Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he being charged with terror offences?

It's a possibility, but hasn't happened yet

He's still been charged with 50 murder counts and 39 attempted murder counts, so he's already got his plate full

Does NZ have a law that requires a potential parole time? If there also isn't a law that means nobody can be sentenced to "excessive" years meaning 200 years etc then it could be something like:

300 years prison with a non-parole period of 250 years.

AFAIK life imprisonment in NZ simply means a minimum non-parole period of 10 years. The judge can hand down a sentence of life without parole, but this has never occurred.

I see at least one Anzac Day Service has been cancelled in NZ as a consequence of the terror. This seems a shame. Also one is having a mullah say a prayer. This could become a thing or not?

I just rechecked my information and see the prayer has been cancelled due to threats.

What a freaking mess.

I see at least one Anzac Day Service has been cancelled in NZ as a consequence of the terror. This seems a shame. Also one is having a mullah say a prayer. This could become a thing or not?

A lot of Turks were killed in the battle so it's pretty appropriate.

That they're nice enough to let us come over there and commemorate what was an invasion of their country is pretty nice of them too.

We dont exactly invite the Japs to Darwin to commemorate their bombing of Darwin.

Services in NZ were consolidated together, not cancelled, at the advice of the NZ police in the interest of public safety. It has nothing to do with the background of anzac day.
Because police are going to come out and say otherwise?
All they would do is trigger right wingers, and give ammunition to the left wingers

Because police are going to come out and say otherwise?
All they would do is trigger right wingers, and give ammunition to the left wingers
Oh yeah my bad dude, on deeper thought they actually cancelled them as a wider plot to eliminate anzac day but they're keeping it on the DL just incase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of Turks were killed in the battle so it's pretty appropriate.

That they're nice enough to let us come over there and commemorate what was an invasion of their country is pretty nice of them too.

By many accounts the Turks and ANZACS got on well for some reason. Whilst i have never been to the ANZAC service there i have heard from a few people that in the last few years the Australians attending havent exactly covered themselves in glory, which is rather a shame to put it mildly.

By many accounts the Turks and ANZACS got on well for some reason. Whilst i have never been to the ANZAC service there i have heard from a few people that in the last few years the Australians attending havent exactly covered themselves in glory, which is rather a shame to put it mildly.
By many accounts the 90,000 dead Turks and ANZACS did not get on well for some reason.

By many accounts the 90,000 dead Turks and ANZACS did not get on well for some reason.

Compare the death rates of Allies in German pow camps with Japanese camps (not to mention Germans in Russian camps and vice versa). Starking contrasts despite all being at war with each other.

NB The French had a fair bit to do with the Dardanelles campaign which gets rather forgotten in Australia. IIRC they lost something like 10k men.

Compare the death rates of Allies in German pow camps with Japanese camps (not to mention Germans in Russian camps and vice versa). Starking contrasts despite all being at war with each other.

NB The French had a fair bit to do with the Dardanelles campaign which gets rather forgotten in Australia. IIRC they lost something like 10k men.
How is the death toll in WW2 POW camps in any way even remotely relevant to your ridiculous comment about WW1?
It is simply romanticised nonsense to suggest that the Turks and ANZACS at Gallipoli "got on well"; they slaughtered each other in massive numbers whenever and wherever they could.

How is the death toll in WW2 POW camps in any way even remotely relevant to your ridiculous comment about WW1?
It is simply romanticised nonsense to suggest that the Turks and ANZACS at Gallipoli "got on well"; they slaughtered each other in massive numbers whenever and wherever they could.

The whole thing was a waste.

The sad thing is how differently this whole thing has been treated by the left.

Islamic terror attack: Must show solidarity with the Muslim community-individual was mentally ill and acted alone- isn't representative of Islam.
White terror attack: Problem with radicalisation of white males- must outlaw white nationalism- problem with white people and white society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back