News & Events Christchurch shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Be careful on youtube, twitter, etc.

This sick * livestreamed it.

I didn't see it but many have and warned against seeing it.

Genuinely disgusting, I'm in tears after spending all day being part of an amazing day full of activism with people of all faiths to see something like this is terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone there.
There's a press conference from police in 5 minutes where they'll give more details.
For those on social media, watch out for the videos they're circulating quickly, report them if you see them they are disgusting.
Please don't name the shooter either, they don't deserve any attention for this horrific act.
If you're in Christchurch please stay safe.

******* hell, one of the shooters is still out in public.
All schools are in lockdown and they don't expect that they'll be let out for a long time.
Terrible.

Tragic loss of close to 30 innocent lives to date due to at least one deranged individual.

Genuinely disgusting, I'm in tears after spending all day being part of an amazing day full of activism with people of all faiths to see something like this is terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone there.
There's a press conference from police in 5 minutes where they'll give more details.
For those on social media, watch out for the videos they're circulating quickly, report them if you see them they are disgusting.
Please don't name the shooter either, they don't deserve any attention for this horrific act.
If you're in Christchurch please stay safe.
One of the many sad things to come out of today is that the effort you guys all made today will be totally over shadowed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guns are actually pretty easy to obtain in New Zealand; it's just a place with a small population and lots of space. It's easy to get a licence and once you have a licence, picking up military grade weapons is no harder than a 9.

They'll shut that down really quickly but yeah, New Zealand is way more lax than Australia.

The reason this hasn't happened before and gun crime there is low is education and general culture and attitude.

Guns are actually pretty easy to obtain in New Zealand; it's just a place with a small population and lots of space. It's easy to get a licence and once you have a licence, picking up military grade weapons is no harder than a 9.

They'll shut that down really quickly but yeah, New Zealand is way more lax than Australia.

The reason this hasn't happened before and gun crime there is low is education and general culture and attitude.

New Zealand had a fair few mass shootings a while back.

Does anyone know who was responsible for what?

So far there's the guy who was regularly posting online, who made the post alerting about the shooting, uploaded the documents (I'm not calling it a manifesto – he can't even use commas or go without mentioning memes; this isn't Karl Marx), and livestreamed the Mosque shooting.

Who was the person whose car was rammed?

There's a snapchat video of two men with guns. One's in a white shirt and the other has a towel around his head. That isn't the streaming shooter afaik.

What and where did the others attack?

Does anyone know who was responsible for what?

So far there's the guy who was regularly posting online, who made the post alerting about the shooting, uploaded the documents (I'm not calling it a manifesto – he can't even use commas or go without mentioning memes; this isn't Karl Marx), and livestreamed the Mosque shooting.

Who was the person whose car was rammed?

There's a snapchat video of two men with guns. One's in a white shirt and the other has a towel around his head. That isn't the streaming shooter afaik.

What and where did the others attack?
I'd say wait, I'd rather the name wasn't posted on here (But it will be) so that he doesn't get the attention he wants. There are 4 shooters (3 men 1 woman) Stuff is still coming out at the moment though

New Zealand had a chilling lone gunman rampage from small town eccentric about three decades back (possibly older than the identified gunman here). It was later adapted into Out of the Blue with Karl Urban, which in my opinion is the best New Zealand film thus far this millennium.

He livestreamed himself shooting people.
Surely Channel 7 isn't showing that?
I understand that they are showing the beginning of it, (The man taking his weapon from the car, walking through the gates and thats it, no audio) Still disgusting that they give this bastard light

He livestreamed himself shooting people.
Surely Channel 7 isn't showing that?
Hopefully not.

The Gaddafi slaying 8 years ago was disturbing, I was outraged that something like that would get coverage. I don't care how monstrous a figure reputedly is, or how much it has crawled out into the public domain, you just don't broadcast that sort of thing.

I understand that they are showing the beginning of it, (The man taking his weapon from the car, walking through the gates and thats it, no audio) Still disgusting that they give this bastard light

When I saw him leaving, I was speechless. He gunned down a woman outside the mosque then drove over her on the street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back