Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Even when I stockpiled original Pizza and Barbeque flavour in preparation for the 'New and Improved' Shapes Armageddon, I doubt that I would have had $268 worth of them.

Is that photo supposed to show everything that you get? If you went to the supermarket and bought all that (including splashing out for a lovely 'non-bonus' tin), I doubt that you'd pay much more than $100.

I don't get your point

If I buy them via Chrisco, I only pay $12.76 for 21 weeks. I'm not forking out $100 like a sucker, mate

Even when I stockpiled original Pizza and Barbeque flavour in preparation for the 'New and Improved' Shapes Armageddon, I doubt that I would have had $268 worth of them.

Is that photo supposed to show everything that you get? If you went to the supermarket and bought all that (including splashing out for a lovely 'non-bonus' tin), I doubt that you'd pay much more than $100.

Shapes Armageddon.

Sent shivers down my spine that.

What a god awful time in history that was. Just terrible.

I often feel sorry for dumb people to be honest, and I do feel sorry for the people who get the hampers (but I still laugh at them).

Agree with this. I find I can't really laugh at a lot of the posts in this thread, I just feel sorry for the dumb campaigners. It's a fair indictment of our education system that a company that so blatantly rips off its customers can stay afloat, or even thrive. But as they say, a fool and his money...

Agree with this. I find I can't really laugh at a lot of the posts in this thread, I just feel sorry for the dumb campaigners. It's a fair indictment of our education system that a company that so blatantly rips off its customers can stay afloat, or even thrive. But as they say, a fool and his money...
I wouldn't lay the entire blame on the education system. Smart people also go through the same system. It's their attitude that they carry with them throughout school that stops them wanting to learn. Possibly an attitude they picked up at home that being smart is "a nerd" and they don't want to be called that.

Like I posted last year, there's kids I studied with in early high school that would question why we needed to learn maths, as he couldn't see why we'd use it.

The ones I would feel sorry for are the ones that are trying their best to learn but aren't bright enough to understand quickly. Not the ones that are dumb and refuse to learn.

Good point. Anyone who goes on a phone plan is being ripped off, just like a Chrisco customer.
Not necessarily. $27/month for a Galaxy S8 (Virgin) for 2 years is $648, that is less than buying it outright (~$1000) and you don't need to pay it upfront. On NPV basis that's way ahead.

Depends if the attached phone plan is good value or not.

Amaysim $40/month + $1000 for the phone = $1960. Virgin 2 year plan $50+$27 phone payment = $1848 without the upfront.

Not necessarily. $27/month for a Galaxy S8 (Virgin) for 2 years is $648, that is less than buying it outright (~$1000) and you don't need to pay it upfront. On NPV basis that's way ahead.

Amaysim $40/month + $1000 for the phone = $1960. Virgin 2 year plan $50+$27 phone payment = $1848 without the upfront.

Don't be coming in here with your sound logic.

Depends if the Chrisco plan is good value or not. 90% of phone plans are not good value for money (GVM) The above one you quoted is the outlier. Or people are choosing poorly, the same as Chrisco customers

Nope, because the phone is nearly always cheaper than buying it outright which is the opposite to Chrisco. Phone carriers subsidise the phone to get you on their network.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Depends if the Chrisco plan is good value or not. 90% of phone plans are not good value for money (GVM) The above one you quoted is the outlier. Or people are choosing poorly, the same as Chrisco customers
Which one are you on? Can you show us your free tin?

Which one are you on? Can you show us your free tin?
Nope, there is a box though :$

5732162.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

people really don't like the baffling ordeal of supermarket shopping...

Sure, go to the supermarket, if you like chaos and having to pay for everything all at once!

Whats wrong with online shopping from one of the major supermarkets, don't like them, just pay a few $$ and its at your door. I personally love it.

not liking supermarkets is no reason to use Chrisco

Whats wrong with online shopping from one of the major supermarkets, don't like them, just pay a few $$ and its at your door. I personally love it.

not liking supermarkets is no reason to use Chrisco
Think someone posted something like that on the Chrisco FB page. It was taken down pretty quick!

looking at the holidays

7 night trip to LA and Vegas, day ticket to universal included along with a couple of little things around Vegas - $9000....

I hope they're business class plane tickets plus a 5 star hotel:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back