Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

The 'left' nor 'right' of themselves do none of this. They are broad 'political' concepts which we tend to use as labels & identifiers.
Also as 'accusations'.

Its the political leaders, our party political leaders, that cause most of the angst with their claims of 'unity', 'care' & continually pumped up self promotion . All in the name of getting support, getting elected & enjoying the trappings of power, mainly control of money to spend. The spending is all too often in order to ingratiate them selves with their constituency.

Spending on the most pressing issues tends to come a dismal second to spending to buy elections.

Policy differences is fine. Its the disingenuous BS of 'words' they pour out day after day

Its an old saying, but most of them wouldn't lie straight in bed. I think most of us vote for the lesser of 2 or 3 evils. Some through habit. Some because they pick up on the subliminal, if not plainly outright, call to 'hate' the others.

Just now watching Scomo railing about the retreat to tribalism!. What a rotten gutless cynic. The fact he can stand their & say that shows how his & the LNP duplicitous, polar mentality works. The use of race & immigrant fear has been the big unstated policy of the LNP. Cant even face of admit his own words & behaviours.

How he can even say that he is a devout Christian beggars belief. Like a lot of them, he picks & chooses the bits of Christianity he likes, when it suits him.

Bloody Sunday morning sing song hero, & hypocrit.

How many LNP pollies have come out & railed about the Catholic Churches antisocial & illegal behaviours. Or the banks for that matter. What frauds, what a bunch of sanctimonious flogs.

Pretty apt really; those in power (or clambering to be in power) are largely interested in what's most likely to result in them gaining or maintaining that power.

As a society we're far better served by vigorous but central and reasonable debate around issues relevant to members of society.

Instead we have increasingly extreme Twitter style grabs and identity politics to try to harness whatever hot button topic they think will secure votes.

It's a fairly sad state of affairs.

You babbling fool. What have "lefties" got to do with the racist, fear mongering dog Panihi? Do you think that all the people that find Panihi, Bolt and the other supremacists loathsome are all "lefties"?

Ever heard of Carlos The Jackal? Bader Mienhoff? Ted Kaczynski? The Red Brigades? The Weather Underground?

You really are an a-hole.

I am brutally honest to the point where manipulative, engineered social constructs don't affect my judgement.

You're delusional to the point where you believe you have a monopoly on the defining boundries of empathy, and the right to impose judgement on all who differ from your worldview. You're literally an extremist. The only thing seperating your psychology from Tarrant's is the will to initiate violence.

The worst thing about people like Panahi/Bolt/Devine/Markson is that they only do the hate speech because it gets them paid.
These people must be filled with hatred and prejudice and as sick as it sounds, they probably use that old saying, "I'm getting paid for doing something I love".

The masses are so easily directed by the MSM.

About three weeks ago, I was reading (in alternative news) how the latest estimates from Iraq's High Commission of Human Rights show that 11,800 civilians have been killed in Iraq and Syria since Obama started the anti Isalamic State campaign in June 2014 (more than 30,000 US-led airstrikes). That includes some 2,300 children and 1,100 odd women.
I have thoughts for innocent deaths whether in Iraq or NZ.

But the MSM are going to firmly focus on the tragedies that they can use to push their agendas eg. gun control, censorship of the internet and social media, race hate, right vs left political division.
Both this Christchurch shooter and the 2011 Norwegian anti-Muslim mass murderer show links to the Knights Templar. Will any of the MSM talk about that? Heck no, because that would shine the light on the fact that there is a deep and complex history of conflict between the likes of Europeans/Catholics and Muslims/Islam.
Will the MSM discuss how this shooter wants to see a backlash reaction of gun control and division in hope of it leading to civil war and further extremist action? Heck no, because the left leaning MSM want gun control and political tribal division.

