Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

CM86

Anindilyakwa
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bourke street killer/bomber (attempted) = a) nutcase or b) Mulsim Jihadi nutcase facilitated by the left
Christchurch shooter/s = a) nutcase or b) Whit Supremacist nutcase facilitated by the right

Take your picks according to your personal ideologies folks.:thumbsu:
What kind of a basic binary world do you live in?

How are they comparable?
Stop trying to smash a square into a circle, just because you're angry that it doesn't fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
I understand the family angle. I do.
It is a sick way of learning a harsh lesson, but perhaps that is the point that we have come to?
No it’s not the point we have to come to re seeing footage. You shouldn’t have to see footage to know just how horrific slaughtering 49 people with a semi automatic actually is.

We are becoming blase to the consequences of marginalising people.
I don’t think so, history has given us plenty of examples as to horrific consequences

As for Anning, what can you say? Absolute low life.

Rob R

Team Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What?
You actively think that average people would view that footage... of an Australian killing innocent people...
And they would still vote for the fear-mongering that lead to it?
How low is your opinion of Australians?
Because most people are smart enough to differentiate between ONP and that evil bastard yesterday. Anning would certainly lose support for going far far far too far in even hinting yesterday was justified.

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, The Exers
Moderator #1,155
Bourke street killer/bomber (attempted) = a) nutcase or b) Mulsim Jihadi nutcase facilitated by the left
Christchurch shooter/s = a) nutcase or b) Whit Supremacist nutcase facilitated by the right

Take your picks according to your personal ideologies folks.:thumbsu:
Religious extremism is 'left'?
This isn't the thread for binary blindness, but you could at least get it right.

Number37

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
No it’s not the point we have to come to re seeing footage. You shouldn’t have to see footage to know just how horrific slaughtering 49 people with a semi automatic actually is.

I don’t think so, history has given us plenty of examples as to horrific consequences

As for Anning, what can you say? Absolute low life.
I hope you're right.
Perhaps I'm just becoming too cynical.

Anning should just be ignored. He is attention whore-ing.
Leave him to hang out with the glass jawed wannabe Nazis.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
For this reason, I've never understood 'The Left's' identification with and defence of Muslim radicalism. Right and Left are nearly identical at their extremities. See Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mussolini & Mao, i.e. all fascists.
Q: What is the underlying mechanism that empowered all of them?
A: The state

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Religious extremism is 'left'?
This isn't the thread for binary blindness, but you could at least get it right.
Nah, I see where he is coming from. If you sit in the middle and watch the debate fly after atrocities such as these, those are the claims made by each side.
It's ridiculous, but that is the current state of play in this increasingly binary world.

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Apologists desperately trying to give the issue a political angle by trying to make the issue and right vs left.
The issue is a crime commitred on prejudice and racial hatred. Even Hitler committed the atrocities by blaming the left. I'm seeing the same common denominator here as well

Ron The Bear

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
You believe that Muslim immigration will lead to your own demise...
This guy shares your views, and wanted to fight back...

You share his views,you engage his views, you support his views, you want something to be done...
But, you're clearly against his actions... that have come about due to the 'social acceptance' of your shared views.
You hate Carlton, right? You share my views. You killer, you.

**** off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
GWS
Nah, I see where he is coming from. If you sit in the middle and watch the debate fly after atrocities such as these, those are the claims made by each side.
It's ridiculous, but that is the current state of play in this increasingly binary world.
We all acknowledge left and right is binary and is a lazy crutch we're all guilty of.

What does that have to do with the very real threat posed by white nationalism?

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
You hate Carlton, right? You share my views. You killer, you.

**** off.
Youu're trying to draw parallels between a dislike for a footy club as opposed to placing a blanket ban on people of the same religion?
One is a sports rivalry the other is racial and religious prejudicial hate. Don't be silly

AFL Club
Geelong
BS. His 'motivation' is racist, bigoted blind brainless gutless hate of Muslims.

Enabled by our RWNJ politicians & the variety of hate sites on the sort of antisocial media sites some on here habit.

If it were just 'ANTI left', why didn't he just shoot up a local labor party meeting? Instead he chose a Mosque full of defencless people.

Making anything else out of it is just brainless.
Does he hate Muslims, or, as in excerpts of his manifesto posted in here, does he just fear them and what may become in the future if left unchecked? He seems to have thought it was a pre-emptive strike. I dunno if I'd call that hate.

AFL Club
GWS
Does he hate Muslims, or, as in excerpts of his manifesto posted in here, does he just fear them and what may become in the future if left unchecked? He seems to have thought it was a pre-emptive strike. I dunno if I'd call that hate.
Good lord.

AFL Club
Collingwood
There is something very wrong with you

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Apologists desperately trying to give the issue a political angle by trying to make the issue and right vs left.
...........then.........

The issue is a crime commitred on prejudice and racial hatred. Even Hitler committed the atrocities by blaming the left. I'm seeing the same common denominator here as well

AFL Club
Gold Coast
We all acknowledge left and right is binary and is a lazy crutch we're all guilty of.

What does that have to do with the very real threat posed by white nationalism?
I encourage you to watch the video I posted about earlier this morning.
This isn't just about white supremacists, it goes far deeper than that.
His targeting of Muslims was a convenient tool to inflame both sides. He called out high profile gamers and prominent American politicians in the hope that even more people 'take sides'.
And it's working.
If I take the leftist side and blame white supremacists I get smashed by the right.
If I take the right side and blame Muslims for all the ills of the world I get smashed by the left.
There is no middle ground anymore.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This forum is a touchstone for the left v right divide and culture war.
I've said previously that I am basically a centreist who leans slightly to the right on fiscal matters and slightly to the left on social issues.
I've been lambasted by many, from both 'sides', stating that this is an impossibility.
You either with 'us' or you're against 'us'.
Peoples world views are far more binary than in any other time in my memory.
And it's frightening.
I view it as compliment to be lambasted by both sides

AFL Club
GWS
I encourage you to watch the video I posted about earlier this morning.
This isn't just about white supremacists, it goes far deeper than that.
His targeting of Muslims was a convenient tool to inflame both sides. He called out high profile gamers and prominent American politicians in the hope that even more people 'take sides'.
And it's working.
If I take the leftist side and blame white supremacists I get smashed by the right.
If I take the right side and blame Muslims for all the ills of the world I get smashed by the left.
There is no middle ground anymore.
How can violent white supremacists be criticised? Should they be criticised?

AFL Club
Geelong
If a Muslim produced an 80 page manifesto exactly the same as the Christchurch terrorist (but changed the words Islam/Muslim with Christian/Christianity) would that petrson have been on a Watch List?
Was the manifesto there online for all to see for any length of time before his murderous rampage? I have no idea. If it was, surely someone would have reported it. Or if it was online, was it only posted up immediately prior to him heading off.

Top Bottom