Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

There is lots of truth to that.
"WE" give the green light to things like this...that's why nutters do it.
"WE" need to take responsibility so that "WE" don't influence other nutters to do the same thing.

To me it's no different to blaming all men for the murder of the Jewish girl in Bundoora. It's the same bullshit.

At least Anning is consistent, ghastly but a man of his word. So many others in this country who've spent the last fifteen years beating up anti Islamic flames are suddenly going to be shocked and ruminate publicly on how such a terrible thing could happen. It will be an exercise in lack of self awareness.
Who says society is not a microcosm of bigfooty?

How do you hold a view like that? While also saying that you are against a person defending you against your "own demise"??

There's no dichotomy. I get to vote and shake my head at what is going on in this country. I don't support taking up arms against civilians to enforce political views. Full stop.

I'm off to play in a cricket GF. It's still a good place.

There's no dichotomy. I get to vote and shake my head at what is going on in this country. I don't support taking up arms against civilians to enforce political views. Full stop.
You believe that Muslim immigration will lead to your own demise...
This guy shares your views, and wanted to fight back...

You share his views,you engage his views, you support his views, you want something to be done...
But, you're clearly against his actions... that have come about due to the 'social acceptance' of your shared views.

It's pretty pathetic. We've seen the PM himself suggest that inflaming anti Islam feeling is a good way to win votes but now he's dreadfully shocked this has happened. What exactly does he believe?

Scott Morrison seems to be shocked at a lot of things, eg. banking royal commission, Pell, doesn’t he have advisors? Where does his aptitude lie?

Can't you see that the primary mechanism feeding these logical perversions are their assigned ideological oppositions?
There is a place for a left vs right discussion, but it has no bearing on this. You're sticking it where it doesn't belong.

White nationalism has built an intellectual framework around notions of white peril, cultural doom and enemies everywhere. White PC liberals, bankers, Soros. They will march on whether others criticised them or not.

If we're the primary mechanism for feeding them, how can we criticise violent ideologies?

You share his views,you engage his views, you support his views, you want something to be done...
But, you're clearly against his actions... that have come about due to the 'social acceptance' of your shared views.
I often wonder why people who believes muslims will lead to their demise and raped daughters and the death of their society don't take action.

It's not a big leap at all.

Bourke street killer/bomber (attempted) = a) nutcase or b) Mulsim Jihadi nutcase facilitated by the left
Christchurch shooter/s = a) nutcase or b) Whit Supremacist nutcase facilitated by the right

Take your picks according to your personal ideologies folks.:thumbsu:

Bourke street killer/bomber (attempted) = a) nutcase or b) Mulsim Jihadi nutcase facilitated by the left
Christchurch shooter/s = a) nutcase or b) Whit Supremacist nutcase facilitated by the right

What kind of a basic binary world do you live in?

How are they comparable?
Stop trying to smash a square into a circle, just because you're angry that it doesn't fit.

I understand the family angle. I do.
It is a sick way of learning a harsh lesson, but perhaps that is the point that we have come to?

No it’s not the point we have to come to re seeing footage. You shouldn’t have to see footage to know just how horrific slaughtering 49 people with a semi automatic actually is.

We are becoming blase to the consequences of marginalising people.

I don’t think so, history has given us plenty of examples as to horrific consequences

As for Anning, what can you say? Absolute low life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?
You actively think that average people would view that footage... of an Australian killing innocent people...
And they would still vote for the fear-mongering that lead to it?
How low is your opinion of Australians?
Because most people are smart enough to differentiate between ONP and that evil bastard yesterday. Anning would certainly lose support for going far far far too far in even hinting yesterday was justified.

Religious extremism is 'left'?
This isn't the thread for binary blindness, but you could at least get it right.

For this reason, I've never understood 'The Left's' identification with and defence of Muslim radicalism. Right and Left are nearly identical at their extremities. See Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mussolini & Mao, i.e. all fascists.

Q: What is the underlying mechanism that empowered all of them?
A: The state

This isn't the thread for binary blindness, but you could at least get it right.

There were two choices, although I can see how you would choose to completely ignore one in order to magnify the other.

Nah, I see where he is coming from. If you sit in the middle and watch the debate fly after atrocities such as these, those are the claims made by each side.
It's ridiculous, but that is the current state of play in this increasingly binary world.

BULLSHIT.

Apologists desperately trying to give the issue a political angle by trying to make the issue and right vs left.
The issue is a crime commitred on prejudice and racial hatred. Even Hitler committed the atrocities by blaming the left. I'm seeing the same common denominator here as well

You hate Carlton, right? You share my views. You killer, you.

* off.

Nah, I see where he is coming from. If you sit in the middle and watch the debate fly after atrocities such as these, those are the claims made by each side.
It's ridiculous, but that is the current state of play in this increasingly binary world.
We all acknowledge left and right is binary and is a lazy crutch we're all guilty of.

What does that have to do with the very real threat posed by white nationalism?

If a Muslim produced an 80 page manifesto exactly the same as the Christchurch terrorist (but changed the words Islam/Muslim with Christian/Christianity) would that petrson have been on a Watch List?

Truly disgusting and cowardly attack.
I'm ashamed an "australian" had anything to do with it.
His "citizenship" should be revoked, he can spend the rest of his life stateless in a NZ prison.

Fraser Anning is a ******* disgrace.

You hate Carlton, right? You share my views. You killer, you.

**** off.

Youu're trying to draw parallels between a dislike for a footy club as opposed to placing a blanket ban on people of the same religion?
One is a sports rivalry the other is racial and religious prejudicial hate. Don't be silly

BS. His 'motivation' is racist, bigoted blind brainless gutless hate of Muslims.

Enabled by our RWNJ politicians & the variety of hate sites on the sort of antisocial media sites some on here habit.

If it were just 'ANTI left', why didn't he just shoot up a local labor party meeting? Instead he chose a Mosque full of defencless people.

Making anything else out of it is just brainless.

Does he hate Muslims, or, as in excerpts of his manifesto posted in here, does he just fear them and what may become in the future if left unchecked? He seems to have thought it was a pre-emptive strike. I dunno if I'd call that hate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back