The first few MSM videos that I watched on this event included how the shooter's manifesto referenced Trump and how social media (eg. Facebook) should not have allowed the live streaming. Neither of those two topics have anything to do with the root cause of why this shocking event occurred.
And one of the first articles I read showed a photo of that wrongly arrested suspect in the camo clothing. Given I had watched the shooter video in which the shooter was wearing different clothing, I found myself immediately questioning the accuracy of the MSM reporting of the events.
Humans are sheep. Just sheep. Well put btw. 100% agree.

Liberals are left wing. To the extent that the term 'liberal' means 'left wing' in the USA, and here in Australia you have to distinguish between being a 'small l liberal' (social liberal, or progressive) or a 'big L liberal' (Liberal party conservative).

The 'Liberal party'of Australia isnt really liberal. Its a Conservative party (well... its made up of small 'l' liberals like Turnbull and Bishop, alongside Cconservatives like Dutton and Abbott).

Or at least it was. Those two factions of the party are currently tearing the party apart.

For the record, I sit somewhere between the Labor Right and Liberal Left. Small 'l' liberal, socially progressive and economically capitalist. Collectively we're known as Social or Democratic Liberals.

John Stuart Mill and Adam Smith are my main influences.

Of course, Andrew Bolt to you is probably a reasoned centrist, so I guess that makes me Pol Pot the second.
Mate I am the smallest l liberal Mal Turnbull fan you will find you are so left of me I can't see U on the Horizon.

Ever heard of Carlos The Jackal? Bader Mienhoff? Ted Kaczynski? The Red Brigades? The Weather Underground?
What the * are you on about? Why the concerted effort to deflect criticism and outrage of what the ******* moron did in New Zealand and the reasons and inspiration behind it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.

Things have changed since 9/11. We've seen the extremes of Jihadists & of the RW racist nut jobs more & more since then. The media & social media have a lot to answer for. Exposure to such violence live on real time is known to be damaging to the psychology, especially that of the young, & probably the confused weak minded types as well.

Watching such stuff as blatant hateful face to face murder is designed to shock &/or excite the vicious RWNJ types. The point is to not give the butchers the airtime & exposure they want.
You do know that over the last century the left wing nut jobs promising utopia have been responsible for as much of the slaughter?
But hey you have an independent mind don’t you?

What the f**k are you on about? Why the concerted effort to deflect criticism and outrage of what the f****ng moron did in New Zealand and the reasons and inspiration behind it?

He's saying that left wing terrorism at a societal level is hardly a new thing and it will begin again.
People with the level of anger that you hold will only inspire them.
Well done, Culture Warrior.

What the f**k are you on about? Why the concerted effort to deflect criticism and outrage of what the f****ng moron did in New Zealand and the reasons and inspiration behind it?

See, this is where your ilk CONSISTENTLY lose the plot.

Criticising your rationale in regard to this situation IS NOT DEFENDING BRENTON ****ING TARRANT!

This identity crap is breeding a generation of mindless automatons.

Its a Crime, Mental health and Gun control issue

This vile act was neither left nor right, neither religious nor anti. It was this - a crime. This pudendum is gaining all of this coverage because he is a MASS MURDERER, and that's all, and exactly all, he is. To assign anything other than pathological violence and imbecility to this individual is to miss the point.

Exactly the same applies to reactionary Muslims who choose to display their imbecility and criminality through violent acts. Even before they are terrorists, they are MURDERERS. They are criminals first and foremost. Any other descriptors are superfluous, though 'imbecile' can also be safely attached.

That the Bush administration chose to ignore this aspect of the November 2001 attacks was where the whole process of retribution became derailed, from its very beginning. It was the sheer shallowness and blind vindictiveness (against any but the actual perpetrators, a bunch of Saudis) which must be avoided in dealing with the murderer in NZ.

It is this man who caused this, despite any claims he may have made of the blame being laid at the feet of others. Why should any notice be taken of the document written by one so obviously unhinged.

End rant.

I am brutally honest to the point where manipulative, engineered social constructs don't affect my judgement.

