Contracted Christian Petracca

Worpedo Watch

Most AFL Premierships - Catch us at 5.
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
still signed til 2020, is it time the Dees trade him on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpedo Watch

Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
what would they get ..what would they take?

Makes one think about luck and brave selection ... the best from that draft looks to be P5 at this stage.
would just a first rounder do it?

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
Doubt we'd trade him when he's at his lowest value. One of only a few players with actual talent on our list.

Worpedo Watch

Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Doubt we'd trade him when he's at his lowest value. One of only a few players with actual talent on our list.
I'd give a first rounder. lad needs to lose weight.

Chaisa

Premium Platinum
Jun 2, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Seems pointless to trade him unless he wants out. They wouldn't get enough for him and at 23 he's hardly a complete write-off (though it does look doubtful he'll become as good as expected)

Worpedo Watch

Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Hawks would probably do that ..and then turn him in to a champ... probably tie up their Fr1's because of the 2 in 4 thing.
we can trade this years & next years 1st rounder, as 2015 picks roll off after this year.

BJK#5

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd give a first rounder. lad needs to lose weight.
I would be extremely hesitant to offer a first rounder for him. His talent is undeniable but he is no longer a young player that can live off potential and at this point i haven't seen enough to think he is worthy of a first round pick. Melbourne are better off holding and trying to get him to be the player we all expected when he was drafted.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
A 73 gamer who has shown glimpse but hasn't been consistent.

Oh my god, write him off, stick a fork in him, he is done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackenny

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Potential to be an inside bull. Will start showing his true value once Nathan Jones retires.

BJK#5

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
then why would he be traded?

Especially since he is the type of player we need
He probably won't be as i said earlier, his value has dropped and it makes sense for the Dees to hold him.

He however does need to start showing a lot more at this stage because he has not at all lived up to his hype yet, no one is saying that he can't make it though.

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
we can trade this years & next years 1st rounder, as 2015 picks roll off after this year.
It only starts to get assessed this year ..but at what time?I think id need to see clarification about the futures but with afl rules anything is possible.

As it yet to be actioned .. do the afl assess at the end of the 2019 draft as say .. Clubs in default get advised .. Geelong , Haw, Swans ..(whoever )... have now failed to have 2 in the last 4 years.. (16.17,18,19 ) and your FR1 is locked.Its difficult to adjudicate that a club is in default till the end of draft with in draft trading ... or do they advise you can not trade your Fr1.. as you have not used a R1 in 16,17,18 ..and if you trade your 19 you will be going into default?

And after that you can still seek to get an exception. Toothless dog in a way

WilloTree

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Because other clubs may be interested & think they can get more out of him than currently shown at Melbourne?
I agree. A change of scenery could do him the world of good. It happens. Turned out well for Higgins, Yeo, Adams etc.

You have to remember, a trade isn't always a bad thing. You always get something back, and in this case, it would be pretty significant.

Worpedo Watch

Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
It only starts to get assessed this year ..but at what time?I think id need to see clarification about the futures but with afl rules anything is possible.

As it yet to be actioned .. do the afl assess at the end of the 2019 draft as say .. Clubs in default get advised .. Geelong , Haw, Swans ..(whoever )... have now failed to have 2 in the last 4 years.. (16.17,18,19 ) and your FR1 is locked.Its difficult to adjudicate that a club is in default till the end of draft with in draft trading ... or do they advise you can not trade your Fr1.. as you have not used a R1 in 16,17,18 ..and if you trade your 19 you will be going into default?

And after that you can still seek to get an exception. Toothless dog in a way
I seeked clarification from the AFL through an AFL Media Personnel & he's said if we trade this years & next we must use 2 in the next two years

BennyGan

Team Captain
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
people talk about his weight and him having no tank, not enough is made about how horrendous his ball drop is. Its why he is such an inconsistent kick, has a high ball drop which is why he sprays it a lot

Top Bottom