Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone heard from Aggie?
4qxFRTa.gif

Something great happened yesterday. My wife was telling me how her cousin had given her a Christmas cake earleir in the day, and it was out of a Chrisco Hamper. She said it was ******* hard to not burst out laughing and say 'why the * would you buy one of those'!!!!

So I was at some guy's place for a bbq last night, friend of a friend, and the subject of Chrisco came up. I said, "Seriously who would be stupid enough to do that?". The place went quiet for a second then someone quickly changed the topic. My friend said to me afterwards that the guy who hosted the bbq has done it for about 20 years.

you could have offered to retract the comment for 46 easy payments of $2.95

A truely epic Chrisco fb rant. Who needs full stops when the message is clear enough..astounding.

I've been getting Chrisco hampers for almost 20 yrs and I'm always happy with them but the last couple of yrs and especially this year I was a bit disappointed with the lack of the cool little free gifts out of 13 boxes there was 2 gifts and in previous years there's been one if not 2 in each and every single box.. my kids love searching the boxes to find these cool lil Chrisco goodies and I didn't like the disappointed look when they found nothing, I understand finances get tight but this is something that should be a must, the amount of my friends who have looked into Chrisco for themselves after seeing these tiny but cool gifts laying around my house is astounding sadly none of them bothered to drop my name if and when they signed up. As much as I love my Chrisco I'm really disappointed in a small gesture

I get the feeling that won't be the only disappointment in her kids lives. Many, many years of misery to come, judging by their breeding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_4541.jpg

#BargainHunter

$192 all up. It's 3kg of biscuits and about 50 tins. Plus ONE 8L kitty litter. My cat goes through about 500g of biscuits a week, and a normal cat would have two tins a day on top of that.

So, you've just spent $200 on the cat. That should keep him going for a while right? Not really. Three weeks in and you'd be at the shops buying more litter because 8L is nothing. Especially that cheap s**t they are selling, it clumps horribly and stinks. The next week you'd be at the end of your tinned food. You could then just feed him biscuits for a week until you went shopping again.

So, all up you could eek out food for the cat for five weeks, not including a trip to the shops after three to buy litter. That's $40 a week to feed a ******* cat. My cat eats the good biscuits and gets prawns, tuna and meat on different days. Including litter and treats it still adds up to less than $20 a week and my guy is living like a king.

This thread has brought me to an existential crisis.

"I'd love to buy a house, but they cost so much - I don't have $600,000 just for somewhere to live."

But for just the easy low payment of 670pw (for 30 years), that house can be mine, right NOW.

I help people with mortgages and finance for a living. Am I just providing a "sophisticated" Chrisco-esque product?

"I'd love to buy a house, but they cost so much - I don't have $600,000 just for somewhere to live."

But for just the easy low payment of 670pw (for 30 years), that house can be mine, right NOW.

I help people with mortgages and finance for a living. Am I just providing a "sophisticated" Chrisco-esque product?
No, because (1) it's not realistic to purchase a house any other way for most people; and (2) as you said, they get to live in the house right NOW, not in 30 years after they've made all the payments.

People buying Chrisco still have to buy their tomato sauce week-to-week during the year as well as paying for the 47 litres that will arrive in December.

At least you get an asset at the end of it, rather than a bunch of empty nugget boxes.

Mate..you're a bit off topic there..I mean, all we really want to do is bag halfwits who like having 10 boxes of shapes biscuits in their pantry.

Not even comparable.

If you don't get a mortgage you still need to pay rent which is dead money. With a mortgage you have an asset at the end and generally make a profit on it.

View attachment 318268

#BargainHunter

$192 all up. It's 3kg of biscuits and about 50 tins. Plus ONE 8L kitty litter. My cat goes through about 500g of biscuits a week, and a normal cat would have two tins a day on top of that.

So, you've just spent $200 on the cat. That should keep him going for a while right? Not really. Three weeks in and you'd be at the shops buying more litter because 8L is nothing. Especially that cheap s**t they are selling, it clumps horribly and stinks. The next week you'd be at the end of your tinned food. You could then just feed him biscuits for a week until you went shopping again.

So, all up you could eek out food for the cat for five weeks, not including a trip to the shops after three to buy litter. That's $40 a week to feed a ******* cat. My cat eats the good biscuits and gets prawns, tuna and meat on different days. Including litter and treats it still adds up to less than $20 a week and my guy is living like a king.

I've seen something fairly astounding on their FB page in regards to the cat box.

IMG_4570.jpg

Why is she under the impression that she is saving $100 by buying it from them? Did they tell her that? How did she come to that number? I just added it up at Coles and it's $111.41 and costing her $192. By buying two lots she's actually losing over $160. What the *?

I've seen something fairly astounding on their FB page in regards to the cat box.

View attachment 318372

Why is she under the impression that she is saving $100 by buying it from them? Did they tell her that? How did she come to that number? I just added it up at Coles and it's $111.41 and costing her $192. By buying two lots she's actually losing over $160. What the ****?
Hey, at least she's put that "it will all be gone in three weeks" guy back in his box!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back