You're delusional to the point where you believe you have a monopoly on the defining boundries of empathy, and the right to impose judgement on all who differ from your worldview. You're literally an extremist. The only thing seperating your psychology from Tarrant's is the will to initiate violence.
What the * are you on about? We are engaged in this thread over the murder of people in New Zealand and they motivation behind it. People like Panihi have given halfwhits and psychologically unstable dullards the courage and prompting to "stand up for our cultcha". What the f**k has Carlos the Jackal and the other psychopaths you mentioned with this outrage?

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, this is where your ilk CONSISTENTLY lose the plot.

Criticising your rationale in regard to this situation IS NOT DEFENDING BRENTON ****ING TARRANT!

This identity crap is breeding a generation of mindless automatons.
Bingo!

I'm curious. In your opinion, should a community be forced to accept immigration from violent, illiberal, patriarchal cultures, even if they don't agree with these values themselves and are concerned about how it will affect their lives?

Follow-up question: would your answer be different if the community in question originated from a non-Western country, say, Ethiopia? If an Ethiopian didn't want to accept the mass migration of illiterate, female-genital-mutilation supporting, fundamentalist Somalis into their country, would you call that Ethiopian a, quote unquote, 'vile bit of excrement'?

And if you hold those two groups to different standards, ie. an Ethiopian may defend their culture/heritage but a White Australian should simply shut up and quit complaining, then are you not yourself a purveyor of discriminatory attitudes that skirt worryingly close to racial alignment? Are you not, for want of a better word, a racist yourself?
It sounds like you are referring to Muslims and if so, you need to educate yourself about Islam. Muslims believe they can coexist peacefully with non-Muslims. How do I know? I am a practicing Muslim. What that means that you should not hold fear of a Muslim if they move next door to you.

It is the group called Hizbul-Ikhwaan (Which translates to “The Muslim Brotherhood”) that say the blood of anyone who follows secular law is lawful to take, and this includes anyone who is not revolting against the enforcers of secular law even if they do not practice it. Hence, they would even take the life of a Muslim living peacefully in the West. It’s why they walk into a crowded place and detonate a bomb without caring who is around them.

This movement started with the devious Sayyid Qutb, who died in the 1960s. Nowadays though, the line between them and the Wahhabis are quite blurred because I guess the Wahhaabis like the sound of the senseless violence this movement calls for? The common Muslim does not believe in this and in this group are the majority of people who call themselves Muslim around the world. Trust me, if it was in the Islamic belief that we could not coexist peacefully with the non-Muslims, then you wouldn’t have millions of Muslims living peacefully in Western countries. Let’s be real, the amount of people affiliating themselves with Islam and then carrying on terrorist attacks in the West is very little compared to the Muslims who live in the West peacefully.

FYI, Ethiopian non-Muslims and Muslims have coexisted peacefully for many years. Muslim immigration to Ethiopia happened 1400 years ago and they were welcomed with by the ruler at the time. They still coexist peacefully until this day.

Pretty apt really; those in power (or clambering to be in power) are largely interested in what's most likely to result in them gaining or maintaining that power.

As a society we're far better served by vigorous but central and reasonable debate around issues relevant to members of society.

Instead we have increasingly extreme Twitter style grabs and identity politics to try to harness whatever hot button topic they think will secure votes.

It's a fairly sad state of affairs.

Yes it is. Very sad & bad for all of us,

Argument on policy is an old fashioned concept. It doesn't often suit the modern professional self serving politician to argue real policy issues, when it comes to election time, or a chance to wedge the other side.

When push comes to shove they operate with low morals & cat like cunning to attack anyone who threatens them. And really, its mainly those within the party they do their best hatchet work on. ;)

The state of the nation is of incidental concern to many of them. Sure they have some political beliefs, especially when they start out. They express them when it suits, & will use that to 'con' the electorate.

Its when you get the subliminal messages, although sometimes outright divisive messages from them (ie Abbott, Dutton & Hanson for example). Or the fact they don't want to talk about the dirty washing they & their parties engage in that show much of their hypocrisy. ( extreme union behaviour, extreme business behaviour). that shows what they're really like.

Selfish political party hacks.

