Recommitted Christian Petracca [re-signs for two more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably one of those frustrating players that will pull out a ripping year in a contract year then turn to s**t for the remainder of the contract only to do it again next time...

He pulled out a ripping year last year and has been a stand out in pre-season thus far, in sensational condition as well.

Probably one of those frustrating players that will pull out a ripping year in a contract year then turn to s**t for the remainder of the contract only to do it again next time...
Better than nothing.

He pulled out a ripping year last year and has been a stand out in pre-season thus far, in sensational condition as well.

Nah, he didn't pull out a ripping year....

The bar for this bloke is a lot higher than 18 disposals and a goal a game when playing almost exclusively as a forward.

He's at the 85 game mark, most kids like him really take off at around the 100 game mark, so 2020 & 2021 will be interesting to watch.

Nah, he didn't pull out a ripping year....

The bar for this bloke is a lot higher than 18 disposals and a goal a game when playing almost exclusively as a forward.

He's at the 85 game mark, most kids like him really take off at around the 100 game mark, so 2020 & 2021 will be interesting to watch.

He was rated as one of the top general forwards in the game last year.

There was a video on the AFL site that went into detail but because the AFL site is garbage and doesn't seem to have a search feature anymore I can't find the video.

He was a bees dick from averaging 20 disposals, 10 contested possessions and a goal a game which only a select few managed to do, doing that playing basically as a forward is pretty damn good production especially coupled in with his defensive work inside 50.

I fully expect him to go to another level this year though, he's in ripping condition and a really standing out during pre-season.

Will be at the Hawks either this year or next. Unfortunately, Clarko has this sick fetish of chasing out of contract players that have previously worn the red and the blue.
Na its only out of 2 teams and hawks ain't one of them.

I heard perhaps he was frustrated at not getting as much mid time as he’d like. But he’s got himself fitter and there’ll be some more room this year in the middle.

That was cleared up in his exit interviews that it was out of necessity due to the injuries up forward.

He's not Dusty but he's a decent player. Still very B grade unless he goes to another level. I reckon he has it in him personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have it on very good authority that in his draft year, Petracca (then a mad Collingwood supporter) begged clubs with early picks (including Melbourne and GWS) to not take him because he was told Collingwood were interested at pick 6. Melbourne took him anyway, so Collingwood got De Goey.

I have it on very good authority that in his draft year, Petracca (then a mad Collingwood supporter) begged clubs with early picks (including Melbourne and GWS) to not take him because he was told Collingwood were interested at pick 6. Melbourne took him anyway, so Collingwood got De Goey.
Imagine a club gave into a players begging. Wouldn’t happen.

and on very good authority I call bullshit on your comment

This didn’t happen. Christian’s love for the Pies diminished once he entered the under 18s system. He was very grateful Melbourne picked him up. Eddie has kept tabs on him from day one though.

Heard he was disgruntled with the club late in the season last year. Maybe possible to pry him out? No doubt Demons would do everything they could to keep him
Yeah he was disgruntled, because he wasn’t getting as much midfield time as he would’ve liked. I think they cleared it up though and he’s trying to increase his endurance over the preseason so that he can play more on-ball.

Looks to lack the fitness for midfield, basically hasn't moved his fitness forward as they would have liked. Seriously looked better than De Goey when drafted and did the odd thing even in his first season that had the rest of us worried but has barely gone above that level.

Just googled his stats and he does get a few tackles in but hardly elite. He's a bit like Melbourne as a whole: heavy and scary inside but slow and surprisingly ineffective for the obvious quality there.

Under a decent coach like Fagan I think he could be made into a very dangerous player, Sheedy turned a very chubby Dean Rioli into a dangerous mid and Clarkson turned Dew's gut into a premiership belly so its possible.

Yeah he was disgruntled, because he wasn’t getting as much midfield time as he would’ve liked. I think they cleared it up though and he’s trying to increase his endurance over the preseason so that he can play more on-ball.
That's good news for the Dees. Although with the quality of your midfield, i'd still keep him playing the majority of his time forward of centre where he is more damaging.

Which was false.
He wasn't disgruntled but wanted clarity and certainty what role he would be undertaking this year and at the time the Demons couldn't give him an answer. We asked the question but we're told the asking price and backed off.

A huge disappointment has it all but doesn't seem to be interested in getting the best out of himself.

So your happy with his output so far?
His 24 a pick 2 hasn't delivered on his potential at all.
Yes i am happy with his output. Hes only 85 games into his career and hasn't even hit the 100 game mark where we start to see the beginning of their peak. He showed up to pre season lean and shredded as he looks to be transitioning to more midfield time this year.

This whole notion of he doesn't seem interested in getting best out of himself is just a huge load of s**t, you have based that on nothing but what you see on TV or read in the papers.

Straight after the season finished last year, him and Christian Salem funded there own training camp to the US last year and tapped into some of the best facilities and resources of the NFL. Hes trained all summer in the midfield and is looking in the best condition I have even seen him. Track watcher will also tell you that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back