BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Oh, you mean the slaves that were freed because of Christians leading the charge to abolish slavery, based on Biblical principles of freeing slaves because all humans are made in the image of God?

Yeah, that's a great example of how the church has shaped society's views, which is my point, not his. This isn't a recent thing either - bishops were given the power to free slaves in the later Roman Empire. Yes, the same Rome that had had countless slaves living in it for centuries.
You breath out of your arse mate!

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
No, it's not that simple. In the military we used encryption that literally changes the algorithm each time you plug the 'egg' (as we called it) into the radios. **** knows how it works (only the chooks knew that s**t) but unless both sides were using the same device, it was effectively uncrackable.

I doubt ASIS are going to Facebook and requesting they decrypt 30 million Aussie citizens encrypted messenger chats, or how on earth they would be able to do anything with that data (let alone have the man-hours to actually read it all). They'll have a few suspects of interest and they'll subpoena those messages, in de-encrypted format.

Dont worry mate, your dick pics are secure for another day.

Why would ASIS be looking domestically?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Can't you see how this cretin's relationship with his supposed ideological opposition has played a major role in driving his insanity?

I see someone who embraced the more violent aspects of white nationalist s**t. He marinated in all their memes, and arguments and all the s**t.

Those who oppose this ideology have no part in this issue.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Why would ASIS be looking domestically?

I'd be surprised if they weren't having a poke about in order to facilitate some political currency to keep the morons (aka the public) playing the game..

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I see someone who embraced the more violent aspects of white nationalist s**t. He marinated in all their memes, and arguments and all the s**t.

Those who oppose this ideology have no part in this issue.

His motivation is clearly ANTI left, not PRO fascist.

The mentally disturbed do not fit neatly in to your ideological filing cabinet.

So it only penalizes people who communicate their intent to commit a crime?

You're aware we already have 'conspiracy to commit' offences right?

Like, in WA if you order 1kg of Meth on the phone, you could already be being wiretapped, and your ordering of the Heroin (regardless of if it's actually sugar, or if it's even ever delivered to you) will lead to you being convicted of the offence of conspiracy.

How is this different?

From where I sit, it only goes one step further and tracks encrypted communications via encryption apps, instead of phone calls.

Or are you suggesting we leave the sophisticated encrypted calls alone, and just monitor dumb ****s that still talk on phones or some s**t?
I haven’t seen the wording of the bill but the wording real estate used was suspected of leading to a crime which is broader reaching than your interpretation of “intent to commit a crime “; I don’t know which is actually in the legislation but can see why real estate is concerned if that is his interpretation- that any government official with axe to grind to manipulate “suspicion “ and put someone through a court process without oversight.
Of course if your interpretation is correct then that possibility is much more remote.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
And on cue, Tony Burke wants to turn this into a discussion around “Hate Speech” and “Freedom of Speech” and 18C.

Ok Tony, lets start by banning the 3 holy books of Abraham to start with and move on from there shall we?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
But you're just put him in the anti-left part of the filing cabinet.

What was is your evidence for the claim?

His rantings. Did you not read them?

If he was not ultimately threatened by "left" ideology then explain his true motivation?

Are you suggesting that he even has a rational political motivation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't know yet, but I bet we'll find out pdq, tonight or tomorrow morning.

He spent most of yesterday belittling kids taking a stand against the lack of urgency on the Climate Change issue. He had his little wry smirk about adults not being able to critcise kids & that adults may be wiser & more knowledgeable.

Looking at the anti science brigade of Bolt & Trump & so many of the RWNJ, I'm not so sure about the wise bit. Biggoted, biased & thick more easily come to mind.

Same with the anti immigrant, wink nod to white Australia. Enabling the racist hate brigade.

At some point we have to stop blaming the media and take some responsibility as individuals and as a collective.

