Recommitted Christian Petracca [out of contract 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's looking to get out of Melbourne I hope Gold Coast have a crack, he's the sort of player they need to secure and they should be able to convince him by offering more money than he'll get elsewhere. They also have the bargaining chips to deal with the Dees to convince them to part with him.

If he's looking to get out of Melbourne I hope Gold Coast have a crack, he's the sort of player they need to secure and they should be able to convince him by offering more money than he'll get elsewhere. They also have the bargaining chips to deal with the Dees to convince them to part with him.

Straight swap for Ben King

Didnt you pay 15, 35 and Burton for Wingard and he is Not an A-lister expect something similar but given their is a premium on trades this year might be tat more...
Wingard was a 25 year old 2 time All Australians and B&F winner. Supreme talent who in a ‘down year’ at Port averaged 22 touches and over a goal a game, something done by very few that year.

He is an A grader who showed late this season what he is capable of when fit. Petracca is a talented youngish player that has not shown half of what Wingard had.

I doubt he goes anywhere this year but it would not be pick 10 and another first if he did.

I Doubt we’d entertain a trade now. He apparently wants more mid time. So hopefully Burgess gets him on a program to strip a few kgs. Played a nice game in the middle in the last round. Actually had a good year after about the first 5 or so weeks.

Wingard was a 25 year old 2 time All Australians and B&F winner. Supreme talent who in a ‘down year’ at Port averaged 22 touches and over a goal a game, something done by very few that year.

He is an A grader who showed late this season what he is capable of when fit. Petracca is a talented youngish player that has not shown half of what Wingard had.

I doubt he goes anywhere this year but it would not be pick 10 and another first if he did.
Actually when you compare Petracca to Wingard in both career and same age Petracca actually has the better stats in most areas so either you underate Petracca or overate wingard I lean to the overating of Wingard as the A listers are Fyfe Cripps Martin Dangerfield and they are on whole different level....

Actually when you compare Petracca to Wingard in both career and same age Petracca actually has the better stats in most areas so either you underate Petracca or overate wingard I lean to the overating of Wingard as the A listers are Fyfe Cripps Martin Dangerfield and they are on whole different level....
Do they?

This is Tracs 4th season of AFL footy.

He averaged 19 disposals and a goal a game.

Wingard in his 4th season averaged 19 disposals and 2 and a half goals a game.

Wingard isn't an A grader, get your hand off it.

Do they?

This is Tracs 4th season of AFL footy.

He averaged 19 disposals and a goal a game.

Wingard in his 4th season averaged 19 disposals and 2 and a half goals a game.
Have a look at contested and uncontested possession, metres gained, few other vitals Wingard can barely be put into B grade but hey Im glad Hawks over payed for him and Melb would want to keep Petracca anyway unless he wants out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at contested and uncontested possession, metres gained, few other vitals Wingard can barely be put into B grade but hey Im glad Hawks over payed for him and Melb would want to keep Petracca anyway unless he wants out...
Contested and uncontested possessions just total to the amount of possessions that both had... Which was almost identical... So he had more meters gained? Not exactly a key stat for a fwd/mid, unlike you know goals.

I totally agree that the Demons would be unlikely to trade Petracca now though.

Contested and uncontested possessions just total to the amount of possessions that both had... Which was almost identical... So he had more meters gained? Not exactly a key stat for a fwd/mid, unlike you know goals.

I totally agree that the Demons would be unlikely to trade Petracca now though.
Will be curious to see if Hawks go to the draft or shake some trees

Honestly one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on here. Wingard was the best young player in the comp was a 2 time all aus and kicked 40+ 3 times before he was 23.

Thought I heard he was about to sign an extension just working on when it was announced. Who knows.
I did hear a rumour it was going to be announced at some later stage. But has possibly re signed. There are some rumours players not as big as Trac have signed and it hasn’t been announced. ANB and Wagner. Maybe they’re saving them up for best and fairest or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back