Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't arguing that it wasn't an issue, I was saying that their guns stop a huge number of gun violence and that survey backs that up.

No it didn't, they said the numbers varied tremendously between studies, are inconclusive and need to be researched further before any conclusive proof can be drawn

Yet here you are claiming stats that the studies itself disputed is backing you up. Good work, coward Andrew Bolt

Yes, racists expressing insincere condolences are the real victims here. This is truly pathetic, you aren't even worthy of contempt.
I don't know if what you think you're replying to, but I can confidently say it's not the point I was making. At all.

46% of the 58.1% of eligible voters who actually voted in 2016 voted for Trump so the conclusion here is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
My apologies - I'll rephrase it: effectively half of all the people who voted, voted for Trump. Thanks for pointing out my error, which clearly invalidates the point that there's a whole lot of people out there being divided along tribal lines.

Thank God you're here to set us all straight with your wisdom.

Huh? Their prime minister said it. I'm not sure what you are talking about.
What are you talking about?

The bet was that the media will have a new hot topic within 2 weeks.

If you think that the media is not gonna let this go until the gun laws change then that is a big problem in the role of the media.

Genetic diversity does not= race. 'Race' has been determined in many different ways eg. Irish and Germans in the 19th century US were not always considered to be properly 'white'.

I’m not arguing it does, just pointing out what will be the consequence of attempting to argue that it does.

Ergo, a person creating clusters based on DNA sequence divergence will end up with ~3-4 “races” in “Africa” for every 1 “race” external to “Africa”.

For a person to get to a white “race” they may have to create well over 30 races worldwide yet as a consequence this one white “race” will exclude some white people.

The other 30+ “races” will be difficult to phenotypically tell apart, and most will be of “African” ancestry.

christ church isn't less than obvious to be attacked and nor is it that earthquakes are prominent here.. I am just winding up
things that we already know..

sorry. but these connections are already known..
my head says that I will have other things to say about all this.. play along with me..

It's not a real theory you twit. It's a meme for empty headed, idea-less know nothings like yourself.
Here's another theory for you-
View attachment 636273

Yes, racists expressing insincere condolences are the real victims here. This is truly pathetic, you aren't even worthy of contempt.

Please stop trying to get into debates about things you don't have the slightest understanding of. By calling the self evident truth that race is socially constructed 'pseudo-scientific rubbish' you're implying that race science is valid. You know phrenology (skull measurements), ideas that certain races are inferior/less intelligent/suited to servitude. Congrats, you've made it to the 19th century. So sophisticated.

Genetic diversity does not= race. 'Race' has been determined in many different ways eg. Irish and Germans in the 19th century US were not always considered to be properly 'white'.

46% of the 58.1% of eligible voters who actually voted in 2016 voted for Trump so the conclusion here is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Left identification with Muslim radicalism? Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot were fascists? Words have no meaning and everything in history is the same, apparently. **** me.
We got a wild one here!

unwieldy ones are always a bit out of stratosphere and they don't quite know how to deal with it all.
travesty is nothing that they understand,,,
singing out of tune is always good but then we get everyone else joining in...

Sort of sounds like you think its ok for media to play a hand in dictating policy.
No mate - a lunatic with an AR-15 shooting innocent people is the driving force in dictating policy this time. I don't know how you missed that. You must be a brainless flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mate - a lunatic with an AR-15 shooting innocent people is the driving force in dictating policy this time. I don't know how you missed that. You must be a brainless flog.
Quality discussion.

Wasnt there a black church in the US a year or two ago that was shot up by a white extremist with 30+ fatalities? Where was all the worldwide grief for that? I find it very odd that attacks against Muslims get this much attention where church attacks happen and are glossed over.
Your memory may be faulty. Anyway, the issue is obviously where the shootings happened rather than who the victims were.

Your memory may be faulty. Anyway, the issue is obviously where the shootings happened rather than who the victims were.

He's actually remembered two church shootings as one - in 2015, a predominantly black church in South Carolina was indeed attacked by a white supremecist, who shot nine people dead. The shooting itself didn't result in much long-term grief, but the Confederate flag came in for a beating. In 2017, a church in Texas was attacked and 27 people were shot dead. This stayed in the media's sights for even less time, as the shooter was a violent, mentally ill athiest man who attacked the church because his ex-wife went there.

Left identification with Muslim radicalism? Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot were fascists? Words have no meaning and everything in history is the same, apparently. **** me.
No. You're far too ugly. and it's such a messy business. Do you feel better now you've got that off your ****? If this is all you've got in the way of rebuttal, what is the point in you posting at all?

According to witnesses the suspect would go out hunting with his assault rifles to shoot up animals.
I think a picture of how this guy thought is starting to emerge,
This happens alot on the South island, I was surprised how strong the hunting culture is after visiting a few times

Well done to everyone who watched his video. You witnessed how Brenton Tarrant graduated from gunning down animals to gunning down human beings. I hope you enjoyed it.
This is the problem with the left ban and censor everything, understand anything not so much.

An individual can make a choice to watch or not.

https://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3#14

I was wrong. It was the CDC and it put the number at 500,000
The actual paper put the number of defensive gun uses (so not the same as death prevention) between 100000 to 3 million- the studies are highly variable.

Edit the higher number comes from Klecks national survey (which only surveyed 5000 homes) in 1994. It needs replication with a larger sample size.

I think this is where we start to realise this doesn't happen in isolation.

The extreme right has been around for generations but nothing much happened, supporters were low in numbers but have exploded since local Islamic terrorism.

We can't just go hard against the extreme right without dealing with extreme Islam.

This is the problem with the left ban and censor everything, understand anything not so much.

An individual can make a choice to watch or not.
Are you a child pr0n fan? Or a you some namby pamby left winger who believes in censorship? Surely people should be a able to watch and understand. Individuals should be free to make a choice to watch or not.

If you are someone who enjoys watching a gun massacre where real people die, then I consider you on the same level of lovers of kiddie pr0n.

There is obviously a need for some censorship, it comes down to a question of wherecthe line is drawn. I'm happy to draw the line at gun massacre.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back