The 'left' nor 'right' of themselves do none of this. They are broad 'political' concepts which we tend to use as labels & identifiers.
Also as 'accusations'.

Its the political leaders, our party political leaders, that cause most of the angst with their claims of 'unity', 'care' & continually pumped up self promotion . All in the name of getting support, getting elected & enjoying the trappings of power, mainly control of money to spend. The spending is all too often in order to ingratiate them selves with their constituency.

Spending on the most pressing issues tends to come a dismal second to spending to buy elections.

Policy differences is fine. Its the disingenuous BS of 'words' they pour out day after day

Its an old saying, but most of them wouldn't lie straight in bed. I think most of us vote for the lesser of 2 or 3 evils. Some through habit. Some because they pick up on the subliminal, if not plainly outright, call to 'hate' the others.

Just now watching Scomo railing about the retreat to tribalism!. What a rotten gutless cynic. The fact he can stand their & say that shows how his & the LNP duplicitous, polar mentality works. The use of race & immigrant fear has been the big unstated policy of the LNP. Cant even face of admit his own words & behaviours.

How he can even say that he is a devout Christian beggars belief. Like a lot of them, he picks & chooses the bits of Christianity he likes, when it suits him.

Bloody Sunday morning sing song hero, & hypocrit.

How many LNP pollies have come out & railed about the Catholic Churches antisocial & illegal behaviours. Or the banks for that matter. What frauds, what a bunch of sanctimonious flogs.
The first half of your post is contradicted by the second half of your post.
Screams "muslims are dangerous", "Islam is evil", "don't trust them", "be really scared of them", "they want to impose Sharia Law in Australia", "we are being swamped by them and we have to do something about it": so some ******* knuckledraging moron does something about it and Panihi has the effrontery to write a peace denouncing the "peddlers of hate"?

That ******* dog needs to be called out for being a "peddler of hate" but whilst there are imbeciles who can't understand what is so disgusting and hypocritical about what she wrote, Panihi and preachers of hate will keep on inspiring morons to go out and commit offences, whether those offences be words or deeds.

All the people who should be ashamed at their role in advancing the cause of hatred and fear, of loathing other people because of their religion or skin colour, these bastards like Panihi, like Sheridan, these urgers for "rising up and defending our culcha" are now trying to convince us that they are pure, that they are in the center of the political spectrum and there are ignoramuses that believe them!
Similar to above. The issues are fear, hatred, and division. Of which you are spreading yourself.

It is interesting that clamping down on civil liberties such as freedom of speech is seen as a method to fight fascism/nazism. Fight fire with fire?

Freedom of speech comes with it the obligation not to encourage violence, racially abuse, harrass, abuse, stalk etc.

Go look at 8chans /pol/ board if you want a look at what an unmoderated alt-right cesspit looks like. Nothing actually ever gets discussed, it's just shitposting, extremism, right wing conspiracy theories and worse.

Or on second thought, dont.

I work with a Muslim girl. Shes a hard working and lovely woman, a lawyer, with 2 kids. Usman Kawaja just made 2 centuries for Australia, helping us beat India in an away series. Bachar Houli helped Richmond win a flag 2 years ago. We have a Muslim MP. Muslim media personalities. Muslim people everywhere contributing to society, working hard and being anything but 'dangerous, violent and illiberal'.

I think, in a debate on public policy and the long term consequences of unprecedented demographic and cultural transformation, replying with google images and a personal anecdote is probably a sign that the conversation has reached a point of no-return.

The first half of your post is contradicted by the second half of your post.

Similar to above. The issues are fear, hatred, and division. Of which you are spreading yourself.
Wow! What an intellectual pigmy you are. Straight out of the Bolt/Panihi school of "if you can't defend yourself, blame others of the same dastardly deed." hahahahahahahah.

This atrocity has bamboozled the racists and bigots and they are scrambling to deflect any blame from themselves onto others and trying to position themselves back into the "sensible center".

These last couple of days have been really instructive as to how intellectually and morally bankrupt the reactionaries and there imbecilic followers are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back