Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, say one word against a politician and they'll tie you up in litigation and send you broke at the same time.

It's just another step on the road to silencing the masses.

It would never work. I hope.
We have an implied right to freedom of political communication.

To beat you, the govt/politician would have to argue that there is no right to freedom of political communication.

The High Court has already said that it is basically a free-for-all between political opponents.
If it's basically a free-for-all between political opponents, then it is not a big stretch to include your average Joe Blo.

Because Christian Porter is an alleged anal rapist the tax payer should now pony up for any other court actions MP's want to take according to Spud. We're yet to find out whose paying for him to see the nasty man who said mean things about him on Twitter unless I've missed something.

How about they just don't say and do horrendous s**t?

He seems to have forgotten freedom of political speech.

AU6Ighh.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe it or not,

Last state by state poll for the next Federal election has the LNP up in WA - 53/47.

Mcgowans probably got a hand in that - hes alienated a lot of the country by putting forward plans to disenfranchise it and concentrate all the power in perth.

People feeling extremely betrayed. Me included.

I can separate state from feds - but hes cruelling the feds

Mcgowans probably got a hand in that - hes alienated a lot of the country by putting forward plans to disenfranchise it and concentrate all the power in perth.

People feeling extremely betrayed. Me included.

I can separate state from feds - but hes cruelling the feds

Hi Kranky.

How would you sort out the mess of the Upper House ?. It has been a festering sore for a long time, and I can’t remember anyone putting forward an alternative plan to the McGowan one.

If there is an alternative solution, put it forward.

I reckon at times, that people sit on their hands when there is a “sore”, then ark up when someone takes action. Don’t whinge, do something about it.

53/47 to the Libs is still not an ideal split - for context, last election was close to 56/44 and 'Kevin 07' still saw WA lean 53/47 in favour of the Libs.

A close to 50/50 result in WA next year will be counted as a big win for the ALP. People here are fairly smart in dissociating the State from Federal Governments.

It should also be added that (from my point of view) the sentiment in WA may be lukewarm towards the Federal Government, but we are apathetic to downright hostile towards the Federal Opposition that people here often perceive as out of touch and too eastern states focused.

The recent focus by the ALP on Queensland and western Sydney in an attempt to convert those marginals to Federal election winning seats is perceived as brushing off the concerns of WA (rightly or wrongly). It will be a generation imo before the ALP starts winning the 2PP vote in WA again. However, Christian Porter is definitely a massive chance of losing his seat if only due to electoral redistributions and the McGowan factor. The other Liberal seats? I have no confidence in any of them flipping next year.

Need to look beyond state wide figures, its the key electorates that matter and on current counts the Libs lose 4 potentially 5 seats. Been saying for a while that Swan, Pearce, Hasluck and Canning look gone. And then this morning PvO said even Tangney might swing based on both LNP and ALP private polling.

That alone swings the election. Getting rid of Morton and Hastie as well would be a bonus.

Need to look beyond state wide figures, its the key electorates that matter and on current counts the Libs lose 4 potentially 5 seats. Been saying for a while that Swan, Pearce, Hasluck and Canning look gone. And then this morning PvO said even Tangney might swing based on both LNP and ALP private polling.

That alone swings the election. Getting rid of Morton and Hastie as well would be a bonus.

If it holds at 53/47 not many will flip. Pearce is realistic especially given Porter's scandals and the redistribution, but...

Canning - 61/39 - would be an incredible upset to see it turn red
Hasluck - 55/45 - needs another tremendous swing, against a popular representative
Swan - 53/47 - gettable

Stirling's abolition helps with the richer parts put into an already safe Lib seat and the poorer parts into a marginal ALP seat and Pearce.

Difficult to see any other changes on election day apart from Pearce and Swan.

Hi Kranky.

How would you sort out the mess of the Upper House ?. It has been a festering sore for a long time, and I can’t remember anyone putting forward an alternative plan to the McGowan one.

If there is an alternative solution, put it forward.

I reckon at times, that people sit on their hands when there is a “sore”, then ark up when someone takes action. Don’t whinge, do something about it.
The regions got ignored for a hundred years.

They will now be utterly ignored for ever with this plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back