Recommitted Christian Petracca [out of contract 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would happily give up Richmonds 1st & 2nd rounder for Petracca this year

I think in a good system and more fitness he could become a very special player

That would be a good deal. Late firsts aren't really too much better in a qualitative sense than a pick in the 20s or 30s.

I agree, in the context of the player he could be.

Only issue is that he hasn't showed enough of it. If he requested a move it's probably on the better side of the deals you'd get.
I don’t see how that’s on the better side. It’s effectively pick 20 and 40 for a contracted player I very much assume we have no interest in losing. He actually had a pretty decent year after the first month. Hasn’t met his potential yet but he needs to lose a few kgs and get a bit fitter.

Well the guy is a bit of an enigma and is no longer a young kid with potential at Melbourne

Career
will be 24 years old by the time he plays again
19 possessions and less than a goal a game
3 tackles 1 C.clearance a game at 67% De

Just 2 years away from free agency.

What would his value be ?

#17/#18 + #34-#40 is roughly around pick #9 in points if you value that stuff

Well the guy is a bit of an enigma and is no longer a young kid with potential at Melbourne

Career
will be 24 years old by the time he plays again
19 possessions and less than a goal a game
3 tackles 1 C.clearance a game at 67% De

Just 2 years away from free agency.

What would his value be ?

#17/#18 + #34-#40 is roughly around pick #9 in points if you value that stuff
If you want points maybe, but no club would be giving up pick 9 for pick 17 and 34

Points are a terrible way to work out what the value of a draft pick for a club without an academy/FS prospect as they don't weight the top end picks high enough

If you want points maybe, but no club would be giving up pick 9 for pick 17 and 34

Points are a terrible way to work out what the value of a draft pick for a club without an academy/FS prospect as they don't weight the top end picks high enough
perhaps gws with greene looking at an early bid may consider trading #11 or #13 for the points

perhaps gws with greene looking at an early bid may consider trading #11 or #13 for the points
Think gws would be moving up in the draft not down.

Petracca, Oliver, harmes, viney, brayshaw, jones (already pushed more outside), with dunkley and sparrow coming through, with so many one paced mids that cant really play another position, you’d think one or two would be out the door, can’t see it being Petracca though, probably the second most talented of that bunch behind oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Back