Media reports things in a way that they think people want to hear.
If people stopped wanting to hear news through the prism of left/right then the media will stop reporting news through the prism of left/right.
A lot of proud nationalists turning shrinking violets in the next few days now that deeds have followed words.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
His rantings. Did you not read them?

If he was not ultimately threatened by "left" ideology then explain his true motivation?

Are you suggesting that he even has a rational political motivation?
He targeted muslims. White nationalism is all about targeting others. It is primarily concerned with threats from others rather than a love of their own.

Turning this into a rumination on the impact of the left is bullshit and you're being inconsistent. You believe a disregard of the modern left is rational (which I partially agree with you on) and he shares this, but at the same time you're claiming he's insane and irrational.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He targeted muslims. White nationalism is all about targeting others.

All non libertarian ideologies are about targeting others.

Turning this into a rumination on the impact of the left is bullshit and you're being inconsistent. You believe a disregard of the modern left is rational (which I partially agree with you on) and he shares this, but at the same time you're claiming he's insane and irrational.

So you're claiming he is a rational pro fascist with virtually no other motivation than white supremacy?

..........at the same time you're claiming he's insane and irrational.

Are you claiming that he's not?

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
I'm just saying they're both expressions of far right/ conservative views. With identical results when put into practice.
For this reason, I've never understood 'The Left's' identification with and defence of Muslim radicalism. Right and Left are nearly identical at their extremities. See Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mussolini & Mao, i.e. all fascists.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Those types of people are going to watch it anyway.

People like this guy act because they think they have the support of the non-extremists. The nudge-nudge wink-wink veiled racism that has overrun our values is what is empowering the alt-right. They think this is the kind of thing people want. To an extent they are right, this is what people want.
It's now up to people say "yeah nah, that's not what we want". Watching the horror may shock some people into pulling their heads in.

It's an affront to all of us who value civilised society. All right-minded (as in correct, not right-wing) people condemn it.

It's a lot to process.
Nationalist.
Australian.

s**t just got real.

Wonder if Trump will ban Australians from the USA until they can work out whether we are fair dinkum or not?
It's pretty pathetic. We've seen the PM himself suggest that inflaming anti Islam feeling is a good way to win votes but now he's dreadfully shocked this has happened. What exactly does he believe?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
So you're claiming he is a rational pro fascist with virtually no other motivation than white supremacy?
His rantings ticked all the boxes of a pretty widely shared ideology. There are plenty of rational people indulging the ideology. They have mainly online hubs where they tickle each other's balls with this s**t.

What the left have to do with this, or how a left right dichotomy has to do with this, you haven't explained.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This forum is a touchstone for the left v right divide and culture war.
I've said previously that I am basically a centreist who leans slightly to the right on fiscal matters and slightly to the left on social issues.
I've been lambasted by many, from both 'sides', stating that this is an impossibility.
You either with 'us' or you're against 'us'.
Peoples world views are far more binary than in any other time in my memory.
And it's frightening.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We live in a predominantly white regional town. one of my sons had taken to saying 'allahu akbar' basically mocking Moslems. Id told him off for it but obviously not forcefully enough as he had kept doing it.

In the aftermath of yesterday, I explained to him that mocking a race or religious group helped create an environment where some nutcases thought it was ok to go into someone's church and slaughter the people being mocked.

My young son immediately understood the point and promised to stop mocking people from other cultures.

If a kid can so quickly understand why respect and tolerance for other peaceful cultures is important if you want to live in a decent society - why do so many people struggle with this basic concept?

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
His motivation is clearly ANTI left, not PRO fascist.

The mentally disturbed do not fit neatly in to your ideological filing cabinet.

BS. His 'motivation' is racist, bigoted blind brainless gutless hate of Muslims.

Enabled by our RWNJ politicians & the variety of hate sites on the sort of antisocial media sites some on here habit.

If it were just 'ANTI left', why didn't he just shoot up a local labor party meeting? Instead he chose a Mosque full of defencless people.

Making anything else out of it is just brainless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back