Draft Profile Christian Petracca

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca is also by the looks of it stronger (already at least 6 kilos heavier than Sylvia is listed at, despite being so much younger) and I dare say as a result is probably more explosive and powerful, he's probably more athletic (I'd be reasonably surprised if Sylvia is able to dunk a basketball,
I'd be surprised if Sylvia couldn't dunk at 6ft1 1/2, given he had the best vertical leap in his draft year.

IT was the day AFL recruiters from every club wandered into Visy Park for a final glimpse at last year’s draft class — but Christian Petracca had other ideas.

The expected No.1 pick’s preliminary final 439 days out from his draft is rated as one of the special bottom-age performances.

With teammate Tom Boyd injured, the 186cm Petracca walked off with a stats sheet reading nine contested marks, 23 disposals, five goals, five behinds and 210 SuperCoach points as Eastern Ranges won through to the grand final.

The explosive forward bullied his senior Geelong defenders physically and verbally, took high marks, shredded tackles and was creating — if not kicking — goals.

“I haven’t seen too many individual performances better than that at under-18 level,” one recruiter said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...e-no1-draft-pick/story-e6frf3e3-1227129887931

IT was the day AFL recruiters from every club wandered into Visy Park for a final glimpse at last year’s draft class — but Christian Petracca had other ideas.

The expected No.1 pick’s preliminary final 439 days out from his draft is rated as one of the special bottom-age performances.

With teammate Tom Boyd injured, the 186cm Petracca walked off with a stats sheet reading nine contested marks, 23 disposals, five goals, five behinds and 210 SuperCoach points as Eastern Ranges won through to the grand final.

The explosive forward bullied his senior Geelong defenders physically and verbally, took high marks, shredded tackles and was creating — if not kicking — goals.

“I haven’t seen too many individual performances better than that at under-18 level,” one recruiter said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...e-no1-draft-pick/story-e6frf3e3-1227129887931
Wow. That is a game and a half from Petracca

He collapsed at training yesterday and was unable to complete the running exercises.

Will be a star, but after what's happened with the draft over the years with the dees, would laugh non stop for a year if he turned out no good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back