes to..... James Pinto!!!! Congratulations James.

"Today I received my much awaited Chrisco Hamper, totally disappointed, in-spite of friends telling me not to go ahead, I placed an order for hampers totally NZD $ 460, and when i checked the product, its not even worth NZD $200."

Stick to cricket bro.

the meat was horrible it looks like its been frozen for years nothing like in catalogue I am a pensioner and thought this would be a way of buying meat as I usually eat chicken or pork as beef is expensive after spending around $300 I only got 3 chickens and a piece of ham worth eating
No punctuation in sight but at least they capitalised the I. Also, what the * is going on here?

Chrisco delivery person pull snapped some of my large New curtain Xmas lights down, sent photo's receipt and company name as a bought online everything they wanted. I had to chase them up, they said didn't receive, sent again rang them yes got pics, etc. I had to chase them up again, no didn't get anything, so I said you have no intention of reimbursement they said we need photos this went on for months, so $150 LIGHTS broken and no one cares. They hoped I would forget.

The plot thickens

I have so many complaints about them three delivery people came and after I noticed all my rembrants paintings were vanished and for van goffs as well one of them just stood there looking at me and picking his nose he must have found a lamborgreenie because they took off fast with all the historic memrabilias I have collected with the money I make selling dryed up bits of plants down at cranny railway station

-pissed off no end
Cranbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back