Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to say it but the bans are illegal

We have laws and we must abide by them

to understand what laws......we have trade and property laws with other nations and to be a recipient of the European Bank of Reconstruction finance one needs to enter into these treaties. Russia is a member.

Case closed!

to understand what laws......we have trade and property laws with other nations and to be a recipient of the European Bank of Reconstruction finance one needs to enter into these treaties. Russia is a member.

Case closed!
If we need to be a recipient of the European Bank of Reconstruction. If we forego that, and maintain the bans, wouldn't that be legal? Its like, we entered into a treaty to do something or face a fine, all suing can do is make us pay the fine, if we do that, we have fulfilled our obligations. I mean, its primarily set up to foster investment in emerging democratic countries.

The former Federal Attorney-General should not be representing a foreign entity with direct links to the President/leader/dictator of a hostile nation in any matter, let alone one brought against the Commonwealth.

What the actual * is going on. This should be front page news. ASIO/ASIS should be all over Porter like a rash.

The former Federal Attorney-General should not be representing a foreign entity with direct links to the President/leader/dictator of a hostile nation in any matter, let alone one brought against the Commonwealth.

What the actual * is going on. This should be front page news. ASIO/ASIS should be all over Porter like a rash.

It's called the cab rank rule.

A barrister can set their speciality in law and their price.

Generally, if the case is relevant to their speciality and the client accepts the price, the barrister must accept them as the client.

A conflict can exist where it would be inappropriate to represent someone (e.g. had represented the opposing client previously). Not sure if this fits that though.

If we need to be a recipient of the European Bank of Reconstruction. If we forego that, and maintain the bans, wouldn't that be legal? Its like, we entered into a treaty to do something or face a fine, all suing can do is make us pay the fine, if we do that, we have fulfilled our obligations. I mean, its primarily set up to foster investment in emerging democratic countries.

Ahhh sorry.....Australia is a contributor to the EBRD. Russia is the recipient of the EBRD support.

To receive support the recipient needs to sign up to the trade and property right agreements. The reason why they have to sign up is it is recognised their court systems are not mature and not separate from government.

Where Australia doesn't sign these treaties with nations like the UK, US or Germany.......as trade and property rights are upheld.

To keep our status as a low risk sovereign nation, we have to respect trade and property rights. The alternative is a sweet shallow victory against the russians but the consequence is we will have to pay ~2% sovereign risk insurance on every single dollar invested in Oz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Russia and their "liberation" of commercial airliners?

I think the moral of the story is we need to avoid behaving like Russia

Although I agree with the sentiment executed to date, I don't believe it serves us well by lowering ourselves to their standard

Case closed!
So that is porters argument?
Here’s mine
Let’s * Russia sideways and seize all their assets because * knows they are a terrorist miscreant state who will like try to fire a nuke for shits and giggles and we are really just hoping that the wiring malfunctions and self detonates

Although I agree with the sentiment executed to date, I don't believe it serves us well by lowering ourselves to their standard
No they deserve the treatment. * ‘em. When one goes high and the other goes low the one going high gets cut off at the ******* knees. So start high but don’t persist if the other goes low

Ahhh sorry.....Australia is a contributor to the EBRD. Russia is the recipient of the EBRD support.

To receive support the recipient needs to sign up to the trade and property right agreements. The reason why they have to sign up is it is recognised their court systems are not mature and not separate from government.

Where Australia doesn't sign these treaties with nations like the UK, US or Germany.......as trade and property rights are upheld.

To keep our status as a low risk sovereign nation, we have to respect trade and property rights. The alternative is a sweet shallow victory against the russians but the consequence is we will have to pay ~2% sovereign risk insurance on every single dollar invested in Oz.
No we wipe our arse in anything signed with Russia as automatically invalidated by their war if territorial aggression. We don’t ******* need them

They're a criminal state.

Their "soldiers" are murdering civilians for no reason but greed and power.

* em.

Deripaska is getting due process in an open and impartial court, and is being very well represented in his appeal against the government decision. It's basically the polar opposite of what you'd expect in Russia.

Deripaska is getting due process in an open and impartial court, and is being very well represented in his appeal against the government decision. It's basically the polar opposite of what you'd expect in Russia.

agree

that's why we don't sign trade and property right agreements with other nations with established nations with trade and property right laws or more accurately not demanded against us

what I am suggesting is the outcome is clear, even if it takes years to achieve

They're a criminal state.

Their "soldiers" are murdering civilians for no reason but greed and power.

* em.

Yes but "they" is the state and the individual soldiers carrying out the crimes

there are laws in place for these individuals

agree

that's why we don't sign trade and property right agreements with other nations with established nations with trade and property right laws or more accurately not demanded against us

what I am suggesting is the outcome is clear, even if it takes years to achieve
Then how are we behaving like Russia?

Yes but "they" is the state and the individual soldiers carrying out the crimes

there are laws in place for these individuals
Putin could stop it at any time. Easily.

No we wipe our arse in anything signed with Russia as automatically invalidated by their war if territorial aggression. We don’t ******* need them

but this isn't about them, this is about us

we are the ones on trial here, not russia

it is no different to punching out ya misses and then saying "she deserved it, cause she's a cheating whore". She may well have cheated but that doesn't condone the response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back