Recommitted Christian Petracca [out of contract 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks would probably do that ..and then turn him in to a champ... probably tie up their Fr1's because of the 2 in 4 thing.
we can trade this years & next years 1st rounder, as 2015 picks roll off after this year.

I'd give a first rounder. lad needs to lose weight.
I would be extremely hesitant to offer a first rounder for him. His talent is undeniable but he is no longer a young player that can live off potential and at this point i haven't seen enough to think he is worthy of a first round pick. Melbourne are better off holding and trying to get him to be the player we all expected when he was drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

then why would he be traded?

Especially since he is the type of player we need
He probably won't be as i said earlier, his value has dropped and it makes sense for the Dees to hold him.

He however does need to start showing a lot more at this stage because he has not at all lived up to his hype yet, no one is saying that he can't make it though.

we can trade this years & next years 1st rounder, as 2015 picks roll off after this year.
It only starts to get assessed this year ..but at what time?I think id need to see clarification about the futures but with afl rules anything is possible.

As it yet to be actioned .. do the afl assess at the end of the 2019 draft as say .. Clubs in default get advised .. Geelong , Haw, Swans ..(whoever )... have now failed to have 2 in the last 4 years.. (16.17,18,19 ) and your FR1 is locked.Its difficult to adjudicate that a club is in default till the end of draft with in draft trading ... or do they advise you can not trade your Fr1.. as you have not used a R1 in 16,17,18 ..and if you trade your 19 you will be going into default?

And after that you can still seek to get an exception. Toothless dog in a way

Because other clubs may be interested & think they can get more out of him than currently shown at Melbourne?
I agree. A change of scenery could do him the world of good. It happens. Turned out well for Higgins, Yeo, Adams etc.

You have to remember, a trade isn't always a bad thing. You always get something back, and in this case, it would be pretty significant.

It only starts to get assessed this year ..but at what time?I think id need to see clarification about the futures but with afl rules anything is possible.

As it yet to be actioned .. do the afl assess at the end of the 2019 draft as say .. Clubs in default get advised .. Geelong , Haw, Swans ..(whoever )... have now failed to have 2 in the last 4 years.. (16.17,18,19 ) and your FR1 is locked.Its difficult to adjudicate that a club is in default till the end of draft with in draft trading ... or do they advise you can not trade your Fr1.. as you have not used a R1 in 16,17,18 ..and if you trade your 19 you will be going into default?

And after that you can still seek to get an exception. Toothless dog in a way
I seeked clarification from the AFL through an AFL Media Personnel & he's said if we trade this years & next we must use 2 in the next two years

people talk about his weight and him having no tank, not enough is made about how horrendous his ball drop is. Its why he is such an inconsistent kick, has a high ball drop which is why he sprays it a lot

I seeked clarification from the AFL through an AFL Media Personnel & he's said if we trade this years & next we must use 2 in the next two years

So basically you can trade but we expect you to trade on in? If you trade out 16.17, 18,19,20 ..It will tie up your Fr1's till you have had 2 R1 picks perhaps till 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back