Recommitted Christian Petracca [out of contract 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has not lived up to the hype surrounding him when he was drafted. Wouldn’t be in the top 10 players if the draft was redone on his output

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Loved Trac in his junior years but extremely disappointed with what he has produced so far and just doesnt look like its going to click for him at Melbourne

Whilst the Dee's supporters wouldnt want to trade him out now whilst he is at his lowest trade value it probably wont get much better as he is coming up to free agency range and if still at these levels he could be either traded for a late teens pick or get that pick as a compo.

Currently i would think his value would be in the #15-#25 range

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Has not lived up to the hype surrounding him when he was drafted. Wouldn’t be in the top 10 players if the draft was redone on his output
to be honest he probably would still go top 10 in the 2014 draft. That year has had so many disappointments due to injury and players just to developing at all.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
to be honest he probably would still go top 10 in the 2014 draft. That year has had so many disappointments due to injury and players just to developing at all.

DeGoey
Brayshaw
Heeney
Lever
Wright
Moore
Daniel
Steele
Howard
Andrews
Cameron
Jetta
Lloyd

All of the players above would be above him on output to date.

No doubt the talent is there but looks like he is happy to be average, looks lazy. Needs to get his career on track or he will be just another average number 2 pick

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
So they should.
He was pick 1

No he wasn't, McCartin was pick 1.

The only problem with his game and it's an important one is he hasn't been accurate at goal.

Also this myth that he's lazy is quite strange given that he's rated above average in tackles inside 50, ground ball gets, pressure acts and a host of other numbers.

People mark him unreasonably harsh.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants

The only problem with his game and it's an important one is he hasn't been accurate at goal.

Also this myth that he's lazy is quite strange given that he's rated above average in tackles inside 50, ground ball gets, pressure acts and a host of other numbers.

Sorry yes my bad he was pick 2.
But he has still been very dissapointing.
His goal kicking is embarassing.
His fitness also seems awful. What year is he in? 4th or 5th? He should be playing games through the midfield by now

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Sorry yes my bad he was pick 2.
But he has still been very dissapointing.
His goal kicking is embarassing.
His fitness also seems awful. What year is he in? 4th or 5th? He should be playing games through the midfield by now
That's not his role, he's a forward who plays stints in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Petracca is a classic example of supporters being 1-eyed.
With his natural tallent he should be preforming at an AA level and winning games off his own boot. So far he has failed.
No doubt he can turn it around though

It's not being one eyed at all, you're judging him on the massive expectations you've put on him and you're judging him accordingly because he hasn't met your ridiculous expectations.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
It's not being one eyed at all, you're judging him on the massive expectations you've put on him and you're judging him accordingly because he hasn't met your ridiculous expectations.
My expectations are reality of what he has the potential to be.
It would be unrealistic to expect Oscar Mcdonald to be a star because he wont be.
Patracca has the potential to be one but he isnt.

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
DeGoey
Brayshaw
Heeney
Lever
Wright
Moore
Daniel
Steele
Howard
Andrews
Cameron
Jetta
Lloyd

All of the players above would be above him on output to date.

No doubt the talent is there but looks like he is happy to be average, looks lazy. Needs to get his career on track or he will be just another average number 2 pick
Agree with most of those guys but Cameron, Lloyd and Jetta were all rookie evaluations so they weren’t actually drafted in 2014 and available to other clubs

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United

Yehhh nahhh thats not his only problem...

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not really but by all means elaborate?
Well if I was a Melbourne supporter I would be very disappointed with petracca so far. Was being touted as a future super star, bull of a midfielder. And so far he’s been ok, with a few really good games in between. He doesn’t have the tank to go into the midfield. Is currently only getting 16 disposals a game and less than a goal a game. His kicking is below par, and his decision making at times is atrocious. He drifts out of games when he was supposed to be a match winner. He doesn’t lay enough tackles as a forward with ‘explosive pace’, making just 3.2 a game.
But you think it’s only his goal kicking that’s a problem?

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Well if I was a Melbourne supporter I would be very disappointed with petracca so far. Was being touted as a future super star, bull of a midfielder. And so far he’s been ok, with a few really good games in between. He doesn’t have the tank to go into the midfield. Is currently only getting 16 disposals a game and less than a goal a game. His kicking is below par, and his decision making at times is atrocious. He drifts out of games when he was supposed to be a match winner. He doesn’t lay enough tackles as a forward with ‘explosive pace’, making just 3.2 a game.
But you think it’s only his goal kicking that’s a problem?

Given that he rates above average in most of those stats you've thrown out I'm not sure you know what you're actually talking about.

There's also nothing wrong with is field kicking.

He's also a forward who has stints in the midfield, not a midfielder.

Back